Thread: The worst part of ESPN's draft coverage

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It had to be that butt sniffer Romo. My god what a kiss ass he was to Al Davis. He praised this guy like he was the greatest gm in the history of the league. Remember this is the same guy who drafted a kicker in the first round. He makes me sick to my stomach!

I loved the shots of him on the cell phone like he was talking to Al himself. You know he was talking to his wife to make sure she scored some more steroids for him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peter King said Romo will be great on TV. But who can take this pill-popping a-hole seriously? EVERYONE hates this guy. And it's not like he's some charmer like Tony Siragusa. He's a guy who has maxmized his talent, but he's no superstar. and the question-"Tell us Romo, about getting locked up for dealing speed pills".-will hang in the air every time he opens his mouth. But if Michael Irvin and Deoin Sanders can get jobs...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Manny B[/i]@Apr 26 2003, 10:35 PM
    [b] It had to be that butt sniffer Romo. My god what a kiss ass he was to Al Davis. He praised this guy like he was the greatest gm in the history of the league. Remember this is the same guy who drafted a kicker in the first round. He makes me sick to my stomach!

I loved the shots of him on the cell phone like he was talking to Al himself. You know he was talking to his wife to make sure she scored some more steroids for him. [/b][/quote]
    Boy I sure hate it when guys are negative. Don't you? :P

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by James Hasty+Apr 26 2003, 11:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (James Hasty @ Apr 26 2003, 11:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Manny B[/i]@Apr 26 2003, 10:35 PM
    [b] It had to be that butt sniffer Romo. My god what a kiss ass he was to Al Davis. He praised this guy like he was the greatest gm in the history of the league. Remember this is the same guy who drafted a kicker in the first round. He makes me sick to my stomach&#33;

I loved the shots of him on the cell phone like he was talking to Al himself. You know he was talking to his wife to make sure she scored some more steroids for him. [/b][/quote]
    Boy I sure hate it when guys are negative. Don&#39;t you? :P [/b][/quote]
    I guess we found his 1 negative post.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]But if Michael Irvin and Deoin Sanders can get jobs... [/b][/quote]

Hey, I don&#39;t mind Deion on T.V. Besides, It keeps him from recording rap music with M.C. Hammer

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Romo&#39;s gonna be on in infomercials in a few years -

"What if i told you that you didn&#39;t NEED to feel pain?"

i did like the players talking though - ESPN has an unspoken agreement with the NFL that they won&#39;t knock bad picks too hard (i.e. ARIZONA) but players are in their own union and are separate entities - they can say whatever they want -Jon Jensen made some salient points i thought. Corey Chavous is a joker but Duece seemed like he knew what he was talking about - id rather hear those guys than Lord Helmet and co.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you guys Darryl and Darryl from the Newhart show. I said find 1 post were I am negative about the Jets or the Front Office.

You can be as negative towards any other team or player and I wont give a dam.

Just dont be negative towards the Jets.

My dad told me never to argue with idiots because they just bring you down to their level of expertise.

I guess he was right.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    When that Viking fiasco was going down, Screw the exposure and the (until then) easy paycheck-Chavous looked like he wanted to crawl out the door.It was the most uncomfortable thing I can ever remember.

Hey Corey-you team just totally screwed things up for the 2nd year in a row-whadya think?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Manny B[/i]@Apr 26 2003, 10:49 PM
    [b] Are you guys Darryl and Darryl from the Newhart show. I said find 1 post were I am negative about the Jets or the Front Office.

My dad told me never to argue with idiots because they just bring you down to their level of expertise.

I guess he was right. [/b][/quote]
    To quote Rodney Dangerfield, Who died and made you pope of this dump?

It is funny how it is the "idiots" that aren&#39;t calling people names.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by James Hasty+Apr 26 2003, 10:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (James Hasty @ Apr 26 2003, 10:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Manny B[/i]@Apr 26 2003, 10:49 PM
    [b] Are you guys Darryl and Darryl from the Newhart show. I said find 1 post were I am negative about the Jets or the Front Office.

I guess he was right. [/b][/quote]
    To quote Rodney Dangerfield, Who died and made you pope of this dump?

It is funny how it is the "idiots" that aren&#39;t calling people names. [/b][/quote]
    Alright you got me now Hasty, I can never argue with a man who quotes Rodney.

Truce

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Homonowski is a giant tool.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Three major gripes.

Third, the obsession with Simms.

I counted three POLLS about him - tomorrow it will be "What CFL team do you think Chris Simms will play for?" And the endelss analysis of his arm, psyche, and chances.

Simms isn&#39;t the only player with a famous ex-NY player dad, ya know.

Second was laryngytic Dennis Green. I never though in a million years I could miss Joe Theisman.

First tho is not showing the 3nd round picks immediately after they are made somewhere on the screen. Continue the lame interviews sure, but let us in on the pick immedaitely.

It&#39;s like they forget at ESPM why fans watch the draft - to hear the picks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jon Jansen, OT from the Washington Redskins, was excellent. Boy, that dude has a big-time TV future........The new Dan Dierdorf?

Deuce was a real sleeper. At first glance, he wasn&#39;t special. But once he started talking, he made a lot of good points. The sun-glasses, of course, were distracting.

Corey Chavous was pretty weak. His speach volume was a bit low and he talked way too slow.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    did anyone else think Deuce was a little heavy?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Smizzy[/i]@Apr 27 2003, 01:59 AM
    [b] did anyone else think Deuce was a little heavy? [/b][/quote]
    If you&#39;re refering to the sack under his chin/neck, then yeah I saw that too.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jared+Apr 27 2003, 02:47 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jared @ Apr 27 2003, 02:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Smizzy[/i]@Apr 27 2003, 01:59 AM
    [b] did anyone else think Deuce was a little heavy? [/b][/quote]
    If you&#39;re refering to the sack under his chin/neck, then yeah I saw that too. [/b][/quote]
    i was he has alot of weight to lose.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought Deuce&#39;s negative comment on the MacGahee pick were a little odd considering he was the "MacGahee" of two years ago and Ricky williams was travis henry.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Deuce looked like he ate willis McGahee.