Thread: Great fight on HBO

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Toney and Jirov are going toe 2 toe!!!

Good stuff!!

All League
    The Carver-Griffin fight was a great one too. If you guys have HBO-in-Demand, I recommend checking out the rebroadcast of this fight card.

Undrafted Free Agent
    i thought it wa sa good fight, and i had toney winning, but not the scores thst the refs had it. 117-109 what the hell were they watching. i had toney winning bye a point. jirov has a tremoundous chin i can't wait for my boy gatti to fight ward again.

[quote][i]Originally posted by bigsexy[/i]@Apr 27 2003, 12:00 AM
    [b] i thought it wa sa good fight, and i had toney winning, but not the scores thst the refs had it. 117-109 what the hell were they watching. i had toney winning bye a point. jirov has a tremoundous chin i can't wait for my boy gatti to fight ward again. [/b][/quote]
    theres gonna be a ward-gatti III?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bigsexy[/i]@Apr 27 2003, 12:00 AM
    [b] i thought it wa sa good fight, and i had toney winning, but not the scores thst the refs had it. 117-109 what the hell were they watching. i had toney winning bye a point. jirov has a tremoundous chin i can't wait for my boy gatti to fight ward again. [/b][/quote]
    If Gatti "fights like a man" it will be great.

If he dances around the ring again, BBBBOOOOOOOORRRRRRIINNGGGG!!

Gatti fought fantastic last time and took him apart...
    it's boxing not street fighting.

Saw the fight tonight... I really thought Toney was going to tire and was shocked when Jirov was the one who tasted the canvas in the 12th.

Yeah, the scores were just plain stupid... it was a much closer fight.

Undrafted Free Agent
    gatt-ward 3 is june 7th on HBO. gatti always fights like a man.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Granted it's Boxing not Street Fighting!!!

Still, Gatti faught like a p***y last time against the warrior Ward!! Did he outbox him...yeah.

But I don't think people go to see gatti tiptoe around the ring!!

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bigsexy[/i]@Apr 27 2003, 10:36 AM
    [b] gatt-ward 3 is june 7th on HBO. gatti always fights like a man. [/b][/quote]
    gatti-ward I was a classic, I was proud of arturo for fighting the good smart fight in the rematch, that is how you continue to have a career in boxing, didn't think there would be a rematch, the 2nd fight wasn't even close, but i'll be waiting for that and I hope to see that Toney fight today, with 11 HBOs on my digital box they better play that sucker again some time today, I totally forgot about that after the draft

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Mean Bro Green+Apr 27 2003, 10:41 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Mean Bro Green @ Apr 27 2003, 10:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bigsexy[/i]@Apr 27 2003, 10:36 AM
    [b] gatt-ward 3 is june 7th on HBO. gatti always fights like a man. [/b][/quote]
    gatti-ward I was a classic, I was proud of arturo for fighting the good smart fight in the rematch, that is how you continue to have a career in boxing, didn&#39;t think there would be a rematch, the 2nd fight wasn&#39;t even close, but i&#39;ll be waiting for that and I hope to see that Toney fight today, with 11 HBOs on my digital box they better play that sucker again some time today, I totally forgot about that after the draft [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s on this morning&#33;&#33;

All League
    [quote][b]Granted it&#39;s Boxing not Street Fighting&#33;&#33;&#33;

Still, Gatti faught like a p***y last time against the warrior Ward&#33;&#33; Did he outbox him...yeah.

But I don&#39;t think people go to see gatti tiptoe around the ring&#33;&#33;[/b][/quote]

As long as Buddy Mcgirt is Gatti&#39;s trainer, expect less street fighting. Mcgirt has thought Gatti to fight a more controlled style of fighting, and better defensive techniques. Buddy&#39;s become one of the better trainer&#39;s in the sport, after a very successful carrer in the ring.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@Apr 27 2003, 10:42 AM
    [b] It&#39;s on this morning&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    good man, i&#39;m going to check right now