Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Askew

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by rhyan66@Apr 26 2003, 08:24 PM
    A what point do we address STARTING revceivers?
    try curtis conway

Practice Squad
    great expect 20 screen passes a game now. Can we get a guy to throw to down the field?

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham@Apr 26 2003, 08:27 PM
    All I know is ... this player better be friggin John Riggins!!

Cause I am NOT an advocate of drafting a FBI this high ... ESPECIALLY when you have other needs and NO 4TH ROUND PICK!!
    I couldn't agree more ?
    we can't afford a luxury pick in the 3rd without a fourth....NEEDING a big WR,CB,AOL,LB etc etc.
    sheesh...

this was stupid.

Interesting pick...Obviously in spite of re-signing Sowell, Herm & Bradway are not sold on his abilities, especially pass catching.Nor do they believe in their ability to convert L.Jordan into an "NFL-type" fullback. (This I disagree with).We'll see.

Banned
    Originally posted by DaJets+Apr 26 2003, 08:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DaJets @ Apr 26 2003, 08:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--afosomf@Apr 27 2003, 12:27 AM
    A terrible pick

bradway grade just dropped to a C
    It must be a great pick if Negative Nancy here doen&#39;t like it... [/b][/quote]
    I have nothing against the player ... I KNOW he&#39;s a good football player.

But I disagree with drafting a FB in this spot (ANY FB&#33;&#33, when we have FAR MORE PRESSING NEEDS ... and no 4th RD Pick

Sorry, this pick needed to be a WR ... OG ... CB ... SS ... or even another LB

BUT NOT A FULLBACK&#33;&#33;

All League
    This is the a very questionable pick...

The loss of the 4th rounder seems to have forced Bradway&#39;s hand. I&#39;m not worried about OL help because TB seems to do a good job getting line help late in the draft.

HOWEVER, the FO is truly thinks that the Conway/Coles switch is adequate. I beg to differ. Justin Gage was a big receiver that could run the crossing patterns that&#39;s crucial in our system......"Every West Coast Offense Needs A Big Receiver".

This type of pick is a result of the bad job that TB did in retaining our players this offseason. We&#39;re now asking Conway & Askew to make up for the production we lost in Anderson & Coles. And we&#39;ve yet to solve the special team situation.

No matter how anyone wants to spin things, this guy has done a horrible job this offseason. Hopefully D. Robertson saves our a&#036;&#036;

Waterboy
    Originally posted by rhyan66+Apr 26 2003, 08:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rhyan66 @ Apr 26 2003, 08:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--rbstern@Apr 26 2003, 10:23 PM
    This is a good pick. He&#39;s a good backup for Sowell. Not quite FB, not quite HB. This was a need pick.
    A what point do we address STARTING revceivers? [/b][/quote]
    Not in this draft. In case you haven&#39;t seen, we already have 3.

Veteran
    Originally posted by BGJetfan86@Apr 26 2003, 08:32 PM
    great expect 20 screen passes a game now. Can we get a guy to throw to down the field?
    dude he goes down field . In fact a hell of alot more then coles ever did. Take a look at his stats

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by TerryBadway@Apr 26 2003, 08:38 PM
    This is the a very questionable pick...

The loss of the 4th rounder seems to have forced Bradway&#39;s hand. I&#39;m not worried about OL help because TB seems to do a good job getting line help late in the draft.

HOWEVER, the FO is truly thinks that the Conway/Coles switch is adequate. I beg to differ. Justin Gage was a big receiver that could run the crossing patterns that&#39;s crucial in our system......"Every West Coast Offense Needs A Big Receiver".

This type of pick is a result of the bad job that TB did in retaining our players this offseason. We&#39;re now asking Conway & Askew to make up for the production we lost in Anderson & Coles. And we&#39;ve yet to solve the special team situation.

No matter how anyone wants to spin things, this guy has done a horrible job this offseason. Hopefully D. Robertson saves our a&#036;&#036;
    ......"Every West Coast Offense Needs A Big Receiver".

and your idea of a big receiver was coles??? rather than conway???

.....We&#39;re now asking Conway & Askew to make up for the production we lost in Anderson & Coles.

I thought Sowell took richie&#39;s spot???

and what is the "off-season" is that over yet??? oh, ok...let the "offseason" end first, then grade him

Practice Squad
    yeah i&#39;m just blowing off steam. I think we reached on the FB. I like Conway I just wanted a tall fast guy to go over the middle to back up Conway in case he gets hurt. Hopefully tommorow TB gets one plus grabs a CB like Weathersby or Ivan Taylor. If he can do that then i&#39;ll be happy. I hope this FB is as good as that pick warrants. At first I was upset with the Hobson pick but the more I think about it if he can come in and replace M Jones next year and do well, he&#39;ll be a good draft pick. Also I heard he&#39;s good against the run and shedding blocks.

All League
    ......"Every West Coast Offense Needs A Big Receiver".

and your idea of a big receiver was coles??? rather than conway???

.....We&#39;re now asking Conway & Askew to make up for the production we lost in Anderson & Coles.

and what is the "off-season" is that over yet??? oh, ok...let the "offseason" end first, then grade him
    We actually needed another big receiver while we had Coles, that&#39;s why a lot of people questioned giving Chrebet the big money. Also, there&#39;s a reason why Matthew Hatchette & Kevin Swayne were on our roster the last 2 years. They just were&#39;nt talented enough to fill that role as our "Big Receiver".

If you think i&#39;m wrong on that subject, take a look at the receivers on the succesful teams that had the west coast. My examples would be the 49er&#39;s of the 80&#39;s (John Taylor-Jerry Rice) and Green Bay from the mid 90&#39;s (Robert Brooks-Antonio Freeman-Bill Schredor).............You can also look at the Oakland offense that&#39;s kicked our butts the past two playoffs (Rice-Brown-Porter).

Now, If you think Sowell is the answer, why the heck did we invest a 3rd rounder on Askew????

I say Bradway has had a bad offseason because HE HAS. You guys can try to spin things anywhichway, but we are not better today than we were in January

Practice Squad
    You&#39;re absolutely correct an untested rookie 3rd round pick from a bad college team is 6,847 times better than Curtis Conway an NFL veteran who was a #1 wide receiver on the Chargers.

All League
    You&#39;re absolutely correct an untested rookie 3rd round pick from a bad college team is 6,847 times better than Curtis Conway an NFL veteran who was a #1 wide receiver on the Chargers.
    Dude, dice my comments up all you want if it makes you feel better. I never said any receiver we could&#39;ve drafted at #85 would&#39;ve been better than Conway.

However, if someone else tries to tell me that Conway is better than Coles (ON 4/26/03 and beyond) i&#39;ll give them a referral for a great shrink.

All League
    wait terry didnt you know... your not allowed to question and be realistic on this board without people accusing you of being a crybaby and a bad fan?

All League
    Originally posted by JetsGodfather@Apr 26 2003, 08:24 PM
    Askew started off as a TB at Michigan and then switched to FB this year. From what I saw he has outstanding receiving skills and was an integral part of Michigan&#39;s offense. He will take over Richie&#39;s role and might push Sowell for the starting FB job. I like the pick&#33;
    I watched the draft with folks who follow Michigan football who seconded this. Moved from TB to FB. He&#39;s not a great blocker but has soft hands. Bradway has been saying all along guys would be chosen expecting to come in and help on ST - You have to think that Mike Westhoff had some input then.

Ditto: BJ is versatile and could push Jerald.

BTW, We drafted a ROB, a HOB, and if you don&#39;t like the Askew pick a B JOB.

All League
    wait terry didnt you know... your not allowed to question and be realistic on this board without people accusing you of being a crybaby and a bad fan?
    lol....thanks for the support Matt

All League
    anytime dude...people need to know that its normal to be frustrated or pissed with a team.