Thread: I picked up Contreras

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was a FA so I figure I will give him a shot, what the hey. I can afford to play around A little in the league since I'm about to be in first after this week. do you hear me Scottish???....lol....j/k
    ...ps 20-6

Maxman
    That is a good pickup. I don't think he will be in the rotation real long but if he gives you one quality start it will be worth it.

Maxman
    Wait a minute. You are picking people up already? I didn't set my roster yet. Don't even try and tell me that we drafted.

WHAH WHAH WHAH.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    LMFAO MAX. He can take Weavers job if he has a quality start tomorrow, if not then its back to the minors, either way its worth a shot.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where you at Scottish....its now 24-4....lol, your officially getting a Whoopin.....and Mean Bro Greens, you will get yours soon. I will definatly be in first place looking down on all of you inferior baseball minds.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Vinny025[/i]@May 30 2003, 10:17 AM
    [b] I will definatly be in first place looking down on all of you inferior baseball minds. [/b][/quote]
    In your dreams big boy! Angry Prepare to feel the wrath :P No one is taking my spot.

BTW are you sure we drafted allready. :lol:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    TimJet, I think we are drafting soon, but lets not tell RayRay......its a secret.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Vinny025[/i]@May 30 2003, 10:42 AM
    [b] TimJet, I think we are drafting soon, but lets not tell RayRay......its a secret. [/b][/quote]
    LOL,

and regarding your about to take first. Well I just checked the site and congratulations. But not for long so enjoy it while it lasts

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe you should pick up long-gone kim too, he'll be coming back to the bronx soon

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I'm in first place you cant question any of my moves, caue they are the RIGHT moves...lol

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    HHmmmmm, a no no through 5 with 6 k's?.....I might have gotten a steal here. Too bad I didnt start him tonight.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Vinny025[/i]@May 30 2003, 08:32 PM
    [b] HHmmmmm, a no no through 5 with 6 k's?.....I might have gotten a steal here. Too bad I didnt start him tonight. [/b][/quote]
    7.0 IP, 0 ER, 81 pitches

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Theo Epstein, it is now safe to continue to throw things around your hotel room... Contreras is a DARN good pitcher. Yea, he shut down the lowly tigers big deal, uh-uh. I saw this guy come in against a red hot Blue Jays hitting staff last week and mo'ed em down for 4 straight innings... 3 impressive outtings in a row.... THIS GUy has the stuff.

But i dont even want him as our 5th starter. tHATS A waste. Leave weaver there, having a good 5th starter is a luxury, he wont even pitch in the post season.... Contreras could be the perfect set up man for Rivera.... He will b more useful in that role for this year then can step into the rotation next year when roger and possible wells and pettitte are gone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contreras has the stuff yes...It is still to be determined if he is a good pitcher...a couple of more outings like this and we'll see. Then again Shane Halter is no Manny Ramirez/Carlos Delgado etc.

I believe he will suceed...and in no way should Contreras be a setup man. He has the make up to become a great starter, why waste that talent...I like Weaver out of the pen anyway.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vona, it would be just for this year... I rather have a good set up man then a good 5th starter.... A set up man is much more important come playoff time. A 5th starter doesnt even pitch.

THen next year he can step into the rotation...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsMan57[/i]@May 30 2003, 09:46 PM
    [b] Vona, it would be just for this year... I rather have a good set up man then a good 5th starter.... A set up man is much more important come playoff time. A 5th starter doesnt even pitch.

THen next year he can step into the rotation... [/b][/quote]
    we shall see. Who is to say he might not command a spot in the playoff rotation. :)

Maxman
    Gotta laugh at you Vinny. You picked him up and didn't start him. OUCH!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know dam it, i forgot to put him in....GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR