Thread: Tinstar apologizes

All Pro
    The 1st is that our defensive coordinator thinks that Victor Hobson was the best strongside Linebacker in this draft,and we got him.2ndly,Bradway stating that receiver is a replaceable position,and that a Defensive Tackle like Robinson is considered far above a receiver in the FO`s way of Thinking.Yesterday in the Chat room of the GreenHouse after the pick of Hobson,i stated that Bradway was a frilling Idiot,and should be fired.I was wrong,and when I`m wrong I say i`m wrong.Even if Hobson doesn`t pan out,How can I or anyone else fault a GM for picking a player they consider the best in the entire draft at a position they needed help.Bradway has maintained that the Board would dictate what player was drafted,and that`s what they did.If you`re going to fail,do it with strong conviction,and if you happen to succeed,then the accolades are well Deserved .

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Tinstar[/i]@Apr 27 2003, 09:14 AM
    [b] The 1st is that our defensive coordinator thinks that Victor Hobson was the best strongside Linebacker in this draft,and we got him.2ndly,Bradway stating that receiver is a replaceable position,and that a Defensive Tackle like Robinson is considered far above a receiver in the FO`s way of Thinking.Yesterday in the Chat room of the GreenHouse after the pick of Hobson,i stated that Bradway was a frilling Idiot,and should be fired.I was wrong,and when I`m wrong I say i`m wrong.Even if Hobson doesn`t pan out,How can I or anyone else fault a GM for picking a player they consider the best in the entire draft at a position they needed help.Bradway has maintained that the Board would dictate what player was drafted,and that`s what they did.If you`re going to fail,do it with strong conviction,and if you happen to succeed,then the accolades are well Deserved . [/b][/quote]
    Tinstar,

You know alot of guys have been bashing this pick. Personally I don't think it was a bad move. I just wanted to acknowledge you for putting up this post. It takes a man to admit when he's wrong. You have my respect.

ARodKeyWestJetsFan B)

Jets Insider VIP
    TINSTAR, since I was in the chat room when you said that, I did not feel that you did or said anything wrong. But I do agree with you that the GM will do it his way when he sees a position of need. You know I was against the pick too but perhaps we will both be wrong and HOBSON turns out great! As you know I am not completely aboard the hype on ROBERTSON. I hope he turns out great though.

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan+Apr 27 2003, 09:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (ARodKeyWestJetsFan @ Apr 27 2003, 09:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Tinstar[/i]@Apr 27 2003, 09:14 AM
    [b] The 1st is that our defensive coordinator thinks that Victor Hobson was the best strongside Linebacker in this draft,and we got him.2ndly,Bradway stating that receiver is a replaceable position,and that a Defensive Tackle like Robinson is considered far above a receiver in the FO`s way of Thinking.Yesterday in the Chat room of the GreenHouse after the pick of Hobson,i stated that Bradway was a frilling Idiot,and should be fired.I was wrong,and when I`m wrong I say i`m wrong.Even if Hobson doesn`t pan out,How can I or anyone else fault a GM for picking a player they consider the best in the entire draft at a position they needed help.Bradway has maintained that the Board would dictate what player was drafted,and that`s what they did.If you`re going to fail,do it with strong conviction,and if you happen to succeed,then the accolades are well Deserved . [/b][/quote]
    Tinstar,

You know alot of guys have been bashing this pick. Personally I don&#39;t think it was a bad move. I just wanted to acknowledge you for putting up this post. It takes a man to admit when he&#39;s wrong. You have my respect.

ARodKeyWestJetsFan B) [/b][/quote]
    To bad you could not admit you where wrong about the CB BATTLE

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jayrad01[/i]@Apr 27 2003, 10:04 AM
    [b] To bad you could not admit you where wrong about the CB BATTLE [/b][/quote]
    too bad you woke up this morning and are still a complaining little jet fan

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mean Bro Green+Apr 27 2003, 10:08 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Mean Bro Green @ Apr 27 2003, 10:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jayrad01[/i]@Apr 27 2003, 10:04 AM
    [b] To bad you could not admit you where wrong about the CB BATTLE [/b][/quote]
    too bad you woke up this morning and are still a complaining little jet fan [/b][/quote]
    Where did this clown come from Chris?

ARodKeyWestJetsFan B)

All Pro
    Think about it guys.Our coaching staff thinks the linebacker we drafted is the best one in the draft at covering the TE from the LBing position.From a need standpoint,that makes this a great pick,and from the best Player available standpoint,again a great pick.IMHO,the #1 need for the Jets is a Linebacker capable of replacing Mo Lewis who can deal with the TE and be able to take on an OT.

Hall Of Fame
    Tinstar, it&#39;s nice to see a fan apologizing for over-reacting, but maybe you should have waited until today...today&#39;s events may make you feel like the apology was premature. :-)

Rookie
    We&#39;ll havee to wait and see if the appology was really necessary. I do think, from seeing this guy play, that he will be a good replacement for James Darling. He also had good leadership qualities. He never seemed super fast to me, though. Either way, I think he will contribute in some fashion over the next 5-10 years and atleast this was a 2nd round pick, not the usual 1st round surprise&#33; We got our guy in the first and everything else from here is just icing&#33;