Thread: Did Terry think it was DAY 2 instead of ROUND 2?

TomShane
    Hobson, when Manuwai and Wayne Hunter were on the board, Calico and Washington?

BJ Askew? wtf?

If not for the Robertson pick, I'd be calling for his head.

Rookie
    I hear you, Askew? :blink: <_<
    Still scratchin&#39; my head on this one.

This pick was one of the stupidest picks in the history of the franchise.

But hey, now Bradway is in good company.

PS. The only way he could have spit the bit any worse in the 3rd RD, would have been to select a BACK-UP LONG SNAPPER

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane[/i]@Apr 26 2003, 10:34 PM
    [b] Hobson, when Manuwai and Wayne Hunter were on the board, Calico and Washington?

BJ Askew? wtf?

If not for the Robertson pick, I&#39;d be calling for his head. [/b][/quote]
    Good grief. Barely 50% of first round picks make it in the NFL, and we have fans here making comments on the validity of 2nd and 3rd picks. Again, good grief.

All of you must be Mets Fans....

All Mets fans do is complain about how bad there Manager and GM are, and pray the yankees loose.

All Jets fans do is complain about the Head Coach and GM, and pray the Giants and Patriots loose.

BTW: All Herm and Terry have done since they got here is rebuild the team and make the playoffs 2 years in a row.

What other combination made the playoffs the first 2 season as HC and GM for the Jets?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane[/i]@Apr 26 2003, 10:34 PM
    [b] Hobson, when Manuwai and Wayne Hunter were on the board, Calico and Washington?

BJ Askew? wtf?

You know I really hate to say this but you knuckleheads are validating everything people say about Jets Fans. They may not be the best known players in college ball but they are filling needs our team has.
    From what I&#39;ve read of these guys they sound like decent players that can be molded. Enough of all the b- tching already. I know you guy have seen the commercial on ESPN that says" One things for certain Jets fans will hate their draft picks." I hope you guys like that commercial because you are the cause of it. I for one think it sucks. :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

ARodKeyWestJetsFan B)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan+Apr 27 2003, 08:16 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (ARodKeyWestJetsFan @ Apr 27 2003, 08:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TomShane[/i]@Apr 26 2003, 10:34 PM

BJ Askew? wtf?

You know I really hate to say this but you knuckleheads are validating everything people say about Jets Fans. They may not be the best known players in college ball but they are filling needs our team has.
    From what I&#39;ve read of these guys they sound like decent players that can be molded. Enough of all the b- tching already. I know you guy have seen the commercial on ESPN that says" One things for certain Jets fans will hate their draft picks." I hope you guys like that commercial because you are the cause of it. I for one think it sucks. :&#60;&#33;--emo&Angry:--&#62;[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]&#60;&#33;--endemo--&#62;

ARodKeyWestJetsFan B) [/b][/quote]
    That is not the point.

Other, more pressing needs could have been filled. I don&#39;t think GJ&H, or T. Shane are *****ing without validation, Could&#39;ve picked a nice FB in the 5th. If not Askew, ...............Mughelli, Pinnock ect would&#39;ve been available&#33;&#33;

[quote][i]Originally posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan[/i]@Apr 27 2003, 12:16 PM
    [b] You know I really hate to say this but you knuckleheads are validating everything people say about Jets Fans. They may not be the best known players in college ball but they are filling needs our team has.
    From what I&#39;ve read of these guys they sound like decent players that can be molded. Enough of all the b- tching already. I know you guy have seen the commercial on ESPN that says" One things for certain Jets fans will hate their draft picks." I hope you guys like that commercial because you are the cause of it. I for one think it sucks. :&#60;&#33;--emo&Angry:--&#62;[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif[/img]&#60;&#33;--endemo--&#62;

ARodKeyWestJetsFan B) [/b][/quote]
    I was just about to say the same thing about the Rome commercial.

I can honestly say that I was ready to vomit after their picks in round 2 and round 3. There was some special talent on the Board at that time. Washington, Calico, two OL from Hawaii and Doss were all on the board in round 2. Then a FB in round 3? Both picks were clear reaches.

If we had drafted Hobson in round 3, I would have loved the pick. I could have waited at least round 5 to get a FB.

However, I respect that the Jets targeted these players. They come from a big time program and are well coached. I hope that the Jets make some noise in day two.