Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Its hard to have a Pass/Rush attack...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Without an offensive Line.

This years O' is really starting to concern me. While we do have some top notch O-linemen, the unit is not the best. If you don't agree, rewatch the Raiders playoff game. They got pushed back for the whole game, and unless something big happens, the same is going to happen again this year. We have an awesome Quaterback, but I am afraid he might get a serious injury if we cannot protect him better. To all those who wish for a WR, we have to put off something this year, we simply cannot fullfill EVERY need. Conway will have to do, it will have to wait. The move not to Draft an O-Lineman in the Third round stung me.... I just don't see the logic.

In the NFL if you can buy your QB just a few more extra seconds - it usually spells success. Peronally, it disturbs me how O-Linemen never get the respect that they deserve. They are the core of the team. Really, the whole game depends on how well they do. You can take an average QB and make him look like a Superstar if he is very well protected up front.

QBs, RBs and WRs can only do so much. Martin needs holes to run through, Chad needs time and if he gets it, the WRs will do the rest. I can only hope that tomorrow brings some good OL talent.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    enter....Mo Collins

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [quote][i]Originally posted by GoBigGreen[/i]@Apr 26 2003, 09:42 PM
    [b] Without an offensive Line.

This years O' is really starting to concern me. While we do have some top notch O-linemen, the unit is not the best. If you don't agree, rewatch the Raiders playoff game. They got pushed back for the whole game, and unless something big happens, the same is going to happen again this year. We have an awesome Quaterback, but I am afraid he might get a serious injury if we cannot protect him better. To all those who wish for a WR, we have to put off something this year, we simply cannot fullfill EVERY need. Conway will have to do, it will have to wait. The move not to Draft an O-Lineman in the Third round stung me.... I just don't see the logic.

In the NFL if you can buy your QB just a few more extra seconds - it usually spells success. Peronally, it disturbs me how O-Linemen never get the respect that they deserve. They are the core of the team. Really, the whole game depends on how well they do. You can take an average QB and make him look like a Superstar if he is very well protected up front.

QBs, RBs and WRs can only do so much. Martin needs holes to run through, Chad needs time and if he gets it, the WRs will do the rest. I can only hope that tomorrow brings some good OL talent. [/b][/quote]
    Not sure how you come up with this analysis. Jets have one of the best centers in football. The tackles are much better than average. The guards are better than average. Anthony Becht has his issues, but he is a very good blocking TE.

They need more depth on the line, particularly at tackle, but this is a very serviceable line, certainly not a weak link.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    They might address that after 6/1. What's the guys name from the Raiders? I forget. We may pick him up. As for now I think were OK. Makenzie and Fabini are good tackles. Nutten and Szott are good run blocking Guards and are pretty good in pass protection. The Hayes kid that is in NFLE is supposed to be a very good T backup. And I believe that Goodwin gonna be real good. I saw him play for Michigan. He looked good. I think we might just have to pick up another Guard in free agency then were set.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    True, as I said, there are some top notch players on the line. Who have been top notch players in the past. But they are in no way a Championship Calibur unit. Plus, Kevin and Dave aren't exactly in their "youth" anymore.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, but I think it's more important that the Offense just be able to STAY on the field longer this year. A worn out Defence can't do jack no matter how good they are.

If we get the people who can just convert 3rd downs consistently, we're in good shape.