Thread: Can someone who knows

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read that he admitted its alot tougher playing with the vets. He did also say if he starts over Evans (suspended) it would be a blessing and he knows he has the ability.

Has anyone seen or heard how he looks at these mini camps? Its doubly important now.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jayrad01[/i]@May 31 2003, 08:03 AM
    [b] I read that he admitted its alot tougher playing with the vets. He did also say if he starts over Evans (suspended) it would be a blessing and he knows he has the ability.

Has anyone seen or heard how he looks at these mini camps? Its doubly important now. [/b][/quote]
    I have not seen or heard anything about him since OTA's started but I would expect in light of all that's going on with Evans we will hear alot more about D-Rob very soon.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    OTA is one thing but real info won't be available until these guys put on pads - my impression onthe early word was that DR is a bonafide stud in training.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bitonti, I can see your a fan of Jason Glenn.

You think he could use all his speed, athletic ability, and coverage skills, to eventually start at Middle Linebacker, his natural position in college.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    D_Mastermind i think Glenn's a great player but might not have the toughness to rock between the tackles on a reliable basis

but that's all speculation... remember that next year's LB corp will be sick, with probably 7 or 8 first round grades at this early point. Someone like Michael Boulware or DJ Williams would be a great pickup -

maybe Glenn could be an MLB, i mean if Ashermon Singlton could play it in tampa and perhaps Jason can here - it will come down to how well he shed blockers and stops the run...

not for nothing but for all the predraft talk about improving the LB corp, this is IMO actually a shaping up to be a strong point of the defense -

the key of course is if Mo can come off of surgery and be effective while tutoring Hobson - but if you look at how great Mo and Marvin were playing down the stretch - now it comes out Mo Lewis could have chosen to shut it down for surgery at any point - the man was playing and performing while VERY hurt - when the docs opened him up they couldn't believe he was walking let alone playing footbaall to the tune of 100+ tackles... bottom line he's one tough mo-fo and in light of his gutty performace last year its not a stretch to assume he'll be back and may even be better than ever.

overall they will be a great unit. Cowart will be two years off surgery, Marvin Jones is a great two down between the tackles MLB - Moses and Campbell are very underrated players. Kenyatta Wright may take one of their roster slots tho, teddy is a big fan

overall im not nearly concerned about the LB corp as i am about say the secondary - if/when Beasley concusses himself again Mickens, even though probably the best pound for pound tackler on the JETS has serious matchup problems with tall wideouts and saavy QB's. Also as a unit they drop a TON of INTs.

but i digress

back to Glenn, i remember before minicamp Herm said that Glenn needed to step up, to make it happen and prove that he's more than just a ST guy. After minicamp in Tuesday's for Teddy, TC basically replied directly to that challenge saying something like "Jason Glenn had a great weekend, he has shown he can contribute to the defense, not just on ST."

So if those guys believe than its hard to count out Aaron Glenn's tougher younger brother. But by no means is it a lock that he will start on this team - there is a ton of talent... its hard to say for sure that he will be get a starting position. But its very possible if he keeps improving at this rate...