Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uh oh!!!

Practice Squad
    Guess you guys have never heard of Frank Zappa, and his ability of making light of an already dumb situation?

Run to the toilet and comb your hair!

[quote][i]Originally posted by Squid[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 10:15 AM
    [b] Run to the toilet and comb your hair! [/b][/quote]
    Joey Balls & Scap ..... Scap & Joey Balls

To this I say ... where is the mountain, I need to spring a leak.

Since we're talkin jibberish, just thought I would add a few similar pearls of wisdom of my own. :D

All Pro
    I see said the bling man peeing in the wind, it's all coming back to me.

[b]Yes the Yanks have lost a few lately ( better now than August as you are so accustomed to ) but you never come off your stance about the Cuban Missle, and Godzilla!!![/b]

I won't come off my stance on Matsui until he stops doing exactly what I said he was going to do last December. And for the love of God, can we stop calling him "Godzilla" yet? He has 3 lousy homeruns!!! Unless of course it is satirical in nature. He made two bonehead plays in the outfield yesterday, that ended up costing NYY a win against the p*ss poor Tigers!!! G'head and ask Max...I said last winter that he would suck in the outfield, bat roughly .260, not hit a ton of HRs, and not live up to expectations.

I believe that I also predicted the downfall of one Jeff Weaver this year...how's that working out for me? Oh and I also said until they trade Giambi to STL for Tino, convince Brosius/O'neil/Justice to unretire...and play better defense...you NYC residents won't be watching anymore sickening ticker tape parades with the likes of Trump, Paul Simon, and Rudy G.

As for the Cuban Scud...if you had done your research, you would have known how upset I was when the BoSox failed to obtain him because I thought he would be lights out in the MLB...Granted, I coveted fat Colon more...but I would have taken Jose Contreras because I thought he would be dominant...that's one prediction I got wrong!!! I gladly take it back now, JonEJet.

*FYI...I noticed the Cuban Scud is listed as being 31 years old. Not to go down this road again, but LOOK AT THIS FREAKIN'GUY...he is no doubt pushing 40!!!

All Pro
    Theo is looking real smart on that Fossum deal :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

JBF,

I'll respond to you later.

Have to go watch Clemens get #300!!! Not on TV down here!!

In a Yankee uniform, Clemens will be remembered!! :D

All Pro
    In BHK's first appearance...1 ip, 3 hits, 2ER and a plump ERA of 18...not bad

[quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 01:02 PM
    [b] JBF,

I'll respond to you later.

Have to go watch Clemens get #300!!! Not on TV down here!!

In a Yankee uniform, Clemens will be remembered!! :D [/b][/quote]
    JonEMush...seriously my man, stop calling your shots...you screw yourself over every single time!

BTW...Mush is a reference to the movie "A Bronx Tale." The Mush was a character who couldn't win a bet to save his life. I am not sure if you have seen it and I dont want you to start calling me names again...

[quote][i]Originally posted by Vona41[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 04:03 PM
    [b] In BHK's first appearance...1 ip, 3 hits, 2ER and a plump ERA of 18...not bad [/b][/quote]
    Vona, honestly...I gave you alot of credit for not being a frontrunner NYY fan like 99.9% of ALL Yankee fans...

HOWEVER...if you were a true fan, you would stop worrying about BK Kim and start worrying about why the once vaunted NYY lineup needs 17 innings to beat the lowly, pathetic Tigers.

Does BoSox pitching suck like a Hoover? Yes, of course. But if you think NYY is the battle-tested, heavily stocked juggernaut it once was...you had better think again.

All Pro
    Bronx Tale, good movie...mush reference, not so good.

yeah...I know...but noone else loses as much as JonEJet...

How about this one:

He is the Iron Mike Sharpe of the JI Landing Strip??!!??

If I have to explain that one, Vona, let me know...

All Pro
    :lol: the biggest jobber outside of the brooklyn brawler, thats not so good either.

thats not good either? Damn, I thought it was a gem.

Dude, your standards are too high!

And Barry Horowitz was a much bigger jobber than IMS and the Brooklyn Brawler

All Pro
    IRS...[b]Irwin R Schyster[/b]

also known as Mike Rotundo...

WRESTLING TRIVIA TIME:

at which institution (a favorite among JI bandwagon hoppers/frontrunner fans) was he, IRS, a celebrated collegian grappler?

All Pro
    mike rotundo was a grad of Syracuse