Thread: A cornerback

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    B.j. Tucker
    CB | (5-10, 188, 4.32) | WISCONSIN
    By Pro Football Weekly

Notes: Was born in West Africa but grew up in the United States. High school sprint champion in the 100 and 200 meters. Runs track at Wisconsin and finished second in the Big Ten 100-meter dash in 2002. Played enough as a true freshman in '99 to earn a letter but really did not play that many snaps on defense and was in on just one tackle. Top backup and nickel back in 2000, when was in on 22 tackles and broke up seven passes. Started the first two games in '01. Had 15 tackles and broke up two passes. Placed second in the Big Ten outdoor track meet in '02. Then in the fall, lit up the gridiron for 74-7 and five interceptions, including one returned for a touchdown, one fumble recovery and one forced fumble.

Positives: He has rare timed speed and outstanding athletic ability and fluidity, enough to play cornerback in the NFL. Has run as low as a 4.31 on a fast surface according to Wisconsin coaches. Will go up and get the ball and flashes top playmaking ability and recovery speed.

Negatives: Gives way too much cushion and can't jam. Lost his starting job after two games in '01. Tentative and soft in run support. Has a track body and mentality. Raw. Lacks size to match up with bigger receivers. Doesn't always play as fast as timed speed. Can improve change of direction.

Summary: Track guy playing football who, like former Badgers WR Tony Simmons, may be able to make an immediate impact because of his excellent speed, but is likely to come up short on football intelligence and toughness.

Here`s a player who has all the tools,but no idea how to use them.We have as our headcoach a guy considered one of the best Defensive back coaches in the League.Perfect match,a guy Edwards can mold the way he wants.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know Tin, that one sounds like it's going to take alot of clay.

ARodKeyWestJetsFan B)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm more intrigued by Weathersby in the fifth and Klecko too, that way we could lose harper/reed

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mean Bro Green[/i]@Apr 27 2003, 10:54 AM
    [b] I'm more intrigued by Weathersby in the fifth and Klecko too, that way we could lose harper/reed [/b][/quote]
    I wouldn't be mad if we picked up Klecko.

ARodKeyWestJetsFan B)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Gives way too much cushion and can't jam"

I've seen enough of that in the coverage we have now.