Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Monday Night Football ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saturday, May 24
    Updated: May 24, 1:46 PM ET
    Joumana Kidd wouldn't mind replacing Stark
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ESPN.com news services

If Jason Kidd's wife had it her way, she wouldn't attend just basketball games.

Joumana Kidd, the Nets star's wife, said she'd love the chance to replace Melissa Stark as a sideline reporter on Monday Night Football, according to a report in Saturday's Newark Star-Ledger."I could definitely see myself doing that, sure," Joumana Kidd told the newspaper. "No one has talked to me about it. But I'm definitely not in a position to be picky."

Joumana, who is repeatedly seen with the Kidds' son T.J. at Nets games, has had a budding television career. She has worked for theentertainment show "Extra!" and for NBA Entertainment. And while Joumana hasn't done football, she said she knows the game."T.J. was born during a Monday night football game," she told the Star-Ledger. "So it's always been special to us."

Joumana Kidd has been in the headlines over the past few months, after sports columnist Bob Ryan was suspended by The Boston Globe for one month without pay after saying on television that Joumana, who was allegedly the victim of domestic abuse, needed someone to "s-m-a-c-k her."Ryan, who has since expressed regret, made the comments Sunday night during a segment on WBZ-TV's Sports Final show.

Jason Kidd said Boston fans insulted his wife and 3-year-old son during Game 4 of the 2002 Eastern Conference finals at the FleetCenter. Fans taunted Kidd with chants of "wife beater," referring to 2001 charges that he had struck his wife.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Already posted like 1 week ago, but thats ok . :rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, that was real smart of Bob Ryan. I hope when he got home his wife smacked him!! As for Mrs. Kidd, is she Hot? :)

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsin2003[/i]@May 31 2003, 12:14 PM
    [b] Yea, that was real smart of Bob Ryan. I hope when he got home his wife smacked him!! As for Mrs. Kidd, is she Hot? :) [/b][/quote]
    Actually she is quite the hottie. But I think it would be a slight on my sweetie, Pam Oliver, if Joumana got it over her.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    When one of those Hotties comes on all I hear is blah, blah,blah. And when they go off, What did she say?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetsin2003[/i]@May 31 2003, 12:44 PM
    [b] When one of those Hotties comes on all I hear is blah, blah,blah. And when they go off, What did she say? [/b][/quote]
    Yeah but it is like that old beer commercial, where the guy is in a bar with his girl, she's nagging him and the game is on the tv behind her. Suddenly the announcers are broadcasting through her mouth and of course the guy is much more interested in cwhat she's saying lol. That one's about 5 yrs old now I think.

But I like getting a little sideline report from a cutie.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm all for sideline reports from dimpled cuties.