Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WHO'S WITH JOSH EVANS

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess [i]Golden Seal[/i] wasn't such a hot idea, after all.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That behavior seems less omnipresent than it used to be. I see many people smoking cigars and cigarettes in the ramp during halftime, but fewer smoking dope. We live in a society who's mores are often hypocritical and inconsisient. And this has exactly what to do with Evans?

A. His contract stipulates he be drug-tested; he knows going in that he'll be tested; he's failed at least 2 tests and may be as many as 4; he KNEW that if he tested postive the hit for him, his family, his bank account and his team would be huge.

B. Knowing all that, he engaged in behavior or was in the presence of people doing drugs that risked all that.

C. Based on all that, Evans has a serious problem. Better Josh Evans deal with that now. Football shouldn't be a priority now. Unless he wants to become Carlton Hasselrig.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Evans has smoked weed at least 4 times in the past 4 years. Thats not a problem. Possibly it is the people he is hanging around with around where he lives is the problem.

I'm rooting for EVANS. If Evans was a piece of sh*t and not a good person, then I would say he should get the punishment.

But come on, this guy is loved in the organization, in the locker room, and by the coaches. His attitude is better than a motivational speaker.

I hope the most Josh gets is 4 games suspension. This guys positive attitude and emotional leadership are 2 big qualitys that will hurt the JETS as a team if they are gone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I say let him play. Geez all this over some weed?

Is he smoking it in the locker room or on the field? Is he standing on a street corner selling kilos? The U.S. and NFL need to lighten up on the weed. I just heard Canada is going to treat it like traffic fines if you possess over a certain amount of J's

I don't know what would give Evans a test positive if he didn't smoke anything (?) Anyone remember the Seinfeld episode with the poppy seed bagel?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The N.B.A. allows it's players to smoke weed, I guess Stern realizes if he banned weed he wouldn't have any eligible players.

Josh can you shoot the rock? :lol:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I know is, the NFL is too strict with things.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes he did solidify the line last year but if he's that stupid

then I say F him and let him go because he doesn't deserve to be a JET

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ppffffffffft...

*cough cough*

sure, why not...

*cough*

...let him play.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen too many people go this off-season. I don't want to let any more players go :(

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously, this team has taken a hit, believe it or not.

And like I said losing Evans positive attitude and emotional leadership will really take a toll on this team.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 10:31 AM
    [b] Seriously, this team has taken a hit, believe it or not.

And like I said losing Evans positive attitude and emotional leadership will really take a toll on this team. [/b][/quote]
    I totally agree, losing Evans is bigger than people are making it to be. We absolutely needed him this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    GUILTY until proven innocent is unamerican! FALSE POSITIVES do and have happened in the past. FBI tests were supposedly infallable. Guess what folks? They have now been proven faulty.

Why do some of you insist that EVANS is dirty? Did the unamed sources within the NFL have authority to release this confidential info? ( confidential until proven correct via an investigation) TAGS has been silent so far. How do we know what the truth is? I am interested in the responses of those of you who have condemned EVANS. I , for one, think that IF he is proven dirty or guilty, that he should be banned for life. BUT if the NFL made a mistake and released the info prior to an investigation , a lawsuit should be inorder! :D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    its ****in weed...how many people on here that are saying its "horrible" have ever even smoked it? god damn...in fact im smoking some right now as i read this article...its not coke or heroin...its ****in pot...i hope he plays...he is one of my favorite players on the team...!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    To the "it's just pot" crowd-

The rules about testing and what you can and can't do hvae been in place for a while. There's no surprises here. If you sign an NFL contract, you know the deal coming in.

In fact, former Cowboy center Mark Stepnoski, who's now the Dallas chapter President of NORML, explains that he KNEW when he would be tested and cut back on toking with time to spare. But if you're Evans and the NFL has you on a watch list after at least 2 and may be 3 positive tests and have a serious suspension and loss of salary as a consequence, you cannot put yourself in a situation to violate the rules again. If you do, you have no one to blame but yourself.

As the the NBA-all that toking shows. There are games especially during the regular season that are just an unwatchable mess. There are careers that have ben ruined by the idea that smoking dope is no big deal. I'd even agree with decriminalizing it. But that doesn't mean using it is a great idea.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know..it's always interesting how fans perspective on things like this change with the jersey/uniform

If he's on "your" team..hey..give him another chance..the test is wrong..it's only weed, etc.

If it's someone on another team..or even better..someone on a team you hate, it's... too bad..what a jerk..he knew the rules, etc.

I know..not an answer..but hey..give him another chance!! Those teats can be wrong sometimes!! Damn it..it's only weed!! ;)