Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: chech this out

TomShane
    [quote][i]Originally posted by MadAsHell[/i]@Apr 21 2003, 02:34 PM
    [b] Gee, was Steve Young able to take advantage of Jerry Rice'' vertical speed?

and let's not forget Johnson is also over the middle possession NFL material.

. [/b][/quote]
    Mad, you ninny, Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 AND Steve Young had a great arm. I just don't see Chad whipping the rock downfield on any 60 yard fly-patterns.

And where do you see anything that would make you think that AJ is an "over the middle" receiver? He made his living running fly patterns and 15 yard in-cuts at Miami, not 5 yard slants.

Also, I know that Chad hooked up with Randy Moss deep alot in college, but that was against CB's and Safeties who are tax accountants now. I like Johnson alot, I just was asking if he'd fit the WCO with Chad at the helm.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Tinstar+Apr 21 2003, 01:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Tinstar @ Apr 21 2003, 01:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Lawyers[/i]@ Guns and Money,Apr 21 2003, 01:57 PM
    [b] That seems ridiculous. I don&#39;t have one of the charts, but I dont think 13+22 = 2. Then we would be getting Rogers for a 5th. Why would Detriot do either?? It seems to me we arent giving up nearly enough . [/b][/quote]
    what are you,a Lions fan.Be quiey and let them make us a fair deal,LOl. [/b][/quote]
    Tinstar I am still cracking up&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; But you are absolutely correct, I agree a 1000%LOL&#33; Tell that guy to be quiet and let them make us a fair deal&#33;

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    1.) First of all, you guys are all a bunch of dorks. You sound like you&#39;re chronicling the end of the world. But how much better am I? Not much.

2.) Why has noone mentioned the name Jimmy Kennedy? Wouldn&#39;t he be there too? If we get #2

dc

TomShane
    I know a guy who knows a guy that Voice Mailed me and said that Jimmy Hoffa is alive a is actually running the Jets draft this year using a Ouija Board, and that the rumor is the Ouija is partial to Andre Johnson, or DeWayne Robertson, or something. I have all the great sources

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is he the guy???????

Or the guy BEHIND the guy???

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey MadAsHell i love reading you post&#39;s,the are always a good read and your as smart a football fan as any man here&#33;But everytime i look at that tool morton i wanna beat my monitor in.Everyday you drive me a little more crazy with a new pic of him.I cant wait till saturday so you can change it forever :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dcronin[/i]@Apr 21 2003, 02:45 PM
    [b] 1.) First of all, you guys are all a bunch of dorks. You sound like you&#39;re chronicling the end of the world. But how much better am I? Not much.

2.) Why has noone mentioned the name Jimmy Kennedy? Wouldn&#39;t he be there too? If we get #2

dc [/b][/quote]
    Because he is my top candidate for the biggest 1st round bust from this draft.The guy once weight 400lbs and he has trouble with his weight control.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane+Apr 21 2003, 02:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (TomShane @ Apr 21 2003, 02:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--MadAsHell[/i]@Apr 21 2003, 02:34 PM
    [b] Gee, was Steve Young able to take advantage of Jerry Rice&#39;&#39; vertical speed?

and let&#39;s not forget Johnson is also over the middle possession NFL material.

. [/b][/quote]
    Mad, you ninny, Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 AND Steve Young had a great arm. I just don&#39;t see Chad whipping the rock downfield on any 60 yard fly-patterns.

And where do you see anything that would make you think that AJ is an "over the middle" receiver? He made his living running fly patterns and 15 yard in-cuts at Miami, not 5 yard slants.

Also, I know that Chad hooked up with Randy Moss deep alot in college, but that was against CB&#39;s and Safeties who are tax accountants now. I like Johnson alot, I just was asking if he&#39;d fit the WCO with Chad at the helm. [/b][/quote]
    This ninny seems to recall Steve Young&#39;s arm strength not being the issue Montana&#39;s was, but hardly among the rockets of the league.

Johnson is considered to be a combination of, as said somewhere here, a Keyshawn Johnson tough, fight for separation and for possession, not afraid to block, gutsy type "just get me the damn ball" receiver AND a pure, exceptional speed receiver.

I try not to rely on any written reports of player value, tho I read as many as I can. I am a big draft "nut" but never comment on the qualities of players I have never see play.

I did not see Johnson play AT ALL last season, having been overseas for the entire college season. (the reason why I have enjoyed the draft threads here but not participated this year is because I don&#39;t feel "qualified", sic, to do so...some players like Henderson, Bailey, Jeftwich, etc, I know ftom 2001, but many others I have no clear recollection of in individual games)

But I did see AJin 2001 and in the Championship Game, against Okla.. oops&#33; Nebraska. And I think he is phenomenal.

I am just a fan, like everyone else here, but I believe AJ to be an exceptional talent.

This ninny wants him to be a Jet, come hell or high water&#33; :-)

TomShane
    [b] 1.) First of all, you guys are all a bunch of dorks
    [/b][/quote]
    AHHHH High school flashback&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Smizzy[/i]@Apr 21 2003, 02:49 PM
    [b] Hey MadAsHell i love reading you post&#39;s,the are always a good read and your as smart a football as any man here&#33;But evertime i look at that tool morton i wanna beat my monitor in.Everyday you drive me a little more crazy with a new pic of him.I cant wait till saturday so you can change it forever :D [/b][/quote]
    that reminds me, time for a tool change...

later

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps this is a rality...remember that Mooch like Chrebet...and he would be dependable hands for Harrington. Maybe it shapes up like this:

Jets get: #2 overall, Shaun Rogers, Detroit&#39;s 4th rounder

Lions get: #13, #23, Ferguson,and Chrebet.

Then we go after some of the June 1st cuts (Russel?)

D Line Rotation: DT Rogers, Evans, Russell DE: Abraham, Ellis, Thomas

We draft a WR with the # 2 overall, I am partial to Rogers.

Purely speculation, but I believe it works out for both teams.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    TINSTAR, Kennedy will be the better PRO then Robertson&#33; I have seen him play many times. I even think that EASON will be better&#33;

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We can&#39;t trade Chrebet he just resigned last year. The cap hit would be too large.

[b] 1.) First of all, you guys are all a bunch of dorks. You sound like you&#39;re chronicling the end of the world. But how much better am I? Not much.

dc [/b][/quote]
    High School? That&#39;s A junior High Flashback&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;LOL&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Kentucky Jet[/i]@Apr 21 2003, 03:01 PM
    [b] TINSTAR, Kennedy will be the better PRO then Robertson&#33; I have seen him play many times. I even think that EASON will be better&#33; [/b][/quote]
    hey Kentucky we should come up with some sort of bet - not money, but sign lines or something - not only do i think Robertson will be a MUCH BETTER pro than Kennedy - JK could be a bust when its all said and done. At best he will be a Russell Maryland, plug the hole type of player, good, but not among the league&#39;s best.

Remember this three years from now - i know you have seen DeWayne play a number of times but damn the guy is 21&#33; in 5 years he could very well be the next John Randle.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coles, pick 13 ,22 and a player to be named for a wide receiver?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    In one swoop we can pick up Charles Rogers, Shawn Rogers and Charlie Rogers. WOOT&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just my two cents:

If this comes to fruition, the Jets will take Andre Johnson. It&#39;s their method of operation. I can&#39;t see them making a blockbuster trade for a DT (Shaun Rogers) and then use the #2 pick for another DT. They&#39;re thinking that they can kill two birds with one stone-

Get that elusive blue chip WR and blue chip DT that has slipped their grasp for two years, now.

I would prefer they drafted Robertson, though. Only one reason-

He&#39;ll participate in more plays than Andre Johnson, will. His impact will be more substantial. JMO. Plus, if the Lions throw in their #2, I bet the Jets can get a quality WR at that spot.

The whole thing sounds crazy, anyway.

There are 2 stories 1.) Jets would get second overall pick for our #13 & #22 & 5th rounder. 2.) Jets would get Rogers in exchange for 1 #1 pick and the lions would keep the 2nd overall pick. Anyone know the truth?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane[/i]@Apr 21 2003, 02:14 PM
    [b] Another thing~ Does Chad have the arm strength to take advantage of Andre&#39;s vertical game anyway? [/b][/quote]
    Considering Dorsey has one of the weakest arms of NFL prospects and Johnson averaged 20 yds a catch from him, I don&#39;t see this as a concern.