Thread: Uh oh!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Not in first anymore!!

Giambi is heating up. Goes deep twice.

Sawx get [b]PUMMELLED[/b] 13-2.

Not good. :huh:

Theo "Stridex" Epstien need to make some more moves quick before the season gets away from the Sawx!! BK just isn't making the Yanks tremble!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    And the Cuban Missile tosses a 7 inning TWO HITTER in his first ever start. :)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that this game had alotta ups for us...but to be "perspective" they're playing the HOT-Jays and we're playing the Tiggers. :)

BUT...maybe a little Detroit pitching was a (sight for sore eyes)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Vona41[/i]@May 30 2003, 10:19 PM
    [b] I agree that this game had alotta ups for us...but to be "perspective" they're playing the HOT-Jays and we're playing the Tiggers. :)

BUT...maybe a little Detroit pitching was a (sight for sore eyes) [/b][/quote]
    Who gives a rats ass who we're playing this week, and who they are.

We both have the same schedules, same teams ect!!

We got beaten up by the Jays last week, now the Sawx can slip into 3rd for all I care.

A dose of the Sawx is all we needed!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Third straight good appearence by Contreras. Granted this one was basically against a Triple A team you have to be encouraged.

By the end of June the Sox will be a distant memory. Their bullpen stinks, Pedro is hurt, and Lowe only wins in Fenway. Right now their only good pitcher is Fossum.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Granted the Tigers are downright awful, but how many pitchers TWO HIT them through seven?

Heck, they even collect a few hits off the best of the best ... cause I ain't seen no-one toss a no-hitter against them lately?

As bad as they are {and they are as bad as it gets}, it's still a professional team.

Having said all that, a huge tip of the cap to the Cuban Missile on his first ever start ... he was virtually unhittable. ;)

PS. Welcome to the bullpen, Jeff Weaver :)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    JMO.....

Very important start tomorrow for Weaver. If he goes 6, gives up 4 or 5......off to the pen with Hitchcock!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weaver, grab a seat in the pen...

7 innings, 10 hits, 3 ER, 1HR....Jeff you are the weakest link, good-bye.

They flat out stunk today, no way around it....There is no reason we shouldn't be sweeping these guys...

[b]oh well, here is to Clemens 300th tomorrow[/b]!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@May 30 2003, 10:28 PM
    [b]
    Who gives a rats ass who we're playing this week, and who they are.

We both have the same schedules, same teams ect!!

We got beaten up by the Jays last week, now the Sawx can slip into 3rd for all I care.

A dose of the Sawx is all we needed!!! [/b][/quote]
    Hey JonECrybaby...

See what happens when you run your huge piehole? Yeah, that's right...the Yankees get humilated by the lowly, pathetic, Single A-like Tigers.

Since the NYY payroll ir roughly 10 times higher than that of the Tigers, today's grotesque loss should count for 10 losses. That's a joke...

And can you please stop referring to Jason Giambi's daily abyssmal displays as a "slump?" Anything that lasts this long is considered an off-year.

Please, for God's Sake...stop worrying about Pedro/Nomar/Derek and start worrying about the collective NYY fiasco!!! If you think this is anything close to the same team as you had seen for the past 7 years, you have got another thing comin'.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come on now Jet/bosox fan, you know by the trade deadline we are going to just buy whatever we feel we need to win a championship anyway. So really I have no worries about my team. I have faith in george, and he will buy a good pitcher for us by the all star break.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Sawx couldn't capitalize AGAIN!!!!

What a shame, gonna get swept by the Jays tomorrow!!

Wonder if we&#39;ll be hearing you screaming for Littles head. With all that talent, getting spanked by the Jays.....shouldn&#39;t happen&#33;&#33;<sarcasm>

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    its not even that the Jays are playing all that well...its that our pitching is real bad...and they may sweep us in 3 games...but they already swept NYY in 4 games, so I really dont see your cause for jubilation...The Jays are hot, they&#39;ll cool off soon, dont you worry...

However, when they have enough money to acquire relatively decent pitching...they&#39;ll get back in the race.

Moving on to the Sox...Hopefully: BK will take Burketts spot in the rotation and Pedro comes back 100% healthy...because we are sucking up a storm right now.

*It&#39;s amazing how the esteemed Bronx Bombers can&#39;t take a commanding lead against a team with no bullpen and no "talent" according to you. I guess &#036;200 million doesn&#39;t go as far as it used to...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sheesh you would think that a team with dreams of contending for the AL East title would win a game like that. :lol:

Fossum is now pitching to an ERA of 5.86

I take it back, he is not that good.

No Pedro
    Lowe is back to his usual self which means Sox fans will be wanting to run him out of town.
    Fossum = Just not that good.

Bullpen = :unsure: uh whatever

The June swoon starts a few days early this year

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    JetsBlowMeFan&#33;&#33;

Good to have you showing you face (or verbal skills) once again. This board is not as fun as when you are throwing garbage out your window&#33;&#33;

You keep screaming &#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;dollars, dollars. But you don&#39;t recognize money well spent&#33;&#33;

Yes the Yanks have lost a few lately ( better now than August as you are so accustomed to ) but you never come off your stance about the Cuban Missle, and Godzilla&#33;&#33;&#33;

I guarantee, Contreras would be #2 on that so very shaky staff "stridex" has assembled, and you would be speaking of him in the same breath as mike Greenwell.

My father is a lifelong Sawx fan. A fan of Bobby Doerr, Ted Williams Blah, Blah. Blah.....Unfortunately like my old man, you too will shortly be a clone of him........an old, cranky man with nothing to live for but a 5 game winning streak&#33;&#33;

Unfortunately for you, as Yogi would say......."don&#39;t worry about the Sawx, we&#39;ve been kicking their hydes for a decade now."&#33;&#33;

So go spin your web, whatever makes you feel better. For that matter, whatever justifies your existence&#33;&#33; <_<

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Vinny025[/i]@May 31 2003, 04:05 PM
    [b] Come on now Jet/bosox fan, you know by the trade deadline we are going to just buy whatever we feel we need to win a championship anyway. So really I have no worries about my team. I have faith in george, and he will buy a good pitcher for us by the all star break. [/b][/quote]
    Oh look a fire. Hey that is strange, here comes Vinny and he is holding a can of lighter fluid.

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet/BosoxFan[/i]@May 31 2003, 09:15 PM
    [b] I guess &#036;200 million doesn&#39;t go as far as it used to... [/b][/quote]
    I predict the final team payrol won&#39;t exceed &#036;199,943,232.43.

Ha. Bet you feel silly now?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet/BosoxFan[/i]@May 31 2003, 09:15 PM
    [b] its not even that the Jays are playing all that well...its that our pitching is real bad... [/b][/quote]
    Well JBF I hate to break it to ya...you got the first part wrong, but you redeemed yourself and got that second part right&#33;&#33;&#33; GOOD JOB

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on beating the Bengals errr Tigers. Oh wait, you lost. Only one thing left to do....

Run to the toilet and comb your hair&#33;&#33;&#33;
    :o

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Squid[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 03:50 AM
    [b] Congrats on beating the Bengals errr Tigers. Oh wait, you lost. Only one thing left to do....

:o [/b][/quote]
    Here&#39;s an idea. When you tell these little stories. Try to have a point.

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Squid[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 03:50 AM
    [b] Congrats on beating the Bengals errr Tigers. Oh wait, you lost. Only one thing left to do....

:o [/b][/quote]
    Squid:
    FYI when you come your hair if you need to use some water, you should really get the water from the sink. Using toilet water as you described above is just not very sanitary.