Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EVANS STILL WITH TEAM!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

maybe he wins the apeal like he did last year!!!

[url=http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0530/1560920.html]http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0530/1560920.html[/url]

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

its pretty much the same stuff we knew but this article is letting us know he still is practicing...some peple were asking earlier if he practiced today....

The fact that he's practicing has absolutely no baring on his suspension ... I wish it did, but it doesn't

All Pro
    don't get your hopes up Locke, Evans is a "Dead Man Walking"

Hall Of Fame
    Not for long.

Veteran
    Charter JI Member

From what I know he's had two suspensions and two overturned on appeal.

Not looking good Locke!

Oh Josh, you broke my heart!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I KNOW GUYS I KNOW THERE IS NO HOPE...I WAS JUST TELLING THE PEOPLE WHO WERE ASKING EARLIER IF HE WAS STILL WITH THE TEAM..

Banned
    Carter and Lett got it 4 times, and they got back. Thats F*cked up if Josh doesn't get to come back. Even though he has a problem he is a great guy, an emotional leader, and he goes out of his way to sign autographs for fans.

Plus Carter and Lett were doing some pretty hard drugs. Carter drank and did coke, while Lett did coke.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Lady Jet[/i]@May 30 2003, 09:45 PM
    [b] From what I know he's had two suspensions and two overturned on appeal.

Not looking good Locke!

Oh Josh, you broke my heart! [/b][/quote]
    If what you're saying is true he's gota 50/50 chance. That's not bad odds in my books.

Veteran
    Charter JI Member

Well that's a positive way of looking at it. :)

I don't know, I guess there is always the chance but., ugghhhh!

Oh well, we'll have to wait it out the next few weeks and see how it goes. I just really do not believe this will come back as a false positive this time. Not if the sources are correct about it testing positive for marijuana. But like Herman Edwards said today in the Times, I don't have any right to judge anybody.

Josh Evans doesn't have a problem - worse case the guy smoked a little grass. Yeah so f-in what? him and 50% of America. Yes he has a responsibility to "stay clean," especially in light of his two sttrikes but bottom line if he get banned it will have been because of a stupid rule that punishes the light users like Ephedra and WEed but Shannon Sharpe can take enough HGH to make him look like a horse - but that's ok!!! Its bull-s**t.

Banned
    Bitonti, it is BullSh*t. I'm ok with a 4 game suspension but being banned is a bunch of crap.

Veteran
    I'm gonna save my comments for when we find out for sure. You know, don't count the chickens till they hatch!

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@May 31 2003, 11:33 AM
    [b] Josh Evans doesn't have a problem - worse case the guy smoked a little grass. Yeah so f-in what? him and 50% of America. Yes he has a responsibility to "stay clean," especially in light of his two sttrikes but bottom line if he get banned it will have been because of a stupid rule that punishes the light users like Ephedra and WEed but Shannon Sharpe can take enough HGH to make him look like a horse - but that's ok!!! Its bull-s**t. [/b][/quote]
    I agree with you 100% Bitonti.

But, the league sets the rules. If you were told you can have millions of dollars playing a child's game but you can't eat chocolate, would you eat the chocolate and take the chance of losing it all?? Hell I know I wouldn't go anywhere near the stuff.

But I liken the harmful effects of chocolate to be just about equal to pot. But until our government says so, it will be banned.

Veteran
    Yeah, I'm a chocoholic myself! Gotto have my fix!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Geez It's not like he beat the Crap out of Santa Clause or
    anything....Hope he beats it!! :unsure:

maybe evans has weed in his blood

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

if he is suspended for the whole year he will have 3 million dollars of weed to smoke.....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

now evans has 3 million reasons to smoke all day

Jets Insider VIP
    JI Staff Photographer

I'm sorry, but if he did smoke, then he has a real problem, knowing full well what was at stake! If you are in the position to make millions, and the only requirement is that you stay away from certain substances, and you can't manage to do that, then I say you have a PROBLEM!