Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Draft Discussion

Practice Squad
    I have the sleeper of all sleepers for head coach. I bet I can wait till round 29!

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@May 16 2003, 08:46 AM
    [b] I'll be back around 7pm if my pick comes up!! [/b][/quote]
    bummer!

Everyone, I am letting you all know in advance. I will be going to Disney World tomorrow! Don't worry I will have my laptop with me! But we leave at 10a.m. and get in to Orlando get the rental car and get settled it will probabally be around 5pm - 7pm. Just to let everyone know. Hopefully I'll be able to pick right before I go! Thanks.

[quote][i]Originally posted by TimJet3000[/i]@May 16 2003, 12:38 PM
    [b] I have the sleeper of all sleepers for head coach. I bet I can wait till round 29! [/b][/quote]
    Well there are actually a number of HC's I'd be willing to take, but only a few specific ones. BB obviously, but I'd also go for Gruden (duh). Mooch would be a mid-rounder to me. I'd also be willing to take a flyer on Capers or Fox. I really like what each of them is doing for their respective franchises.

Other coaches I'd be willing to take if my options got limited: Dungy, Lewis (and if we could promote coordinators, like any decent GM would do when looking for a HC), Crennel :)

[quote][i]Originally posted by #99[/i]@May 16 2003, 12:58 PM
    [b] Everyone, I am letting you all know in advance. I will be going to Disney World tomorrow! Don't worry I will have my laptop with me! But we leave at 10a.m. and get in to Orlando get the rental car and get settled it will probabally be around 5pm - 7pm. Just to let everyone know. Hopefully I'll be able to pick right before I go! Thanks. [/b][/quote]
    There are only like... 6 or so picks before you pick again. Just make a mini draft board for next round and send it to nyjet80. That way he can make your round 2 pick for you.

All League
    Would Parcells be your #1 coach pick? I thought he was worth my first pick, obviously. His teams play hard and are usually good in December and the playoffs.

I think his coaching alone wins a team 2-3 a year that they probably shouldn't win.

Billick and Gruden would be 2nd tier for me. Herm too, but he's still a little too green.

Veteran
    FreddyG, I think you probably have the coach of the year locked up. And for all those wondering here is the points system (it's a little updated). Feel free to suggest anything to add for the points.

Passing Touchdowns (20)
    Rushing Touchdowns (20)
    Recieving Touchdowns (20)
    Player Receptions (2)
    Return TD's (75)

Player Sacks (25)
    Player Interceptions (25)
    Player Forced Fumbles (10)
    Player Fumbles Recovered (25)
    Player Safeties (50)
    Player Touchdowns (50)

Player Extra Points (1)
    Player Field Goals (3)

Bonus Points:
    Highest QB Rating (100)
    Most Rushing Yards (100)
    Most Recieving Yards (100)
    Most Tackles (100)
    Most Field Goals (100)
    Every Pro-Bowl Player (50)
    Coach of the Year (200)
    Rookie of the Year (200)
    MVP of the Year (200)
    MVP of Superbowl (200)

Also (hopefully it won't make a huge difference), I won't be on a computer from 4 pm today until sometime on Sunday. It's like that for me every weekend so I will try my hardest to get my pick in before I leave.

Practice Squad
    MY bad

Veteran
    Could I put my trust in someone who will pick for me so we don't have a day-long delay? I could send someone five picks I want and they could pick for me, if someone wants to do it they have to swear they won't tell anyone who I want to pick (I would prefer someone who is not already in the draft do this :)).

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jared+May 16 2003, 02:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jared @ May 16 2003, 02:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--#99[/i]@May 16 2003, 12:58 PM
    [b] Everyone, I am letting you all know in advance. I will be going to Disney World tomorrow&#33; Don&#39;t worry I will have my laptop with me&#33; But we leave at 10a.m. and get in to Orlando get the rental car and get settled it will probabally be around 5pm - 7pm. Just to let everyone know. Hopefully I&#39;ll be able to pick right before I go&#33; Thanks. [/b][/quote]
    There are only like... 6 or so picks before you pick again. Just make a mini draft board for next round and send it to nyjet80. That way he can make your round 2 pick for you. [/b][/quote]
    No I will pick for myself. Round 3 or 4 I was talking about. And we would be on round 12 by now if we didn&#39;t have to wait till 7pm.

Practice Squad
    [quote][i]Originally posted by nyjet80[/i]@May 16 2003, 03:22 PM
    [b] Could I put my trust in someone who will pick for me so we don&#39;t have a day-long delay? I could send someone five picks I want and they could pick for me, if someone wants to do it they have to swear they won&#39;t tell anyone who I want to pick (I would prefer someone who is not already in the draft do this :)). [/b][/quote]
    Hey I&#39;ll probably miss a day myself here, weekends aren&#39;t the best time for me.
    Look how long we&#39;ve waited allready today, not that it bothers me. I think everyone should make their own picks whenever they have the chance. This is destined to be a long process anyway.

Veteran
    Agreed, I did actually say when I started it that it&#39;s ok if the picks aren&#39;t rushed. The offseason is long anyway, we&#39;ll just be patient I guess. Also I think there will be some days where we get like 3 rounds done right away.

[quote][i]Originally posted by #99[/i]@May 16 2003, 12:58 PM
    [b] Everyone, I am letting you all know in advance. I will be going to Disney World tomorrow&#33; Don&#39;t worry I will have my laptop with me&#33; But we leave at 10a.m. and get in to Orlando get the rental car and get settled it will probabally be around 5pm - 7pm. Just to let everyone know. Hopefully I&#39;ll be able to pick right before I go&#33; Thanks. [/b][/quote]
    again

[quote][i]Originally posted by FreddyG[/i]@May 16 2003, 02:24 PM
    [b] Would Parcells be your #1 coach pick? [/b][/quote]
    After BB.

Bitter
    Hey, one suggestion for defensive points. I think players should get 1 point for each tackle they make as well.

This is ridiculous&#33; We are waiting 11 hours now for 1 person to pick. nyjet80 there has to be a time limit set. What this is doing is, when we started everyone was up for this. If this goes on, people are going to lose interest. It&#39;s not fair to the rest of us, It&#39;s really not.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I was the 1st to post to let everyone the time I&#39;d draft&#33;&#33;

Relax, we have 3 months&#33;&#33;

[quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@May 16 2003, 08:27 PM
    [b] I was the 1st to post to let everyone the time I&#39;d draft&#33;&#33;

Relax, we have 3 months&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    No problem JonE. I just hope your saying relax today. I will be in travel from NY to Orlando from 10am to 7pm. No hard feelings.o.k.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@May 16 2003, 08:27 PM
    [b] Relax, we have 3 months&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Way too long for me&#33;

Re: Parcells, I doubt he could be coach of the year. He would probably need to win a game or two in the playoffs. On paper, they&#39;re the worst team in the NFC East, although the Skins have just as many questions at QB. If I were trying to win the points for coach of the year, I might go for 1) Herm, or two sleepers 2)Vermeil, and 3) D. Reeves.

Let&#39;s finalize the point system. Even though it&#39;s secondary to me(I picked a coach first&#33;), there&#39;s enough good players out there that you can do both. Every time you add new point possibilities it changes my draft board. : :huh:

[quote][i]Originally posted by FreddyG+May 17 2003, 09:33 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (FreddyG @ May 17 2003, 09:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JonEJet[/i]@May 16 2003, 08:27 PM
    [b] Relax, we have 3 months&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Way too long for me&#33;

Re: Parcells, I doubt he could be coach of the year. He would probably need to win a game or two in the playoffs. On paper, they&#39;re the worst team in the NFC East, although the Skins have just as many questions at QB. If I were trying to win the points for coach of the year, I might go for 1) Herm, or two sleepers 2)Vermeil, and 3) D. Reeves.

Let&#39;s finalize the point system. Even though it&#39;s secondary to me(I picked a coach first&#33;), there&#39;s enough good players out there that you can do both. Every time you add new point possibilities it changes my draft board. : :huh: [/b][/quote]
    Coach of the Year for 2003: John Fox.