Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Draft Discussion

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    John Fox is who i was gonna say is the coach sleeper

My coach: Herm or Bill Cowher

O.K. guys I am here in Orlando and I am waiting for my pick, actually I thought you guys would be waiting on me. And to my paeson GJ&H Vona is right the ball is in nyjet80's court. And you didn't cough up the football!

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just sitting here waiting for my pick hoping that my guy is still around. 2 picks to go. Come on guys!! LOL

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I will be gone most of tomorrow for my sister's High School graduation. I'll be around in the morning but gone in the afternoon. I was wondering if I could trust one of you to make my pick for me in the event that I'm not around. I only have 2 picks before I'm up and I don't want to hold you guys up since I'm sure alot of you will be able to be around your computers tomorrow. I'll check back in the morning.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Husker, PM it to me. I have a while to wait for my next pick, so you don't have to worry about me stealing one of you guys :)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok this is really bad, I'm not up to date on everything yet (I just got to the computer) but how long has Timmy taken so far? He should have told someone so they could pick for him. I need some opinions on a time limit, what do you guys think? Also, if someone wants to give up there spot to GJ&H that's fine but I don't really want to add any more people in now. Plus, if I let him in I would have to let other posters in that asked before him. Nothing personal B)

[quote][b]Let's finalize the point system. Even though it's secondary to me(I picked a coach first!), there's enough good players out there that you can do both. Every time you add new point possibilities it changes my draft board. : [/b][/quote]

Ok, I'm not going to change it from the way I posted it before on this thread.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    a 12 hour time limit is more than enough!!

And I do think GJ&H should go ahead and make these picks for now!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The official time limit is now 10 hours, I suggest if you know you aren't going to be at a computer you give your picks to somebody so they can pick for you. If you fail to do so your turn will be skipped, you can redeem your pick when your turn comes up again. If you miss the time limit twice you will be replaced by someone else who will be a more reliant poster.

As for now Timmy's turn will not be skipped because he was not informed of the rule before his turn came. If his pick is not made by 12:00 pm tommorrow he will be skipped and the next person will choose.

Now, in case anyone does miss their turn twice I will need some people lined up as replacements. The only fair way to do this is to have sign ups, if you want to be on the bubble post below.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by nyjet80[/i]@May 18 2003, 09:57 PM
    [b] The official time limit is now 10 hours, I suggest if you know you aren't going to be at a computer you give your picks to somebody so they can pick for you. If you fail to do so your turn will be skipped, you can redeem your pick when your turn comes up again. If you miss the time limit twice you will be replaced by someone else who will be a more reliant poster.

As for now Timmy's turn will not be skipped because he was not informed of the rule before his turn came. If his pick is not made by 12:00 pm tommorrow he will be skipped and the next person will choose.

Now, in case anyone does miss their turn twice I will need some people lined up as replacements. The only fair way to do this is to have sign ups, if you want to be on the bubble post below. [/b][/quote]
    Excellent ruling!!

Someone will feel like the Vikes, whereas others will be lining up to make the pick!!! Interesting!!

[quote][i]Originally posted by nyjet80[/i]@May 18 2003, 09:57 PM
    [b] The official time limit is now 10 hours, I suggest if you know you aren't going to be at a computer you give your picks to somebody so they can pick for you. If you fail to do so your turn will be skipped, you can redeem your pick when your turn comes up again. If you miss the time limit twice you will be replaced by someone else who will be a more reliant poster.

Now, in case anyone does miss their turn twice I will need some people lined up as replacements. The only fair way to do this is to have sign ups, if you want to be on the bubble post below. [/b][/quote]
    nyjet80, Some kudos should come my way, me thinks! That is what I suggested was it not! I will be happy with a compensatory draft pick!lol!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]nyjet80, Some kudos should come my way, me thinks! That is what I suggested was it not! I will be happy with a compensatory draft pick!lol! [/b][/quote]

I send some kudos your way, it should be there in a few hours.

Don't forget people, if you want to be on the replacement list sign up now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice picks Husker...I suspect Donald Driver next :D :lol: :D

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, it is kind of funny having a Patriots fan picking 2 Packers in a row. It just worked out that way. Favre was my top QB and Green was in my top 5 for running backs. I suppose Driver would be a decent candidate for receiver lol.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steal of the Draft so far 80...good pick ;)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was hoping he would last to me, I was really worrying he would be taken right before me.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder what this draft tells you about different styles of team building? Some people went franchise QB first, another picked a coach, others went for the premiere RB, another went dominant LB...

Personally I have my 2 offensive playmakers. As long as I get a 'decent' QB I'll be set. The last 2 Superbowls prove you don't need a league MVP QB to win as long as you have a dominant D and/or a good coach.

----------

My main question though: Can someone explain the Champ Bailey pick? Why not Surtain or Madison or Law, or someone else?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Vona41[/i]@May 19 2003, 01:33 PM
    [b] Steal of the Draft so far 80...good pick ;) [/b][/quote]
    Umm... last I checked its still the second round... We aren't even at the 20th pick yet! Hard to consider anyone picked so far a 'steal' considering how close to the top we still are. If someone picks a probowler in the 15th round, THEN I'll call it a steal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jared[/i]@May 19 2003, 02:15 PM
    [b] If someone picks a probowler in the 15th round, THEN I'll call it a steal. [/b][/quote]
    LOL, dude please...I didn't ask YOU to call it I steal..I called it one.

When you consider Derrick Brooks the best OLB in the league, YES he is a steal when he is picked 18th overall.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you're up again inVinceible ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, i picked