Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From Bradways comments

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rbstern, Fumes.

You guys make sense. i for one will not pretend that a little internet research dons me the God of the NFL draft. Let the men do their thing.. It will work out, we have been progressing every year.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    An all Big Ten Michigan nobody. come on. dont' expose your ignorance like that. Now I think the Jets reached to pick Hobson and Askew. I had us picking Askew but in the 5th, and I'm wondering if Hobson plays Middle or Strong as he did in college and the papers have already projected him.

What about a guy like Mike Nattiel who may have been available later and could play the weak, moving Cowart over to the middle in year.

I think the Jets must have something in the works for one more WR in FA. But I don't really care. Getting Robertson could turn a solid D (at the end of 2002) into a stiffling one. I truly believe that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jetstrike[/i]@Apr 26 2003, 09:39 PM
    [b] An all Big Ten Michigan nobody. come on. dont' expose your ignorance like that. Now I think the Jets reached to pick Hobson and Askew. I had us picking Askew but in the 5th, and I'm wondering if Hobson plays Middle or Strong as he did in college and the papers have already projected him.

What about a guy like Mike Nattiel who may have been available later and could play the weak, moving Cowart over to the middle in year.

I think the Jets must have something in the works for one more WR in FA. But I don't really care. Getting Robertson could turn a solid D (at the end of 2002) into a stiffling one. I truly believe that. [/b][/quote]
    Jetstrike...
    What the hell is your point? You don't like Michigan? No good players come from there? Are you arguing that the FO makes poor picks or good ones? I think Evans and Robertson will be great together. Cowart, not to shabby. Now tell me why Nattiel would make us so much better. Leave it to the pro's. I am sure they know more about the circumstances than we ever will.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The next time a 40 time-running in a straight line without anyone else near you-actually causes someone to make a tackle will be a first. It's just a check to see if a guy is so slow that he couldn't play in the speed the NFL game gets played at. Hobson's fast enough, and I don't suppose the opportunity to run a 40-yard dash will come up during a game. Relax, wait and see if Hobson is a football player and worry a whole lot less about whether he's good at some mariginally-relevant measuring yardstick .

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    An all Big Ten Michigan nobody. come on. dont' expose your ignorance like that. Now I think the Jets reached to pick Hobson and Askew. I had us picking Askew but in the 5th, and I'm wondering if Hobson plays Middle or Strong as he did in college and the papers have already projected him.

I think the Jets must have something in the works for one more WR in FA. But I don't really care. Getting Robertson could turn a solid D (at the end of 2002) into a stiffling one. I truly believe that.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey chill, I like the pick. I love Michigan. I was making fun of the guy who said Hobson was a no name. The guy was on TV every Saturday for how many years now. The only reason I brought up Nattiel was that if the jets had not taken Hobson in the 2nd we would have had some options later. that's all. And I sent in a piost a month ago about us picking Aksew in the th. I think He can replace Anderson perfectly. The picks are quality but that the FO panicked when all the Backers started going. Hobson should step in for Lewis in a year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think Hobson is a stretch at all. Anyone who is defensive captain at a major college program like that and leads the team in tackles for the last 2 years can play for me any day!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many of you seen C.Thompson play????? none of you did,you all worked up over a scouting report.
    Have any of you seen Hobson play?If you have you know he has good size and is quick,he hits like a ton of bricks andis a serious blitzing threat and a great tackler.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jetstrike[/i]@Apr 27 2003, 01:26 AM
    [b] Now I think the Jets reached to pick Hobson and Askew

Getting Robertson could turn a solid D (at the end of 2002) into a stiffling one. I truly believe that. [/b][/quote]
    Jetstrike I wanted the Jets to take Teyo Johnson in the 2nd. And it was pretty clear that Hackett, Edwards and Bradway thought highly of him so as to leak story to the press that they had intentions of drafting him. But reason won out in the end.

Two thirds of the Geriatric Crowd we have at LB need to be replaced by the start of next year. If we did not start to address this matter now we will have a very big mess on our hands. While Hobsons all-out speed does not rank among the top LBs this liability is far from a show stopper as the MLB is pulled in Nickel Situations. Hobson in every other respect ranks among the top LBs. He hits hard, recognizes plays well, is an effective blitzer, wraps up solid on his tackles and most importantly has strong leadership skills. This looks like a very solid pick. The only shame was it couldn't be made in the third round. It was pretty clear that Bradway saw the pack making a run on LBs and struck while he still felt he had a chance. It was pointed out that Hobson has never had anyone like the caliber of Dwayne Robertson playing in front of him.

So it looks like Bradway has really firmed up the middle of the Defense nicely today

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    our defense just got alot tougher to run on today.