Thread: would you guys do this trade?

trade both 5th rders for a 4th rder

Talman Gardner or Montrae Holland.....or Rien Long

Hall Of Fame
    No one will make that trade for the Jets. You're talking about trading two roster filler picks for one roster filler pick. At this point, the scouting guys take over. Teams would jump on such an offer, and there's no any the Jets or any team would make it at this point in the draft.

[quote][i]Originally posted by -inVINCEible-[/i]@Apr 26 2003, 08:41 PM
    [b] trade both 5th rders for a 4th rder

Talman Gardner or Montrae Holland.....or Rien Long [/b][/quote]
    We don't need Long all that badly. I would trade our remaining picks for Holland or Gardener at this point. Hell, I would even throw in our new FB.

Veteran
    I would take the trade ,but TB would draft someone else with the pick. Probably a kicker

Truly, after the 2nd round of the draft, the crapshoot just gets more and more riskier.

So, at the point of round 4 or round 5, unless you are in love with a certain player, you keep your 2 picks.

After all, 2 rolls of the dice are better than 1.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I have seen teams on the second day of the draft trade a future pick (as high as a rd 3) to move up on the 2nd day. Soi teams DO make valuable trade picks on day 2.

Me-With the success Bradway has had in later rounds with the Jets, I want him to keep all the picks he has.

And for people that criticize the 2nd and 3rd rounders, you should wait till the second day is complete. I still can't believe that people here still wanted Kelly Washington. Ughhh-If his fall yesterday didn't tell you everything you need top know, well then you aren't paying attention

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by -inVINCEible-[/i]@Apr 26 2003, 08:41 PM
    [b] trade both 5th rders for a 4th rder

Talman Gardner or Montrae Holland.....or Rien Long [/b][/quote]
    I thought Holland should have been the pick in the 3rd.When they started showing clips of Calico,I was in tears.Oh well,at least they believe Hobson can take over for Slow Lewis

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jayrad01[/i]@Apr 26 2003, 08:50 PM
    [b] I would take the trade ,but TB would draft someone else with the pick. Probably a kicker [/b][/quote]
    Don't be surprised if we draft a kicker today, I think it's a strong possibility.

ARodKeyWestJetsFan B)

Rookie
    definitely would not make that trade. I think there will be enough available in the 5th round to get two quality picks verus the one in the 4th. If all goes well, one of those picks would be Mr Klecko!