Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willis is in, Can Clemens get in?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that Dontrell Willis will be in the all-star game, thanks to another Kevin Brown injury.

Is there any chance that an american league pitcher can get a hangnail and step out so that Roger rightfully plays in The All-Star Game.

I'm not a big Clemens fan and I certainly don't care much for The All-Star Game but Roger deserves a great sendoff because he's truly been one of the games greatest ever at his position.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I completely agree....I was hoping MLB would give him one of their exemption/exception deals but Selig has hid head up his a$$.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geez YoungMetsFan...you're really turning this sickening display of Yankee bandwagon-hopping up a notch, huh?

fat roger isnt going to be anywhere near the ASG. But if it is a "great sendoff" you want, far be it for us fans to deprive you...maybe at the end of the season you can help us all push this HUGE whale back into the ocean like in Free Willy

TomShane
    Another TomShane Prediction:::

There is NO freaking way Roger leaves 10 mil on the table and retires. He will pitch another 2-3 years before he hangs them up, and no doubt he finishes up pitching for the Rangers or Astros.

You heard it here first.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bosox, The guy should be an all star. Guys that have a career as his should be sent out right. I would go as far as to say he should start the game. Just because the guy is a jerk in some respects is no reason not to honor his accomplishments.

The way he conducted himself off the field has been excelent also. He had one bar fight, and 1 thousand hospital visits to see children, Autograph sessions to raise money for children and while in Winter Haven was very generous in signing.

Just becasue he wanted to be the GM and manager in Boston is no reason that a 300 game winner should not go out right.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, I actually agree about the whole "ambassador to the game" thing you guys are talking about...

but then Pedro deserves to go as well. And where does it stop? These veteran guys would rather go home and chill for awhile than go to Chicago and deal with all that crap

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Be realistic Yank fans. Do you want your homefield advantage in the WS coming down to Roger facing Bonds in the 9th of the All-Star game?

Roger does not deserve to go as even a replacement. He does deserve to go as an Honorary Captain and to be recognized when the teams are introduced.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pedro is not retiring however. I am older than most of you and I remember baseball use to do it all the time.

Maxman
    Originally posted by Jet/BosoxFan@Jul 12 2003, 08:52 AM
    yeah, I actually agree about the whole "ambassador to the game" thing you guys are talking about...

but then Pedro deserves to go as well. And where does it stop? These veteran guys would rather go home and chill for awhile than go to Chicago and deal with all that crap
    Bosox:
    I think Patman says that Roger should go because it is his last season. I really think future Hall Of Famers should get special treatment in their last season.

I don't see any harm in that.

Hell the kid from the Blue Jays has been told not to pitch. Let him stay home then. That is my biggest pet peeve. If you are going to play then don't go.

Maxman
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Jul 12 2003, 09:22 AM
    Be realistic Yank fans. Do you want your homefield advantage in the WS coming down to Roger facing Bonds in the 9th of the All-Star game?

Roger does not deserve to go as even a replacement. He does deserve to go as an Honorary Captain and to be recognized when the teams are introduced.
    I would rather have the Yankees fate decided by a Yankee.

If a Boston player is up in a big spot will they even try? Seriously they know if they make the World Series, history has proven that they will lose it in Game 7. Wouldn't Boston rather lose Game 7 on the road, to spare their fans all that agony?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    fat roger had his day in the sun with his 300th win circus. Actually it was more like a month and a half in the sun, since his teammates WHO HATE HIM didnt allow him to get it for what seemed like an eternity. Its old news and we've all moved on...the last venue for him should be the ASG. How about he gives someone else the spotlight for 5 minutes???

Hopefully he wont be heard from again until 5 years down the road when he is forced to wear a BoSox hat into the HOF.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jet/BosoxFan@Jul 12 2003, 04:18 PM
    fat roger had his day in the sun with his 300th win circus. Actually it was more like a month and a half in the sun, since his teammates WHO HATE HIM didnt allow him to get it for what seemed like an eternity. Its old news and we've all moved on...the last venue for him should be the ASG. How about he gives someone else the spotlight for 5 minutes???

Hopefully he wont be heard from again until 5 years down the road when he is forced to wear a BoSox hat into the HOF.
    The one trick pony chimes in again. I think the most astounding statistic of all isn't Roger's pitching totals, nor is it anything to do with baseball or football at all. I am wondering what percentage of your useless waste of time posts are simply bashing the Yankees. I would be willing to bet it is at least 98%. most likely 99%. Perhaps instead of looking up your Mariano Rivera bashing posts, shawn306 could have looked up these #'s instead. They would be far more interesting.

And on another note, I noticed your post on the sausage girl being cute. Seeing as she's only about 12 yrs old, this could only mean one of 2 things:

1. You're a closet pedophile. Which, although you act like a scumbag, I doubt you are a pedophile.

2. More likely, you are also about 12 yrs old which would make more sense seeing the quality of your childish posts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares, the whole stupid game is a joke. The game has such big implications and the whole process is screwed.

#1 Im sorry but when homefield advantage in the world series is on the line the game is not the "FANS" game anymore. The game is now important. THe fans should not be voting anymore. THe managers and players should be selecting the best players.... Because of the fans voting you have Matsui starting - who deserves to be there perhaps, but definetly not as a starter - when G. Anderson should be starting.... Likewise now that the game is significant you cant have these pretty sendoffs for former greats like clemens or whomever... Clemens shouldnt be there... I bet if homefield were on the line 2 years ago baseballl would still have started cal ripken at SS with his .210 batting average.... The whole thing is retarded.

#2 THey have to get rid of this ridiculous representative from every team rule. Its such a joke.... The thought that homefield in the world series may be in the hands of Lance Carter is very scary, meanwhile a great like Mariano Rivera will be sitting home watching..... And i hear people saying that Lance Carter wont be in the game in a big spot, true but how about if Scioscia gives him one batter in the 6th inning or so and he gives up a home run that proves to be the game winning run? It can happen....

I just dont know why baseball would do the logical thing and just give homefield to the team with the better record....

O well, just my 2 cents.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boozer76+Jul 12 2003, 04:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Boozer76 @ Jul 12 2003, 04:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jet/BosoxFan@Jul 12 2003, 04:18 PM
    fat roger had his day in the sun with his 300th win circus. Actually it was more like a month and a half in the sun, since his teammates WHO HATE HIM didnt allow him to get it for what seemed like an eternity. Its old news and we&#39;ve all moved on...the last venue for him should be the ASG. How about he gives someone else the spotlight for 5 minutes???

The one trick pony chimes in again. I think the most astounding statistic of all isn&#39;t Roger&#39;s pitching totals, nor is it anything to do with baseball or football at all. I am wondering what percentage of your useless waste of time posts are simply bashing the Yankees. I would be willing to bet it is at least 98%. most likely 99%. Perhaps instead of looking up your Mariano Rivera bashing posts, shawn306 could have looked up these #&#39;s instead. They would be far more interesting.

And on another note, I noticed your post on the sausage girl being cute. Seeing as she&#39;s only about 12 yrs old, this could only mean one of 2 things:

1. You&#39;re a closet pedophile. Which, although you act like a scumbag, I doubt you are a pedophile.

2. More likely, you are also about 12 yrs old which would make more sense seeing the quality of your childish posts. [/b][/quote]
    Mandy Block, the sausage girl, is 19...I am 25. She is a little young for me, but that doesnt exactly make me a sex offender. I can see why she may look 12 to a bitter, stodgy, drunken, old fart like yourself...but that is certainly no reason to throw those types of allegations around. When you do so, you make light of the hideous crimes of legit. sex offenders.

Plus, you really do sound like a whiny old man&#33;

Dont worry, Boozebag, you wont hear me complaining when my girlfriend wins the "Girl Next Door" prize for her and I and you drool all over your keyboard wishing you were 25 again. I will simply thank you for your support.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jet/BosoxFan+Jul 12 2003, 04:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jet/BosoxFan @ Jul 12 2003, 04:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Boozer76@Jul 12 2003, 04:26 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Jet/BosoxFan
    @Jul 12 2003, 04:18 PM
    fat roger had his day in the sun with his 300th win circus. Actually it was more like a month and a half in the sun, since his teammates WHO HATE HIM didnt allow him to get it for what seemed like an eternity. Its old news and we&#39;ve all moved on...the last venue for him should be the ASG. How about he gives someone else the spotlight for 5 minutes???

The one trick pony chimes in again. I think the most astounding statistic of all isn&#39;t Roger&#39;s pitching totals, nor is it anything to do with baseball or football at all. I am wondering what percentage of your useless waste of time posts are simply bashing the Yankees. I would be willing to bet it is at least 98%. most likely 99%. Perhaps instead of looking up your Mariano Rivera bashing posts, shawn306 could have looked up these #&#39;s instead. They would be far more interesting.

And on another note, I noticed your post on the sausage girl being cute. Seeing as she&#39;s only about 12 yrs old, this could only mean one of 2 things:

1. You&#39;re a closet pedophile. Which, although you act like a scumbag, I doubt you are a pedophile.

2. More likely, you are also about 12 yrs old which would make more sense seeing the quality of your childish posts.
    Mandy Block, the sausage girl, is 19...I am 25. She is a little young for me, but that doesnt exactly make me a sex offender. I can see why she may look 12 to a bitter, stodgy, drunken, old fart like yourself...but that is certainly no reason to throw those types of allegations around. When you do so, you make light of the hideous crimes of legit. sex offenders.

Dont worry, Boozebag, you wont hear me complaining when my girlfriend wins the "Girl Next Door" prize for her and I and you drool all over your keyboard wishing you were 25 again. I will simply thank you for your support. [/b][/quote]
    You dumbass. I&#39;m 26. If you don&#39;t believe me, you can ask Limolady, Jetgirl, BrenJetsfan, 4-HCrew, or Boozin Boozer, Tailgators, etc....all of whom I have met in person at the Jets draft party at Poor Billy&#39;s.

As far as the Girl Next Door prize, my fiancee is very pretty. Again you can ask the above people. I don&#39;t need to parade her in front of a bunch of guys to validate my self worth.

Uhhhh.....as you say....."Thanks for playing" <_< <_< <_<

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boozer76+Jul 12 2003, 05:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Boozer76 @ Jul 12 2003, 05:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Jet/BosoxFan@Jul 12 2003, 04:57 PM
    Originally posted by -Boozer76@Jul 12 2003, 04:26 PM
    <!--QuoteBegin--Jet/BosoxFan
    @Jul 12 2003, 04:18 PM

Dont worry, Boozebag, you wont hear me complaining when my girlfriend wins the "Girl Next Door" prize for her and I and you drool all over your keyboard wishing you were 25 again. I will simply thank you for your support.
    You dumbass. I&#39;m 26. If you don&#39;t believe me, you can ask Limolady, Jetgirl, BrenJetsfan, 4-HCrew, or Boozin Boozer, Tailgators, etc....all of whom I have met in person at the Jets draft party at Poor Billy&#39;s.

As far as the Girl Next Door prize, my fiancee is very pretty. Again you can ask the above people. I don&#39;t need to parade her in front of a bunch of guys to validate my self worth.

Uhhhh.....as you say....."Thanks for playing" <_< <_< <_< [/b][/quote]
    I dont have to ask anyone...I will believe you that you&#39;re 26. Nor do I give a flying F what your unlucky lady looks like...

just dont call me a pedophile for wanting to bag a 19-year old.

I dont need to parade my g/f to validate my self worth either. But I do need to do it to score tickets to see a Jets-Dolphins game in Miami. So now that I&#39;ve spent more time on you than I EVER had hoped to...you may officially get lost. Feel free to NEVER respond to my posts again either. At least Max and JonEJinx are FUN to spar with...Geez Louise&#33;&#33;&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by patman@Jul 12 2003, 01:06 PM
    Pedro is not retiring however. I am older than most of you and I remember baseball use to do it all the time.
    They did it recently for Cal Ripken. He didn&#39;t deserve to go, but "others" voted him in, only because he was retiring.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    max just to clarify Roy Halliday&#39;s team asked MLB to not pitch him, and they said no, it wasn&#39;t something the team could control

i agree that if he wasn&#39;t going than Roger should go but unless Roy pulls himself with an injury (not likely) he is going to pitch, might even start, might even see most of the innings.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jet/BosoxFan@Jul 12 2003, 04:18 PM

You do realize that this post "blares" loudly that you are very unhappy that he left (was forced out) and even unhappier that he found success (3 Cy Young&#39;s) afterwards. SO, we all finally realize that your rantings are nothing more then the sounds and crys of a jealous BoSox fan, forced to suffer one indignity after another.

Wait for 2 years down the road, when Nomar and Pedro leave, or, in Pedro&#39;s case, is shown the door. I bet he becomes the early favorite to win the Cy Young the year after he&#39;s out of Boston. B)

And he probably will do it too&#33;&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Jul 12 2003, 09:22 AM

good point...Lets leave it up to Lance Carter and Mike Macdougal