Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: The Roberston Effect

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Robertson was the one last piece we need. Here is the ripple effects of his presence.

Against the run: Big Gap Busters J Ferguson and D Roberston will plug the holes in the middle. Our Lb's will not have to attack an RB in full stride and risk missing tackles because the RB's will have been severly slowed down by some pressure in the lanes.

Against the pass: D Robertson and Evans provides very effective QB pressure in the middle. You can only double team one or two of the lineman. We'll force the O-Lines to pick thier poison. If you Double The DT's J Abe will have a green light. Ellis and Abe will be meeting at the QB very often. I predict 10+ sacks from both.

If they still double Abraham, then the DT's will maul over the inside and get an internal push that will totally disrupt the QB's timing.

With better pressure up front, our secondary will look that much better. The QB wont' be able to make the 2nd 3rd and 4th reads like gannon was doing last year.

Sometimes all you need is that one final piece to make agood defense GREAT. a GUY LIKE rOBERSTON IS THAT FINAL PIECE.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed. Plus everyone here swears to me that Bryan Thomas is going to be a ballplayer this year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PhillyJetsPhanatic[/i]@Apr 27 2003, 01:36 AM
    [b] Robertson was the one last piece we need. Here is the ripple effects of his presence.

Against the run: Big Gap Busters J Ferguson and D Roberston will plug the holes in the middle. Our Lb's will not have to attack an RB in full stride and risk missing tackles because the RB's will have been severly slowed down by some pressure in the lanes.

Against the pass: D Robertson and Evans provides very effective QB pressure in the middle. You can only double team one or two of the lineman. We'll force the O-Lines to pick thier poison. If you Double The DT's J Abe will have a green light. Ellis and Abe will be meeting at the QB very often. I predict 10+ sacks from both.

If they still double Abraham, then the DT's will maul over the inside and get an internal push that will totally disrupt the QB's timing.

With better pressure up front, our secondary will look that much better. The QB wont' be able to make the 2nd 3rd and 4th reads like gannon was doing last year.

Sometimes all you need is that one final piece to make agood defense GREAT. a GUY LIKE rOBERSTON IS THAT FINAL PIECE. [/b][/quote]
    Now your talking.no more double teams.

You heard it here first Johhy Abe has 13-17 sacks this season!!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    when you consider our other DTS (Thomas and Evans) are not very accountable, then Robertson looks like a golden pick worth trading picks for. Thomas has yet to show anything and Evans has been surrounded substance abuse policy infractions.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see our D Line picking up tons of sacks (optimistically)

J Abe: 10-15
    Ellis: 8-12
    D-Rob: 6-10
    Evans: 5-8
    B Thomas: 5-9

That's a big improvement from our line. Our LB's should be able to get a considerable amount as well

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Robertson, Adams, and Bowens makes signing woody long term priority #1 next year for the pats. what did Mawae get?
    we are going to have to pay Woody close to that.

Do you think Ferguson and his 3 mill salary gets cut?

I think the Jets make a move to get into the 4th rd with thier 2 #5s
    to get one on Gabriel,Young,Cage,Aiken,Lloyd I expect a run starting this morning.

What corner do you think they are looking at? I dont understand them going into the season with Beasley again.

Why do you guys think Holland dropped?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by patman[/i]@Apr 27 2003, 10:02 AM
    [b] I think Robertson, Adams, and Bowens makes signing woody long term priority #1 next year for the pats. what did Mawae get?
    we are going to have to pay Woody close to that.

Do you think Ferguson and his 3 mill salary gets cut?

I think the Jets make a move to get into the 4th rd with thier 2 #5s
    to get one on Gabriel,Young,Cage,Aiken,Lloyd I expect a run starting this morning.

What corner do you think they are looking at? I dont understand them going into the season with Beasley again.

Why do you guys think Holland dropped? [/b][/quote]
    I hope Light is finally able to handle a speed rusher.