Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Clemens.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I highly doubt that fat george will see that as the bottom line!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks lke theo jumped first, JBF...do you think that trade was necassary.

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet/BosoxFan[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 06:24 PM
    [b] And I notice that Soriano (1-7 through 16 innings) has committed 2 more errors. He is about to dip below the .300 mark as well. Explain to me again why you all unanimously think that Alphonso will be the starting 2nd baseman at the All Star Game?!?!

-Go Tigers!!!
    -Let the NYY mass firing party begin!!!
    -Todd Walker for 2nd baseman!!!

Lastly:
    Do us all a huge favor JonEJoke...predict the Jets to come in last place and the Fish to win the AFC East. The collective JI bunch will owe you one big time! [/b][/quote]
    Alphonso has 6 or 7 errors on the season after today. He is the best hitting second baseman in baseball. These are the reasons that he deserves to start.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice timing for that HR, fonzie :D

Maxman
    Damn I am just waiting to see how this Vinny and JohnE thing turns out.

Jet/Bosox...kudos to you. You have managed to turn Yankee fan against Yankee fan on a Jets message board. I didn't think it was possible.

Once again I underestimated you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Vona41[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 06:47 PM
    [b] looks lke theo jumped first, JBF...do you think that trade was necassary. [/b][/quote]
    Necessary? Yes, of course. I wasnt a big Hillenbrand guy. I would have rather traded him now for something worthwhile than sat on his miniscule contract for 3 years, then be forced to pay him.

He is a fast (April/May) starter...he'll taper off eventually. BK, I hope, will be our closer. That will be a tough sell though, because he badly wants to start. Luckily for him...2/5ths of our rotation is complete garbage, so a starting position is likely his.

I wont judge him by his 1-5 record in AZ...he had no run support. Nor do I know much about him other than his WS meltdowns...

I would have much preferred to package Shea later on to get, say Schilling for a stretch run...but I doubt he'll be available. There aren't too many other viable options, so I like this move more than not. Lots of BoSox fans are big Shea guys though...many of them hate this move.

All in all, Theo's good moves far outweigh his bad ones...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    not bad...i'll buy that

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Vinny025[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 06:34 PM
    [b] Cause jet/bosox fan, JohnE is a moron. Havent you learned that yet? He runs from people like a puss and dont know when to keep his trap shut. He dont represent us yankee fans proudly. [/b][/quote]
    Vinny,

You are good at one thing in life, and run around talking sh*t all day long.

Guys like you are a dime a dozen...........You are good at one thing.........but lack something somewhere else.......size comes to mind. Probabaly feel inferior about the size of you Johnson...or lack thereof!!

BlowMe........you have a gash between your legs....thats all I can figure about you&#33;&#33; <_<

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b]Alphonso has 6 or 7 errors on the season after today. He is the best hitting second baseman in baseball. These are the reasons that he deserves to start. [/b]

So HR production outweighs batting average and bonehead errors? Soriano has 7 after today...by the way.

I always though batting average was more important than HRs for the All Star vote. And I expected you people to say because AS has name recognition over the likes of Todd Walker, but I guess I&#39;ll have to settle for the "he is the greatest player ever" card.

Jeter, Williams, Rivera and Giambi wont be making it right? I dont see how it is possible for any of them to make it if Joe Torre isnt appointing them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Maxman[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 06:56 PM
    [b] Damn I am just waiting to see how this Vinny and JohnE thing turns out.

Jet/Bosox...kudos to you. You have managed to turn Yankee fan against Yankee fan on a Jets message board. I didn&#39;t think it was possible.

Once again I underestimated you. [/b][/quote]
    it was only a matter of time before NYY fans from around the globe became incensed at JonEJoke for his outlandish predictions that seemingly spell doom for the Bronx Bombers.

I feel as if I had nothing to do with that...I didnt tell him to start any of his ill-conceived threads.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    JetBlowSawx starting American League All Star Team&#33;&#33;

Pitchers
    NUM NAME POS BAT THW AGE HT WT BORN
    19 John Burkett P R R 38 6-2 211 NEW BRIGHTON, PA
    52 Bruce Chen P L L 25 6-2 214 PANAMA CITY, Panama
    43 Alan Embree P L L 33 6-2 190 THE DALLES, OR
    23 Casey Fossum P L L 25 6-1 160 CHERRY HILL, NJ
    32 Derek Lowe P R R 30 6-6 205 DEARBORN, MI
    38 Brandon Lyon P R R 23 6-1 175 SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    45 Pedro Martinez (DL) P R R 31 5-11 170 MANO GUAYABO, DR
    55 Ramiro Mendoza P R R 30 6-2 170 LOS SANTOS, Panama
    31 Robert Person P R R 34 6-0 195 SAINT LOUIS, MO
    17 Rudy Seanez P R R 34 5-11 205 BRAWLEY, CA
    50 Mike Timlin P R R 37 6-4 210 MIDLAND, TX
    49 Tim Wakefield P R R 36 6-2 215 MELBOURNE, FL
    71 Matt White P R L 25 6-1 180 Pittsfield, MA
    Lets not forget the ultimate closer......BK

Catchers
    28 Doug Mirabelli C R R 32 6-1 228 KINGMAN, AZ
    33 Jason Varitek C S R 31 6-2 230 ROCHESTER, MI

Infielders
    5 Nomar Garciaparra SS R R 29 6-0 185 WHITTIER, CA
    2 Damian Jackson 2B R R 29 5-11 185 LOS ANGELES, CA
    15 Kevin Millar 1B R R 31 6-0 206 LOS ANGELES, CA
    11 Bill Mueller 3B S R 32 5-10 180 MARYLAND HEIGHTS, MO
    34 David Ortiz 1B L L 27 6-4 230 SANTO DOMINGO, DR
    12 Todd Walker 2B L R 30 6-0 190 BAKERSFIELD, CA

Outfielders
    18 Johnny Damon CF L L 29 6-2 190 FORT RILEY, KS
    25 Jeremy Giambi DH L L 28 6-0 205 SAN JOSE, CA
    7 Trot Nixon RF L L 29 6-2 210 DURHAM, NC
    24 Manny Ramirez LF R R 31 6-0 205 SANTO DOMINGO, DR

Coaching Staff
    NUM NAME
    43 Grady Little Manager
    36 Tony Cloninger Pitching Coach
    Ron Jackson Hitting Coach

Why even have another player on the team. The way you make it sound, the Sawx have all star players at every position. And their backups could start on every other team&#33;&#33; <_<

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    thats classic

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet/BosoxFan[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 07:05 PM
    [b] [b]Alphonso has 6 or 7 errors on the season after today. He is the best hitting second baseman in baseball. These are the reasons that he deserves to start. [/b]

So HR production outweighs batting average and bonehead errors? Soriano has 7 after today...by the way.

I always though batting average was more important than HRs for the All Star vote. And I expected you people to say because AS has name recognition over the likes of Todd Walker, but I guess I&#39;ll have to settle for the "he is the greatest player ever" card.

Jeter, Williams, Rivera and Giambi wont be making it right? I dont see how it is possible for any of them to make it if Joe Torre isnt appointing them. [/b][/quote]
    Soriano has 7 errors
    Walker has 7 errors

Another quote from Jets/Bosox

"So HR production outweighs batting average and bonehead errors? Soriano has 7 after today...by the way."

Considering the fact that Offensive numbers were all that mattered when you were comparing Jeter and Nomar then I guess Jeter is better since he is a better fielder than Nomar, a better baserunner than Nomar and better in the clutch than Nomar. Nomar only has offensive numbers but then again that is all that matters. Correct.

I&#39;m sure you were joking about the Soriano, Walker comparison but just thought I would bring this to your attention. :D

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet/BosoxFan[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 07:05 PM
    [b] Alphonso

likes of Todd Walker [/b][/quote]
    You have just proved yourself to be the biggest homer.

For you to say Alphonso, and Todd Walker in the same breath is absolutely idiotic&#33;&#33;

Soriano has the quickest bat in the game. Outside ARod, there is NO ONE I would take over him......right now.....NO ONE&#33;&#33;&#33; Best player in baseball this side of ARod&#33;&#33;

Not Bonds
    Not Helton
    Not Sammy
    No One&#33;&#33;

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    JBF, who you trying to kid pal ... you would cut off a nut for the opportunity to put THE GREAT ALFONSO SORIANO in a Red Sox uniform.

Repeat after me ... Alfonso Soriano can easily become the greatest power hitting 2nd Baseman in the history of MLB ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    JBF, as for the All-Star Game, I suggest you get used to the idea ... Alfonso Soriano will be a fixture in that game for most of your adult life. :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh that&#39;s hysterical JonEJoke...your comedy ONLY takes a back seat to your baseball predictions.

if you must know:
    JBF&#39;s starting AL all star team:

C- G Myers, I guess...

1st- Delgado (no contest)

2nd- T Walker/A Soriano, though he doesnt necessarily deserve it.

SS- Nomar/ARod/Guillen (in that order)

3rd- B Mueller/Blalock (toss up)

L- Carl Neverhitt/M Ramirez/Byrnes
    C- R Baldelli/M Mora
    R- Ichiro/J. Jones

No: Jeter or Bernie, they missed too much time.

No Tejada, Vizquel, Giambi, Chavez, Konerko or T Hunter...they&#39;ve totally sucked thus far&#33;

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet/BosoxFan[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 07:34 PM
    [b] 2nd- T Walker/A Soriano, though he doesnt necessarily deserve it. [/b][/quote]
    LMAO&#33;&#33; :lol:

The only way Todd Walker is making that team is if Soriano insist upon a ticket for his caddy. :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b]I&#39;m sure you were joking about the Soriano, Walker comparison but just thought I would bring this to your attention[/b].

I was only half-joking about the comparison...of course I am aware Soriano will get voted in to start at 2nd base this year and many more to come...and I know he is ten times the player Todd Walker can ever hope to be. Furthermore, I am aware that fielding % has very little, if anything to do with All Star appearances...

However...if we are to objectively judge each AL 2nd baseman by his hitting prowess THIS YEAR alone, and factor in errors as well...Walker beats him out as of today.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@Jun 1 2003, 07:28 PM
    [b]
    You have just proved yourself to be the biggest homer.

For you to say Alphonso, and Todd Walker in the same breath is absolutely idiotic&#33;&#33;

Soriano has the quickest bat in the game. Outside ARod, there is NO ONE I would take over him......right now.....NO ONE&#33;&#33;&#33; Best player in baseball this side of ARod&#33;&#33;

Not Bonds
    Not Helton
    Not Sammy
    No One&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    I would rather have AS over Helton and Sosa too...

but you are saying you&#39;d rather have Soriano&#39;s bat in your lineup than that of Bonds, Guerrero, and Ichiro...

and you are calling me a homer?