Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JETLAG

Bitter
    I don't know what happened at the end of that game Jetlag. My internet has been known to disconnect an awful lot though. Hopefully you finished that game and you'll still get the W on your record.

[quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 01:19 PM
    [b] I don't know what happened at the end of that game Jetlag. My internet has been known to disconnect an awful lot though. Hopefully you finished that game and you'll still get the W on your record. [/b][/quote]
    THAT WAS COMPLETE BS. YOU FREAKING PULLED ON ME!!!! The scenario for the rest of you to judge: Close game all along. The score is 14-17 Husk is in the lead. I score a TD with 16 seconds left in the game and MAGICALLY his connection decides to cut out on him. That was a complete disgrace, I thought you were a straight player but I guess I was wrong. Please drop out of the league if your connection is going to "disconnect" at the end of games which you have lost.

Bitonti, I REFUSE to have to play Husk in any playoff situation. That was complete and total bullsh*t.

Bitter
    Man, I know the situation looked bad with me losing with 16 seconds left but I swear to you that I didnt' disconnect. I have played Bitonti and completely got my a$$ kicked and didn't disconnect. I can't control when or if my internet disconnects. I realize that most people will judge me as a puller now but all I can say is I didn't do it but if you guys choose not to believe me then I guess I will drop out of the league at you guys' request.

I really have no response. I'm f*ckin pissed . Angry

Bitter
    I can understand you being mad but you have to believe that I didn't pull on you. I'm just not like that. I will admit that my internet is shady and I warn everyone that I play before we even set the game up. I can't say when our cable internet is supposed to be in town, they've been juking and jiving on us for 6 months now. If you guys would either A. rather have someone with a better internet connection in your league or B. don't believe a word I say and want me out of the league, just say so.

I will no longer be playing you husk. Too bad I thought you were a good player too. Unfortunately your "shady" connection is a little too coincidental for me. It's up to bitonti to keep you in or drop you from the league, but like I said Iwill not play you again.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Have to believe Husker.........don't think that was intentional.

JMO....but Husker seems to be a straight up guy. You can get disconnected at any time. Just a coincidence!!!

Bitter
    Fair enough. I'm not going to keep trying to defend myself when you have already made up your mind. If I pulled on you, do you really think I would bother coming here trying to straighten it out? Also if I was a puller, I sure as hell wouldn't have as many losses on my record as I do.

Bitter
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 01:44 PM
    [b] Have to believe Husker.........don't think that was intentional.

JMO....but Husker seems to be a straight up guy. You can get disconnected at any time. Just a coincidence!!! [/b][/quote]
    Thanks JonEJet. I appreciate that you'll trust me even though the situation pretty much points to me pulling on him. By the way Jetlag. If you went ahead and finished that game, you'll get the W on your record the next time I log on.

All Pro
    Husker doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would do this. Lag, whats the big deal you still will get the W, cut the guy some slack.

Bitter
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Vona41[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 01:49 PM
    [b] Husker doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would do this. Lag, whats the big deal you still will get the W, cut the guy some slack. [/b][/quote]
    Thanks Vona41

[quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 01:44 PM
    [b] Fair enough. I'm not going to keep trying to defend myself when you have already made up your mind. If I pulled on you, do you really think I would bother coming here trying to straighten it out? Also if I was a puller, I sure as hell wouldn't have as many losses on my record as I do. [/b][/quote]
    Maybe you came back here to save face because you knew I would think that is what happened. You seemed to have a decent record from what I recall. Either way whether you pulled or not, I don't want to deal with disconnections. It was the 4TH QTR 16 seconds left RIGHT AFTER I SCORED THE WINNING TD not 2 seconds after the game freezes and you get disconnected, whether you pulled or not that's sh*t I don't want to deal with.

Bitter
    If you don't want to deal with disconnections, you had better look into who else has dialup in the league because it will happen to them too. There's not a certain point in the game where the internet just decides to cut off. It can and will happen at any time and this is proof of that.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jetlag[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 01:24 PM
    [b] Bitonti, I REFUSE to have to play Husk in any playoff situation. That was complete and total bullsh*t. [/b][/quote]

i've played husk several times before and he's not a liar - his internet connect is gamey -

he disconected while beating me at one point so i wouldn't rush to judge on one situation.

seems to me like in this situation husk is taking blame for the DQ, conceeding victory that's fair sportsmanship in my book - people DQ and its not always a "pull"

until Sony/EA decides to not support dial up this is going to be a problem - jetlag i know its frustrating but my advice to you is to give people the benefit of the doubt - that's why we are in this league in the first place, if its not based on trust than why bother, we could just play strangers.

Bitter
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti+Jun 1 2003, 01:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (bitonti @ Jun 1 2003, 01:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jetlag[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 01:24 PM
    [b] Bitonti, I REFUSE to have to play Husk in any playoff situation. That was complete and total bullsh*t. [/b][/quote]
    i&#39;ve played husk before and his internet connect is gamey - he disconected while beating me at one point so i wouldn&#39;t rush to judge on one situation.

seems to me like in this situation husk is taking blame for the DQ, conceeding victory that&#39;s fair sportsmanship in my book - people DQ and its not always a "pull" [/b][/quote]
    Thanks Bitonti. I can undertand that he&#39;s pretty hot right now. Maybe cooler heads will prevail on this one. :unsure:

Husk, if the situation was reversed, would you not be pissed off and questioning??

Bitter
    In all honesty, I wouldn&#39;t be mad. For starters it&#39;s a video game. Second of all, I have been pulled on. Not with 16 seconds left, but when I had the game in the bag. I just finished the game and got my victory. Another thing to think about is why would I have pulled when there were 16 seconds left. I had a chance at a kickoff return for a td or a hail mary pass. I sure as hell wouldn&#39;t have just ran those 16 seconds off the clock. Alot stranger things have happened than me busting a last second kickoff for a td or hitting a deep pass to troy brown for a td.

Please don&#39;t say you wouldn&#39;t get mad because it&#39;s ONLY a video game. Then what&#39;s the point of playing a video game? The point is to win, correct? Why do you want to win, because winning gives you satisfaction or enjoyment. So the opposite is true then as well, losing causes anger, no matter how small it may be, whether you&#39;re like "Well that sucks I lost but oh well" or throwing your controller across the room and breaking things. A game is a game whether it&#39;s video or real life.

All Pro
    he said he wouldn&#39;t be mad, because he would have won...pull or no pull you got the W, which is what you play for...shake hands and move on.

Bitter
    Ok, let me ask you this. Did you lose that game? Wait, let me answer that for you. NO&#33;&#33; I conceeded defeat and if you had the sense to finish out the last 16 seconds, then you have the W on your record as I have stated 3 times now. Even if I were to pull the plug on you, it would not give you a loss. So quit acting like you lost this game. You won&#33;&#33; Now stop with the nonsense already and be happpy. :D :D :D