Thread: Giants Picks

Practice Squad
    I am curious about everyones thought about our crostown rivals

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Who cares?? <_<

I&#39;ve never heard of 2 of the 3 guys so I will reserve judgement for a later date.

I think that the Giants want everyone to say that they have the greatest depth at tight-end in the NFL.

After Shockey, why choose another tight end in the early rounds?

But you know what, "Who cares?"

Hall Of Fame
    Who ever they are, their scores on the Giants&#39; IQ test made Accorsi and his hairpiece happy. And Fassel&#39;s probably face down in a pool of his own tears and booze at the tittie bar on Route 17 for all the input he got in those picks.

This is the most dysfunctional front office in the NFL-a really good coach and an idiot GM who has curried favor with the media to cover eff ups like Ron Dayne. Being a former sportswriter makes Accorsi bulletproof to the supposedly-tough New York media.

Jim-after you get Ernie and the boys in his draft room some coffee, make chicken salad out of the chickesh&#33;t we picked this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Well, they did not want to settle for Joseph, for sure. Accorsi looked like death warmed over. They wanted to move up and could not.

That Osi Yumeniyoura (sic) - I know nothing about him, except he is probably best suited to a situational pass rusher, - they must see something in him - but evidently Fassel doesn&#39;t know much about him either. He said he was from Nicaragua, and someone here yesterday said he was from Nigeria.

Close, Jim, close.

Shiancoe seems a mystery. I guess he was picked to push the guy who is supposed to push Shockey.

A silly day for Big Blue.

All League
    I think the Giants actually did surprisingly well.

Joseph slipped quite a bit and he will be a heck of a lot better than Kenny Petersen. Because your D-Line is so weak he will be come a starter pretty quickly if not the first game of the season. Grade B

The DE Umenyiora&#39;s name got mentioned here a few times. He&#39;s a raw talent that has been playing football for only 2 years. He has tremendous potential but can&#39;t be rushed. If Fassel resist the temptation to throw him to the wolves he will be a very good defensive lineman. Grade B-

Vishante Shiancoe TE What the hell were the Giants thinking when they chose this guy? They have a ton of needs on offense but TE is the one position where they have an All-Pro Sensation. So they draft another one ? This guy is not a sensation and will require a lot of work. Heck even if it didn&#39;t provide the Giants with a meaningful player they should have chose Chris Simms. who was still available when they picked. He would have at least given the fans something to talk about Grade F

William Joseph was a steal. I can&#39;t believe that he dropped so far.

The other two guys look like good players that went too high. Jabba really likes that TE but I don&#39;t think he would agree with the pick in round three either.

I would give the Giants a C.

I&#39;ve got to agree with Bugg here: The Giants did an awful job. If I were Giants fan, I&#39;d be fuming over this sorry effort put forth today. Like Bugg said, however, Accorsi and Fassel are so good with the media, that very little will be said in a negative way.

Part 1: Players the selected: Joseph was a decent pick, but after that :rolleyes: ......You know, boom/ busts type workout warriors generally become busts. Giants could find that out soon.

Part 2: Players they didn&#39;t take: Where was a WR today? Are they really counting on Hilliard and Carter to be 100%? Will Ron Dixon put down the phone and videos game before 4:00 am, so he can get up before practice starts from time to time? Why not a safety in the first 3 rounds? Omar Stoutmire? Gotta be joking&#33;......Why another TE? I know they go to 2 TE&#39;s a lot, but why a spare part so soon?.....Oh yea, didn&#39;t the Giants lose two starters on a O-line that had zero depth to begin with? :huh:

TomShane
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Riggins44[/i]@Apr 27 2003, 01:20 AM
    [b] I&#39;ve got to agree with Bugg here: The Giants did an awful job. If I were Giants fan, I&#39;d be fuming over this sorry effort put forth today. Like Bugg said, however, Accorsi and Fassel are so good with the media, that very little will be said in a negative way.

Part 1: Players the selected: Joseph was a decent pick, but after that :rolleyes: ......You know, boom/ busts type workout warriors generally become busts. Giants could find that out soon.

Part 2: Players they didn&#39;t take: Where was a WR today? Are they really counting on Hilliard and Carter to be 100%? Will Ron Dixon put down the phone and videos game before 4:00 am, so he can get up before practice starts from time to time? Why not a safety in the first 3 rounds? Omar Stoutmire? Gotta be joking&#33;......Why another TE? I know they go to 2 TE&#39;s a lot, but why a spare part so soon?.....Oh yea, didn&#39;t the Giants lose two starters on a O-line that had zero depth to begin with? :huh: [/b][/quote]
    Definitely Rigs. The Giants lost the right side of their OL and totally ignored the obvious need. Accorsi is on record as saying that he&#39;d never draft an OL on the first day- that you can find those guys on Day 2 and in FA. I&#39;d like to know what Fassel thinks of that ideology. Again, the Giants will go into next season with huge holes to fill, and Jim Fassel will eventually take the fall for Accorsi&#39;s gross mismanagement.

TS, I suppose you can&#39;t totally blame Accorsi, cause players like Rosenthal and the others were all day 2 picks, or day 3 signings. However, just because they got lucky last season, doesn&#39;t mean they will get lucky again. They had to address that O-line.

Where&#39;s G-Man? I haven&#39;t seen on this new board, but that Stoutmire character stinks. At best he&#39;s a backup. Why not a safety? Perhaps Mike Doss?

Also, what about the WR&#39;s. Hilliard has jerked that team around left and right, yet he still remains :o .......Last season, down the stretch, they were taking scrubs and has-beens off the street to play and start at WR.

Man, you chase these boom/busts types to much, you get burned......Giants need to play it safer tommorow and come up with some more proven players.

there were Giant fans who didnt even know who William Joseph was and when they heard he was from miami they were happy <_< <_<

I loved every player the Giants drafted ... and I drafted two of them for the Jets in the mock draft. (Umenyiora & Shiancoe)

Ernie Accorsi clearly understands how to use the NFL Draft.

Maybe he can offer our geniuses some tips?

=============================================

And please, this has nothing to do with selecting Robertson at #4 ..... my 5 year old neice could have made that pick.

The good GM&#39;s make the wise picks in the mid-to-late rounds .... and that all starts with NOT reaching for a FB in the 3rd RD

[quote][i]Originally posted by Smizzy[/i]@Apr 27 2003, 01:49 AM
    [b] there were Giant fans who didnt even know who William Joseph was and when they heard he was from miami they were happy <_< <_< [/b][/quote]
    I forgot the Giants drafted WJ ... I picked him in my mock draft as well. :D

Basically, the Giants are stealing my mock draft ... the one I had for the JETS

But I sure as heck will take Robertson over WJ ... in a New York Minute

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Smizzy[/i]@Apr 27 2003, 01:49 AM
    [b] there were Giant fans who didnt even know who William Joseph was and when they heard he was from miami they were happy <_< <_< [/b][/quote]
    [b][color=red]Giant devotees write <span style='color:blue'>their fan mail <span style='color:purple'>in Crayola Crayon[/color]</span></span>[/b]

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chillster[/i]@Apr 26 2003, 11:33 PM
    [b] I am curious about everyones thought about our crostown rivals [/b][/quote]
    [color=blue][SIZE=2][font=Times][b]AT THIS TIME 1ST PICK IS A - THE REST WAIT 3 YEARS TO FIND OUT [/b][/font][/color][/SIZE]