Thread: I picked up Contreras

Banned
    He was a FA so I figure I will give him a shot, what the hey. I can afford to play around A little in the league since I'm about to be in first after this week. do you hear me Scottish???....lol....j/k
    ...ps 20-6

Maxman
    That is a good pickup. I don't think he will be in the rotation real long but if he gives you one quality start it will be worth it.

Maxman
    Wait a minute. You are picking people up already? I didn't set my roster yet. Don't even try and tell me that we drafted.

WHAH WHAH WHAH.

Banned
    LMFAO MAX. He can take Weavers job if he has a quality start tomorrow, if not then its back to the minors, either way its worth a shot.

Banned
    Where you at Scottish....its now 24-4....lol, your officially getting a Whoopin.....and Mean Bro Greens, you will get yours soon. I will definatly be in first place looking down on all of you inferior baseball minds.

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by Vinny025@May 30 2003, 10:17 AM
    I will definatly be in first place looking down on all of you inferior baseball minds.
    In your dreams big boy! Angry Prepare to feel the wrath No one is taking my spot.

BTW are you sure we drafted allready. :lol:

Banned
    TimJet, I think we are drafting soon, but lets not tell RayRay......its a secret.

Practice Squad
    Originally posted by Vinny025@May 30 2003, 10:42 AM
    TimJet, I think we are drafting soon, but lets not tell RayRay......its a secret.
    LOL,

and regarding your about to take first. Well I just checked the site and congratulations. But not for long so enjoy it while it lasts

Hall Of Fame
    maybe you should pick up long-gone kim too, he'll be coming back to the bronx soon

Banned
    When I'm in first place you cant question any of my moves, caue they are the RIGHT moves...lol

Banned
    HHmmmmm, a no no through 5 with 6 k's?.....I might have gotten a steal here. Too bad I didnt start him tonight.

Veteran
    Originally posted by Vinny025@May 30 2003, 08:32 PM
    HHmmmmm, a no no through 5 with 6 k's?.....I might have gotten a steal here. Too bad I didnt start him tonight.
    7.0 IP, 0 ER, 81 pitches

Theo Epstein, it is now safe to continue to throw things around your hotel room... Contreras is a DARN good pitcher. Yea, he shut down the lowly tigers big deal, uh-uh. I saw this guy come in against a red hot Blue Jays hitting staff last week and mo'ed em down for 4 straight innings... 3 impressive outtings in a row.... THIS GUy has the stuff.

But i dont even want him as our 5th starter. tHATS A waste. Leave weaver there, having a good 5th starter is a luxury, he wont even pitch in the post season.... Contreras could be the perfect set up man for Rivera.... He will b more useful in that role for this year then can step into the rotation next year when roger and possible wells and pettitte are gone.

Veteran
    Contreras has the stuff yes...It is still to be determined if he is a good pitcher...a couple of more outings like this and we'll see. Then again Shane Halter is no Manny Ramirez/Carlos Delgado etc.

I believe he will suceed...and in no way should Contreras be a setup man. He has the make up to become a great starter, why waste that talent...I like Weaver out of the pen anyway.

Vona, it would be just for this year... I rather have a good set up man then a good 5th starter.... A set up man is much more important come playoff time. A 5th starter doesnt even pitch.

THen next year he can step into the rotation...

Veteran
    Originally posted by JetsMan57@May 30 2003, 09:46 PM
    Vona, it would be just for this year... I rather have a good set up man then a good 5th starter.... A set up man is much more important come playoff time. A 5th starter doesnt even pitch.

THen next year he can step into the rotation...
    we shall see. Who is to say he might not command a spot in the playoff rotation.

Maxman
    Gotta laugh at you Vinny. You picked him up and didn't start him. OUCH!

Banned
    I know dam it, i forgot to put him in....GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR