Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wayne Chrebet

hey guys, i remember i saw an article on ur WR core, and i dont remember seeing his name, (or maybe i just missed it). JW if u guys could inform me on him, wehre he is, if hes still on the jets (which it says on nfl.com) wut string WR hes guna be and stuff

Wayne is absolutely still a Jet. He'll probably play in the slot this season with Moss and Conway as #2 and #1 repectively. We shall see though, training camp can change these things.

best 3rd down Rec in football - and i think little man learned he can't leap tall buildings in a single bound - just goes to show you how Herm got em wound up tight down the stretch -

id have to say the best 3rd down receiver ws jerry porter

[quote][b]Games 15 16

Receptions 51 51

Receiving Yards 691 688

Receiving Average 13.5 13.5

Longest Reception 37 36

Receiving Touchdowns 9 9

Receiving First Downs 38 36

Pct. of Receptions Resulting in First Downs 74.5 70.6

Receptions of 20+ yards 9 12

Receptions of 40+ yards 0 0

Carries 0 4

Rushing Yards 0 6

Rushing Average 0 1.5

Longest Run 0 4

Rushing Touchdowns 0 0

Rushing First Downs 0 0

Pct of Rushes Resulting in First Downs 0 0

Runs of 20+ yards 0 0

Total Touchdowns 9 9

2-point Conversion Runs 0 0

2-point Conversion Receptions 0 2

Total Points 54 58
    [/b][/quote]

id have to say that that is the MOST EVEN STATS I HAVE EVER SEEN..thats unbelievable, how ironic, everythin is almost exactly the same, but jerry porter has size, and tahts the number one thing for a reciever with good hands(they both have that) oh ya, the one on the left is chrebet, the one on the right is porter...and one more thing, ya porter started another game, but he wasnt a threat till the second game wen we realized how good he was, and he also missed the game against new england due to a injury(not serious, he just didnt play alot of downs)..not just sayin this cuz im a raider, but this guy WILL be the numberr 2 spot in r offense next year, but last year, it had to be porter

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by silvernblack10[/i]@May 29 2003, 12:47 AM
    [b] id have to say that that is the MOST EVEN STATS I HAVE EVER SEEN..thats unbelievable, how ironic, everythin is almost exactly the same, but jerry porter has size, and tahts the number one thing for a reciever with good hands(they both have that) oh ya, the one on the left is chrebet, the one on the right is porter...and one more thing, ya porter started another game, but he wasnt a threat till the second game wen we realized how good he was, and he also missed the game against new england due to a injury(not serious, he just didnt play alot of downs)..not just sayin this cuz im a raider, but this guy WILL be the numberr 2 spot in r offense next year, but last year, it had to be porter [/b][/quote]
    Those stats don't show that Porter had about 100 yds more in YAC over the season. Also, once you include the playoffs, Porter's stats are dominant. He was 6 for 126 and a TD in our playoff game (with TDs in every post season game) while Wayne was just 1 for 7. Porter is beginning to peak and should beat out Brown as the #2 while Chrebet has long since plateaued. Porter looks to be a special player in the making. BTW, what site did you use for that side-by-side comparison?

flow train, u a raiders fan?

cbs.sportsline.com its perfect

ya porters the s**t, i got season tickets and met him after the game once luckily, got his sig...

where ya from?

oh nvm, by our playoff game u were just indicatiing that single game against the jets i thought u meant OUR as in OUR=raiders

he is unbelivable, speed and height, hard to bring down, this guy if with the right motivation and work ethic can be something like a TO.

I ran into Wayme in a bar in Brooklyn. He was with a guy I know from my neighborhood. He said we have alot to look forward to this season. He said, this time around, we take the raiders. " Al Davis is a crybaby"

Veteran
    I think Porter should be starting over Brown. I heard rumors that the coach and Porter don't get along real well.
    He (Porter) must have been pissed when they re-signed Rice and Brown to long term contracts. Hopefully Porter leaves next year and comes to us!!!!

Practice Squad
    Porter was the sleeper receiver of the 2000 draft and I wish we got him. He has the size and speed combination scouts drool over, but the question was his conversion from safety to wide receiver and would he be able to do it (kinda sounds like Tory Woodbury a bit).

porter iddnt get along with gruden, him and callahan get along fiine, and for calling al davis a cry baby, say whatever u want, the most winningest franchise in NFL history, ya we dont got 5 bowls, but how many do u guys got? and do u guys have anywhere near the amount of wins the raiders have? no, no one does except for the eagles, and they are still a couple games behind.

Much respect for Jerry Porter. SOB MADE my fantasy football team last year when I picked him up as a sleeper and no one else knew who he was. B)

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by silvernblack10[/i]@May 29 2003, 06:17 PM
    [b] porter iddnt get along with gruden, him and callahan get along fiine, and for calling al davis a cry baby, say whatever u want, the most winningest franchise in NFL history, ya we dont got 5 bowls, but how many do u guys got? and do u guys have anywhere near the amount of wins the raiders have? no, no one does except for the eagles, and they are still a couple games behind. [/b][/quote]
    What the hell are you talking about? Nobody said anything but good things about Porter.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:

hey silver& black,

how old are u? 10? can you even read or write? it's apparent that you know nothing about football...let alone the Jets......why don't you go to your silver and black website? I hear alot of jet bashing from raider fans and yet I never hear anything about the way you represented the AFC in the superbowl......sorry man but your initial comment about Chrebet was pretty ignorant.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r:
    apologies to silver and black........I read the remaining post and realized that your questions were serious.....I guess as a Jets fan it was hard to fathom that someone did not know the status of chrebet....as for Porter....he is a stud but think he'll shine when Rice retires....he should be your feature receiver.

Banned
    The Raiders should stop being idiots, and LET Porter start, The guy was great at times last year. I'd take him over Rice and Brown right now.

A question for SilvernBlack, Porter is in the last year of his contract, will the Raiders be able to re-sign him, because I know there will be teams wanting to pay big bucks for him.

If Porter started last year, he would have made the Pro-Bowl.

Rookie
    Silverblack10 comes in peace with some class.
    Do you think we could get some of that to rub off on some of the Patriot fans?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 1R1SHPAT[/i]@May 31 2003, 02:40 PM
    [b] Silverblack10 comes in peace with some class.
    Do you think we could get some of that to rub off on some of the Patriot fans? [/b][/quote]
    Do you think it will snow in the Sahara Desert? LOL! :lol:

Jets Insider VIP
    Silvernblack10, what's the deal with Robbins? Is he gonna still play on the team? And how did you feel about what happened to him with the SB game?
    Would you want him back?