Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VEGAS ODDS

All League
    LOOKS LIKE VEGAS DOESN'T THINK WE HAD SUCH A BAD OFF-SEASON.

Odds to win the Super Bowl XXXVIII.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers +400

Philadelphia Eagles +400

New York Jets +700

Oakland Raiders +700

Green Bay Packers +800

Pittsburgh Steelers +1200

St Louis Rams +1200

Atlanta Falcons +1300

San Francisco 49ers +1400

Buffalo Bills +1400

Denver Broncos +1500

Indianapolis Colts +1500

Kansas City Chiefs +1500

Miami Dolphins +1600

New England Patriots +1800

Tennessee Titans +2000

New Orleans Saints +2500

New York Giants +2500

Baltimore Ravens +3000

Cleveland Browns +3000

Dallas Cowboys +3300

San Diego Chargers +3500

Washington Redskins +3500

Seattle Seahawks +4000

Chicago Bears +4500

Minnesota Vikings +5000

Jacksonville Jaguars +6600

Carolina Panthers +7500

Arizona Cardinals +20000

Cincinatti Bengals +20000

Detroit Lions +25000

Houston Texans +30000

All League
    Drake, for about the 19th time, and I'll try to use small words so you will finally get it. Las Vegas isn't making any predictions, they are merely setting odds that will encourage betting on both sides of a given bet. If enough delusional NYers are betting that 34 years of futility are coming to an end, Vegas will lower the odds to encourage betting on the other side. They have no insight on any team, nor do they care. Their ultimate goal is to have as much money on one side of a bet as their is on the other side.

BTW initial odds are set by an expert who, again, is not predicting who will win, but rather where the initial odds should be set to get even betting on both sides of a bet.

Thanks for providing the information, but it isn't an indication of how the season will work out. Its just an indication of what the bettors are thinking.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by patsfanken[/i]@May 31 2003, 10:42 PM
    [b] Drake, for about the 19th time, and I'll try to use small words so you will finally get it. Las Vegas isn't making any predictions, they are merely setting odds that will encourage betting on both sides of a given bet. If enough delusional NYers are betting that 34 years of futility are coming to an end, Vegas will lower the odds to encourage betting on the other side. They have no insight on any team, nor do they care. Their ultimate goal is to have as much money on one side of a bet as their is on the other side.

BTW initial odds are set by an expert who, again, is not predicting who will win, but rather where the initial odds should be set to get even betting on both sides of a bet.

Thanks for providing the information, but it isn't an indication of how the season will work out. Its just an indication of what the bettors are thinking. [/b][/quote]
    Well........di*khead....

It does show you an outsiders view of what the hell is going on!!!!!!!!

Obviously, someone.......along with me..........thinks the Pats will suck!!

Banned
    [b] Drake, for about the 19th time, and I'll try to use small words so you will finally get it. Las Vegas isn't making any predictions, they are merely setting odds that will encourage betting on both sides of a given bet. If enough delusional NYers are betting that 34 years of futility are coming to an end, Vegas will lower the odds to encourage betting on the other side. They have no insight on any team, nor do they care. Their ultimate goal is to have as much money on one side of a bet as their is on the other side.

Thanks for providing the information, but it isn't an indication of how the season will work out. Its just an indication of what the bettors are thinking. [/b][/quote]
    Listen Patsfanken, if this JETS fan wants to get excited over this and state that Vegas favors the JETS then let him.

Obviously Vegas odds favor the JETS, which can mean nothing or something it doesn't matter.

But don't come down on A JETS FAN, ON A JETS message board, FOR GETTING EXCITED.

Your a punk who gets frustrated over nothing.

Vegas baby Veagas.

Oh Stop crying pats will ya? Fact is, we are the team to beat in the AFC East.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

New York Jets +700

Money talks.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by patsfanken[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 02:42 AM

YEAH THIS COMING FROM A TURD THAT MAKES SURE HE POINTS OUT THAT SOME NO-KNOWLEDGE ASS LIKE PRISCO PUTS OUT A TOP 50 LIST WITH NO JET ON IT, AND HE IS ALL OVER THAT A MAGAZINE COMES OUT IN MAY AND PICKS THE JETS LAST............PATSFANKEN....WHAT A DICK!

[quote][i]Originally posted by JumbalayaJet[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 12:01 AM
    [b] New York Jets +700

Money talks. [/b][/quote]
    Love it. LOVE IT :D

Get a grip bro, if what you're saying were true then the predictions would pretty much be the same every year!

You think they just pull the early predictions out of a hat? These guys jobs depend on their call.

Oh! BTW...spin class has been canceled for all you patsy fans. the teacher said you do enough spinning on your own.

All League
    [b]"Listen Patsfanken, if this JETS fan wants to get excited over this and state that Vegas favors the JETS then let him.

Obviously Vegas odds favor the JETS, which can mean nothing or something it doesn't matter.

But don't come down on A JETS FAN, ON A JETS message board, FOR GETTING EXCITED.

Your a punk who gets frustrated over nothing." [/b]

Your point is well taken, JM (right up to the insult part) ;) I was just trying to educate people on how Vegas works and how betting lines are set everywhere. It has nothing to do with how any expert views your team's prospects for the coming season. We have both seen several "predictions" for our respective teams placing them both first and last in the division. It is really just a mind game performed by "experts" who have nothing better to do during his off season.

DBAKE - Have one of your little buddies teach you how to take the "cap lock" off line. It's impolite to yell. Then learn to get your facts even marginally correct. I DID NOT post the prisco article and but I did post that I thought it was ridiculous. Also he didn't pick any Pats players either. I did not post any article that predicted the Jets finishing last in the division. As I said above, all these articles are just filler and their opinions are no better than ours. BTW - Before you call anyone a Dick, you'd first better get your facts straight, otherwise you're the one who ends up looking like a Dick...... and stop yelling

Maxman
    Ken:
    Not sure if you guys have a history of bad blood or not. But the reason that he used Cap Locks is probably because you were so nasty to him in your inital response.

I'll try to use small words is what you said to him.

The guy started a thread about the Jets on a Jets Message Board. If this annoys you, you really should just leave. Cut him some slack and get off your soapbox.

All Pro
    Name one person outside of New England who will put thier money behind the Pats? Face it Pats fans, you suck, your team sucks. How long are you expecting your junkyard creation football team to last?

[quote][i]Originally posted by PhillyJetsPhanatic[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 10:22 AM
    [b] Face it Pats fans, you suck, your team sucks. How long are you expecting your junkyard creation football team to last? [/b][/quote]
    This being the team that finished 9-7 last year(same as your team) ,along with the defending SB champ schedule, and everyone bringing their A game.....also with a slew of injuries....

Great post Einstein....

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by New England Hick+Jun 1 2003, 10:30 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (New England Hick @ Jun 1 2003, 10:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--PhillyJetsPhanatic[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 10:22 AM
    [b] Face it Pats fans, you suck, your team sucks. How long are you expecting your junkyard creation football team to last? [/b][/quote]
    This being the team that finished 9-7 last year(same as your team) ,along with the defending SB champ schedule, and everyone bringing their A game.....also with a slew of injuries....

Great post Einstein.... [/b][/quote]
    Granted the Patys had 2 great games in which they dominated a Kordell Stewart led Steelers, and the JETS who at that time would have lost to the worst college Football team.

Then they almost lost to the Chiefs.

Then they got dominated by a suspect dolpihns team.

Then they almost lost to a horrible bears team.

They dominated a BIlls team whose defense suck horribly Twice and when the JETS were horrible the Bills still couldn&#39;t beat them.

They lost to a San Diego team that was overrated and got exposed by the J-E-T-S.

They were dominated by a Green Bay team, that the JETS dominated.

In the Denver game, if anyone watched it, the game was not nearly as close as the score said so.

Got rocked by the Raiders.

Beat Minnesota (oh yeh, they were a tough team, NOT&#33;)

Beat Detroit ( Another tough team, hahahahahahaha)

Got rocked by Tennesee. T

hen they JETS messed them up. The only reason the score was even that close, was becasue of Kevin Faulks kick return for a TD.

Then came the Bitter sweet win against a crazed and confused Miami Dolphin team to help the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS into the playoffs.

Great Post Steven Hawking.

If you want to go that route, I could bring up the Jesticle - Bills games, while the Pats dominated them TWICE....

Try again imbecile....

[quote][i]Originally posted by New England Hick[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 11:30 AM
    [b] If you want to go that route, I could bring up the Jesticle - Bills games, while the Pats dominated them TWICE....

Try again imbecile.... [/b][/quote]
    NEH, the Jets swept the Bills in 2002 ... try again. :D

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Jun 1 2003, 11:37 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Green Jets & Ham @ Jun 1 2003, 11:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--New England Hick[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 11:30 AM
    [b] If you want to go that route, I could bring up the Jesticle - Bills games, while the Pats dominated them TWICE....

Try again imbecile.... [/b][/quote]
    NEH, the Jets swept the Bills in 2002 ... try again. :D [/b][/quote]
    My point was....you barely beat them while the Pats dominated them....
    It was in response to JetsD-nomind&#39;s post referring to the fact that the Jet&#39;s dominated certain teams that the Pats barely got past....

All Pro
    Who cares who lost to who...facts are facts, Jets won the division, patriots came in second. Our division is the toughest in football, hands down. Every team in our division could be a playoff team. Last year the Jets were the better team, bottomline, no arguments.

Hall Of Fame
    They&#39;ve dropped from 12-1 to 7-1 since March. Patty Guy is right this far- the odds reflect the money wagered rather than predictions. People have put enough cash on the Jets to lower the odds such that Vegas bookies have cut the potential payoff to cover themselves(which we hope will become more important soemtime around the end of January, 2004).