Thread: Riggins.........

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    How's it goin buddy?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm doing OK, I suppose. Thank you for asking [b]Jetgirl[/b], as I haven't been around the site much the last few weeks and I'm a bit out of it around here.

[b]Jetgirl[/b], you've known me--as a poster that is--for a while. Therefore, you know I rarely ever post short messages. So, in order to make this post longer, I've gotta say this: [b]How about those Mets?[/b]

They are still 5 games below .500, but they've suddenly become a more fun team to follow. I hate to say this about [b]Mo Vaughn[/b], because I've liked him as a player for a while, but it would be in the Mets best interest if he never returned to the team. Vaughn hasn't had a real long major league career, as he really didn't get going until 1993. However, the weight problems and poor work habits have caught up to him big time: While many players his age and talent are still going strong, he's basically been reduced to a shell of the player he was......Now if they can figure out a way to run some of these others useless players out of town, things will get much better ;)

Still, some of these younger players, as well as a few vets, have really given the Mets reason to be excited. The Mets minor league situation below AAA is fairly solid--particularly picthers-- and I think better days are ahead. Anyway, I hope your enjoying the Mets recent run, cause, like I said, I am.

Thanks again [b]Jetgirl[/b] [img]http://www.footballhuddles.com/vBulletin/images/smilies/wavey.gif[/img]

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Riggins, I had to go to my favorite store, Home Depot.....my weekly visit...... :P

How about them Mets! ;) Yes, I am enjoying the Mets recent run........my brother just asked me today when we were going to take in a game........before this I told him no........but now......we'll see......

I too have always liked Mo Vaughn....but maybe they are better off without him........... <_<