Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From Bradways comments

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Calico ans Washington could probably be there in the 7th round and he won't take them. Jackass

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    it is annoying...we dont have a go to guy.

Curtis Conway is not a number one reciever at this point in his career.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Matt39[/i]@Apr 26 2003, 11:00 PM
    [b] it is annoying...we dont have a go to guy.

Curtis Conway is not a number one reciever at this point in his career. [/b][/quote]
    Yes he is. Ask aec4.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i guess Bradway feels comfortable with Kevin Swayne and Phil McGeoghan as #4 WR's lol

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Terry jumped the gun. He seemed a little nervous talking to Sal about the run on LB's.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We got screwed when Chaun Thomspon was picked before us. That's who we were targetting. Lets think about th epick for a second. Mo Lewis is probably DONE after this year. So we have a guy coming in this year at is AT LEAST servicable. And can learn the system and step in next year. I see this guy to turn out like Mc Graw this year. I have faith

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH+Apr 26 2003, 08:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PFSIKH @ Apr 26 2003, 08:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Matt39[/i]@Apr 26 2003, 11:00 PM
    [b] it is annoying...we dont have a go to guy.

Curtis Conway is not a number one reciever at this point in his career. [/b][/quote]
    Yes he is. Ask aec4. [/b][/quote]
    He was just last year... and with a below avg QB with a weaker arm than ours he was having a good season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by aec4[/i]@Apr 26 2003, 11:08 PM
    [b] He was just last year... and with a below avg QB with a weaker arm than ours he was having a good season. [/b][/quote]
    Ohh, so the second year QB was to blame for his average stats.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Pfsikh.

Don&#39;t you have your own site?. If I was you I would be hanging out on your own site crying with the rest of the Patsie fans about how you really BLEW it on your first pick (Kennedy). I am sure you were not so in love with Coles last year. I think we will all wait and see how he plays after his big payday. The guy plays with a chip on his shoulder and that chip will soon be gone when all the money rolls in. Conway may not be the answer but he is definetely a good stop gap.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by IWANTBOSS[/i]@Apr 26 2003, 07:32 PM
    [b] Hey Pfsikh.

Don&#39;t you have your own site?. If I was you I would be hanging out on your own site crying with the rest of the Patsie fans about how you really BLEW it on your first pick (Kennedy). I am sure you were not so in love with Coles last year. I think we will all wait and see how he plays after his big payday. The guy plays with a chip on his shoulder and that chip will soon be gone when all the money rolls in. Conway may not be the answer but he is definetely a good stop gap. [/b][/quote]
    first of all, Ty Warren went to the Pats

second, i want Boss too lol

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PhillyJetsPhanatic[/i]@Apr 26 2003, 07:08 PM
    [b] We got screwed when Chaun Thomspon was picked before us. That&#39;s who we were targetting. Lets think about th epick for a second. Mo Lewis is probably DONE after this year. So we have a guy coming in this year at is AT LEAST servicable. And can learn the system and step in next year. I see this guy to turn out like Mc Graw this year. I have faith [/b][/quote]
    Dude, we did not get screwed. Bradway traded the 22nd pick that could have been dealt for another second rounder or third ronder. Hell, he could have taken Barnett with the 22nd and got Warren at 13.

Sorry but I would have preferred Warren or even Joseph at 13 and Barnett at 22 then Washington or Calico in the second round.

Oh well&#33;&#33;&#33; Great job Jerry Bradway. Robertson better be all world come the season and nothing less than that would be acceptible for what Bradway gave up and we will have to depend on Tuna&#39;s guys.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know they got ty but they should have traded up to get Kennedy, a huge mistake

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH+Apr 26 2003, 08:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PFSIKH @ Apr 26 2003, 08:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--aec4[/i]@Apr 26 2003, 11:08 PM
    [b] He was just last year... and with a below avg QB with a weaker arm than ours he was having a good season. [/b][/quote]
    Ohh, so the second year QB was to blame for his average stats. [/b][/quote]
    Better average than Coles along with 89 catches pro-rated if he played the entire season. Injuries my be a concern.. but talent is not.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still no No.1 or No.2 receiver.

No biggy. In case the passing game gets boring, we can always use Vinny and the other team&#39;s DB receivers again...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Armchair quarterbacks... you guys are the best.

Do you guys really have any clue whether or not the choices YOU would have made would result in a better football team than the choices Bradway and Herm made?

Give the men a break. If you don&#39;t like the choices, don&#39;t go to the games. If they refuse to burn an early pick on a big WR, than so be it. Perhaps another will come available after the June 1st cuts. Perhaps they have the makes on for one already. Wasn&#39;t it just last year all of you *****ed and moaned about the lcorners we didn&#39;t draft...? And what happened the Monday after the draft? Enter Donnie Abraham out of Herm&#39;s back pocket&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Is something like that up this year? Who knows? Time will tell.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Fumes[/i]@Apr 26 2003, 07:57 PM
    [b] Armchair quarterbacks... you guys are the best.

Do you guys really have any clue whether or not the choices YOU would have made would result in a better football team than the choices Bradway and Herm made?

Give the men a break. If you don&#39;t like the choices, don&#39;t go to the games. If they refuse to burn an early pick on a big WR, than so be it. Perhaps another will come available after the June 1st cuts. Perhaps they have the makes on for one already. Wasn&#39;t it just last year all of you *****ed and moaned about the lcorners we didn&#39;t draft...? And what happened the Monday after the draft? Enter Donnie Abraham out of Herm&#39;s back pocket&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Is something like that up this year? Who knows? Time will tell. [/b][/quote]
    Well fumes maybe if we drafted a LB that we heard of before that runs faster than Kevin Mawae we would not be *****ing. When you tell people we need speed line backers Ala Derrick Brooks and you draft a 4.8 nobody it pisses people off. Like Bryan Thomaslast year. Are you happy with that pick too. If you draft a known commodity and he&#39;s a bust people won&#39;t be pissed because he is a star or atleast a known player. :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jayrad01[/i]@Apr 26 2003, 08:05 PM
    [b]
    Well fumes maybe if we drafted a LB that we heard of before that runs faster than Kevin Mawae we would not be *****ing. When you tell people we need speed line backers Ala Derrick Brooks and you draft a 4.8 nobody it pisses people off. Like Bryan Thomaslast year. Are you happy with that pick too. If you draft a known commodity and he&#39;s a bust people won&#39;t be pissed because he is a star or atleast a known player. :&#60;&#33;--emo&Angry:--&#62;[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]&#60;&#33;--endemo--&#62; [/b][/quote]
    Good Point&#33;&#33;&#33;

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This just proves how littel you know about college football and the players in the draft. Hobson was one of the best linebackers in college football last year...he&#39;s a beast. If you want to go by numbers why don&#39;t we just draft Carl Lewis as our #1 wide receiver and the fattest man in the Guiness Book of World records to be our guard.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why not sign WR Marcus Robinson to push Santana and Compete with Conway & Chrebet for playing time.

It wouldn&#39;t hurt at all, and he could sign a 1 year contract for the VETS minimum.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jayrad01+Apr 26 2003, 08:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jayrad01 @ Apr 26 2003, 08:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jet Fumes[/i]@Apr 26 2003, 07:57 PM
    [b] Armchair quarterbacks... you guys are the best.

Is something like that up this year? Who knows? Time will tell. [/b][/quote]
    Well fumes maybe if we drafted a LB that we heard of before that runs faster than Kevin Mawae we would not be *****ing. When you tell people we need speed line backers Ala Derrick Brooks and you draft a 4.8 nobody it pisses people off. Like Bryan Thomaslast year. Are you happy with that pick too. If you draft a known commodity and he&#39;s a bust people won&#39;t be pissed because he is a star or atleast a known player. :&#60;&#33;--emo&Angry:--&#62;[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]&#60;&#33;--endemo--&#62; [/b][/quote]
    Hobson ran 4.6 at Michigan.

Bottom line: Trust the team&#39;s scouts, not the numbers or the mock drafts.

Prediction: Jets D-Line has an awesome year, including Bryan Thomas. Jets linebackers are reborn with the newfound D-Line surge.