Thread: Tinstar apologizes

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 1st is that our defensive coordinator thinks that Victor Hobson was the best strongside Linebacker in this draft,and we got him.2ndly,Bradway stating that receiver is a replaceable position,and that a Defensive Tackle like Robinson is considered far above a receiver in the FO`s way of Thinking.Yesterday in the Chat room of the GreenHouse after the pick of Hobson,i stated that Bradway was a frilling Idiot,and should be fired.I was wrong,and when I`m wrong I say i`m wrong.Even if Hobson doesn`t pan out,How can I or anyone else fault a GM for picking a player they consider the best in the entire draft at a position they needed help.Bradway has maintained that the Board would dictate what player was drafted,and that`s what they did.If you`re going to fail,do it with strong conviction,and if you happen to succeed,then the accolades are well Deserved .

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Tinstar[/i]@Apr 27 2003, 09:14 AM
    [b] The 1st is that our defensive coordinator thinks that Victor Hobson was the best strongside Linebacker in this draft,and we got him.2ndly,Bradway stating that receiver is a replaceable position,and that a Defensive Tackle like Robinson is considered far above a receiver in the FO`s way of Thinking.Yesterday in the Chat room of the GreenHouse after the pick of Hobson,i stated that Bradway was a frilling Idiot,and should be fired.I was wrong,and when I`m wrong I say i`m wrong.Even if Hobson doesn`t pan out,How can I or anyone else fault a GM for picking a player they consider the best in the entire draft at a position they needed help.Bradway has maintained that the Board would dictate what player was drafted,and that`s what they did.If you`re going to fail,do it with strong conviction,and if you happen to succeed,then the accolades are well Deserved . [/b][/quote]
    Tinstar,

You know alot of guys have been bashing this pick. Personally I don't think it was a bad move. I just wanted to acknowledge you for putting up this post. It takes a man to admit when he's wrong. You have my respect.

ARodKeyWestJetsFan B)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    TINSTAR, since I was in the chat room when you said that, I did not feel that you did or said anything wrong. But I do agree with you that the GM will do it his way when he sees a position of need. You know I was against the pick too but perhaps we will both be wrong and HOBSON turns out great! As you know I am not completely aboard the hype on ROBERTSON. I hope he turns out great though.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan+Apr 27 2003, 09:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (ARodKeyWestJetsFan @ Apr 27 2003, 09:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Tinstar[/i]@Apr 27 2003, 09:14 AM
    [b] The 1st is that our defensive coordinator thinks that Victor Hobson was the best strongside Linebacker in this draft,and we got him.2ndly,Bradway stating that receiver is a replaceable position,and that a Defensive Tackle like Robinson is considered far above a receiver in the FO`s way of Thinking.Yesterday in the Chat room of the GreenHouse after the pick of Hobson,i stated that Bradway was a frilling Idiot,and should be fired.I was wrong,and when I`m wrong I say i`m wrong.Even if Hobson doesn`t pan out,How can I or anyone else fault a GM for picking a player they consider the best in the entire draft at a position they needed help.Bradway has maintained that the Board would dictate what player was drafted,and that`s what they did.If you`re going to fail,do it with strong conviction,and if you happen to succeed,then the accolades are well Deserved . [/b][/quote]
    Tinstar,

You know alot of guys have been bashing this pick. Personally I don&#39;t think it was a bad move. I just wanted to acknowledge you for putting up this post. It takes a man to admit when he&#39;s wrong. You have my respect.

ARodKeyWestJetsFan B) [/b][/quote]
    To bad you could not admit you where wrong about the CB BATTLE

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jayrad01[/i]@Apr 27 2003, 10:04 AM
    [b] To bad you could not admit you where wrong about the CB BATTLE [/b][/quote]
    too bad you woke up this morning and are still a complaining little jet fan

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mean Bro Green+Apr 27 2003, 10:08 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Mean Bro Green @ Apr 27 2003, 10:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jayrad01[/i]@Apr 27 2003, 10:04 AM
    [b] To bad you could not admit you where wrong about the CB BATTLE [/b][/quote]
    too bad you woke up this morning and are still a complaining little jet fan [/b][/quote]
    Where did this clown come from Chris?

ARodKeyWestJetsFan B)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Think about it guys.Our coaching staff thinks the linebacker we drafted is the best one in the draft at covering the TE from the LBing position.From a need standpoint,that makes this a great pick,and from the best Player available standpoint,again a great pick.IMHO,the #1 need for the Jets is a Linebacker capable of replacing Mo Lewis who can deal with the TE and be able to take on an OT.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tinstar, it&#39;s nice to see a fan apologizing for over-reacting, but maybe you should have waited until today...today&#39;s events may make you feel like the apology was premature. :-)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    We&#39;ll havee to wait and see if the appology was really necessary. I do think, from seeing this guy play, that he will be a good replacement for James Darling. He also had good leadership qualities. He never seemed super fast to me, though. Either way, I think he will contribute in some fashion over the next 5-10 years and atleast this was a 2nd round pick, not the usual 1st round surprise&#33; We got our guy in the first and everything else from here is just icing&#33;