Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHO'S WITH JOSH EVANS

Banned
    This guy should be supported by every JET fan in the world. This guy was a blessing for the JETS. He solidified the Line for the JETS. When the JETS were down and out, he became the emotional leader of the Defense when no one else was even trying to.

Plus, this guy is a class act. He's always smiling, always going out of his way to sign autographs (i've got 2 signatures from him already).

Also, it was 1 test out of 10 tests a month. Thats alot of tests, something was bound to happen, LIKE A MISTAKE?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Listen, people are stupid, but this guy was accused 3 times, and with 10 drug tests a month I don't think he's dumb enough to do it. Maybe he was aroun people who did, and sucked in some magic smoke, but who knows.

Listen if our president( Clinton at the time) says he smoked weed and also the President who was running for office(Gore) said he was a big time user in college, People are always turning their heads and laughing it off.

I hope Paul Taguible our what ever his name is, will make the right choice here. Angry

Tagliaboob OWES us anyway.

The league screwed the Jets in the Morton case, the league even admitted they were upset and surprised by the ruling.

What a great time to even things up!

All Pro
    I disagree,but I think i know where you`re coming from.If in fact Evans did what he was found to have done,he should be suspended the entire year,and be forced to return his new signing bonus.Sometimes tough love is the only way,and then even that doesn`t always work.Just because a person may have a sickness,doesn`t give them an excuse to break the laws.

why not give him a chance he sounds like a stand up guy
    it sounds like that snowboarder Ross R when he got his
    gold medal back after he proved he was at a party and he
    must of enhaled by second hand smoke.could that be the
    case with Evans. i hope this is a load of s**t

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Play on Josh! Just leave the fatties alone!

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind[/i]@May 31 2003, 12:53 PM
    [b] This guy should be supported by every JET fan in the world. This guy was a blessing for the JETS. He solidified the Line for the JETS. When the JETS were down and out, he became the emotional leader of the Defense when no one else was even trying to.

Plus, this guy is a class act. He's always smiling, always going out of his way to sign autographs (i've got 2 signatures from him already).

Also, it was 1 test out of 10 tests a month. Thats alot of tests, something was bound to happen, LIKE A MISTAKE?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Listen, people are stupid, but this guy was accused 3 times, and with 10 drug tests a month I don't think he's dumb enough to do it. Maybe he was aroun people who did, and sucked in some magic smoke, but who knows.

Listen if our president( Clinton at the time) says he smoked weed and also the President who was running for office(Gore) said he was a big time user in college, People are always turning their heads and laughing it off.

I hope Paul Taguible our what ever his name is, will make the right choice here. Angry [/b][/quote]
    "When the Jets were down and out" Huh :huh: When Evans signed with the Jets the team was coming off a playoff appeareance in the 2001 season. That doesn't sound like down and out to me. To be sure the D-Line needed help and that's why the Jets signed him. If anyone was down and out it was Evans. It was the Jets that effectively gave him his 4th chance.

JetsD this is not about a "Hangem High" mentality. This is about how many more chances does this guy need before he gets the message. Something like 75% of the US Prison Population is locked up on nonviolent drug charges. That's a crying shame because anyone who knows anything about the US Prison System knows that it is a Finishing School for Criminal Behavior. The Jets, the Titans and the NFL have bent over backwards to grant Evans second third and now fourth chances all which he has squandered. The question that is going to be aasked in any proceeding is why should we grant you a fifth chance ? What will be different this time that you, Evans, won't wind up standing before us asking for another chance in a year or two ?

Josh Evans is owed the right to a hearing on the matter and a right to the presumption of innocences. We have only the Times Story to go on right now and the information provided is sketchy. I'm sure there will be further info released on this matter in the next couple of weeks. But given Evans backround there is more than adequate reason to be skeptical. But JetsD when you say Evans is a stand up guy you call in to question your own credibilty.b

imagine getting stoned with Josh Evans...a case of the "munchies" for him probably involves a 500 lb. bag of Cheese Popcorn and a forklift

All Pro
    like i said before.....the 1st time is an accident, the 2nd time is a mistake....the 5th time, you have a serious problem that needs to be fixed.

I truly hope he's innocent but where there's ganga smoke there's fire, if he was in fact dumb enough to toke a fattie he deserves nothing short of a lifetime ban.

Say it isn't so Josh :blink:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Vona41[/i]@May 31 2003, 03:55 PM
    [b] like i said before.....the 1st time is an accident, the 2nd time is a mistake....the 5th time, you have a serious problem that needs to be fixed. [/b][/quote]
    Congrats on going all-pro Vona.

All Pro
    :D thanks, congratulations to you as well...and a shout-out to Max.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by WestCoastMole+May 31 2003, 03:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (WestCoastMole @ May 31 2003, 03:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JetsD-Mastermind[/i]@May 31 2003, 12:53 PM
    [b] This guy should be supported by every JET fan in the world. This guy was a blessing for the JETS. He solidified the Line for the JETS. When the JETS were down and out, he became the emotional leader of the Defense when no one else was even trying to.

Plus, this guy is a class act. He&#39;s always smiling, always going out of his way to sign autographs (i&#39;ve got 2 signatures from him already).

Listen, people are stupid, but this guy was accused 3 times, and with 10 drug tests a month I don&#39;t think he&#39;s dumb enough to do it. Maybe he was aroun people who did, and sucked in some magic smoke, but who knows.

I hope Paul Taguible our what ever his name is, will make the right choice here. Angry [/b][/quote]
    "When the Jets were down and out" Huh :huh: When Evans signed with the Jets the team was coming off a playoff appeareance in the 2001 season. That doesn&#39;t sound like down and out to me. To be sure the D-Line needed help and that&#39;s why the Jets signed him. If anyone was down and out it was Evans. It was the Jets that effectively gave him his 4th chance.

JetsD this is not about a "Hangem High" mentality. This is about how many more chances does this guy need before he gets the message. Something like 75% of the US Prison Population is locked up on nonviolent drug charges. That&#39;s a crying shame because anyone who knows anything about the US Prison System knows that it is a Finishing School for Criminal Behavior. The Jets, the Titans and the NFL have bent over backwards to grant Evans second third and now fourth chances all which he has squandered. The question that is going to be aasked in any proceeding is why should we grant you a fifth chance ? What will be different this time that you, Evans, won&#39;t wind up standing before us asking for another chance in a year or two ?

Josh Evans is owed the right to a hearing on the matter and a right to the presumption of innocences. We have only the Times Story to go on right now and the information provided is sketchy. I&#39;m sure there will be further info released on this matter in the next couple of weeks. But given Evans backround there is more than adequate reason to be skeptical. But JetsD when you say Evans is a stand up guy you call in to question your own credibilty.b [/b][/quote]
    1.) Chad wasn&#39;t the only reason the JETS turned around the 2-5 record. Evans took it upon himself to be an emotional leader.

2.) Evans is known around the league, and is cited in many articles, and personal experience tells me he&#39;s a good guy with a bad problem.

3.) If he did smoke weed, its just weed. I know most of these members on this board have at least inhaled it once in high school.

Undrafted Free Agent
    After Edwards spoke up for the guy, got him another chance and a 8 mill contract, he does this and takes 3mill of cap room over the next 3 years and he has backers. The jets should take some responsibilty and help him with treatment and such, but besides that he hurt your team, and he let his teamates and the people that gave him a 2nd chance down.

Hall Of Fame
    christ, now he&#39;s Josh d&#39;Arc

Hall Of Fame
    This wasn&#39;t his first mistake. He knew what the parameters were, and what was finacially at stake for him and his family. What ever happened, he put himself in a position or actually did something that risked all that. He&#39;s not going to jail, he&#39;s losing a job. AND HE DID IT-not the NFL, not some other 3rd party.

"Emotional leader" my ass. "Chemistry" "Leader"BLAH, BLAH. BLAH...Josh Evans was an adequate DT, not a superstar. There were games he didn&#39;t stop the run at all, and the days he generated doubleteams on passing downs were..oh, there weren&#39;t any such days. Which is no small reason this team gave up so much to get Robertson.

Some of you need to take a step back and look at this objectively instead or reacting like a fan. When Evans looks in the mirror, he sees the villian in this story.

It&#39;s called responsibilty. And lately if you can play sports reasonably well, it appears no one expects much of it from you. This is just the latest example.

Hall Of Fame
    It is extremely rare that a league drug test gets overturned upon appeal. Evans dodged a bullet last year. I don&#39;t recall reading why it was reversed, but I&#39;m willing to bet it was some kind of a league procedural screw up. I am also willing to bet that this is some kind of a third party contact situation. With what this guy has at stake, his family has at stake, and the team has at stake. If he was in a situation where people were smoking around him, and doesn&#39;t get his a&#036;&#036; out of the area, he deserves what is going to happen to him. The NFL is going to view this as a 4th bust. The roof is going to fall on him. Looks like he is going to have plenty of time to sit around with his bubs,

Hall Of Fame
    I&#39;m sorry that I doubted you
    I was so unfair
    You were in a car crash
    And you lost you&#39;re hair

You said that you wouldn&#39;t be late
    About an hour or two,
    I said that&#39;s alright
    I&#39;ll be waiting here
    Waiting just for you

Hall Of Fame
    Just a follow-up-

Carleton Hasselrig. His name was in the police blotter again jUSt in the last few weeks.

If somebody way back in the beginning told this guy way back that no matter how great a blocker he was, he can&#39;t do drugs or be around people that are doing them, may be he wouldn&#39;t be the mess he is today.

Addicts have to be brought to understand that actions have consequences. What might be good for the Jets(Evans playing) is not what&#39;s in the best long-term interests of Josh Evans, the human being, and his family. He has to deal with this or it will get worse.

Hall Of Fame
    There will always be another river
    With a mystery just around the bend
    There will always be another highway
    Going some place you ainít never been

And there will always be another season
    To bid the new turn into the old
    And there will always be another lost sheep
    Lost and strayed from the fold

And there will always be another railroad track
    Streamline engine just a rushing on by
    Always be another silver bird
    To drag your heart across the sky

And theyíll always be another valley
    With that little path that leads to who knows where
    There will always be another mountain
    But you donít have to climb it
    Just because itís there

Swamp bogs and back yards
    That youíve left behind
    Forget your freedom and discover your mind

Winds in the tree tops
    Wines in the glass
    Time is a healer
    Please let it pass

But there will always be another ocean
    Another westward wind to blow
    And there will always be another old man
    That just dropped by to say hello

And there will always be another fireside
    With a fire shining bright and warm
    But there will never ever be another someone
    To hold and keep you from the storm

Outside the storm is raging

Veteran
    It&#39;s funny how many people are smoking weed at half time of every Jets game with no worries at all that the authorities will even attempt to stop the behavior.