Thread: Redsox abusing the DL....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some teams have filed complaints with the commissioners office claiming that the Red Sox are misusing the Disabled List. For example, John Wasdin refused to go on the DL and was since traded. Other players have been put on against their will, simply because they are slumping. Stanley ? Offerman ? O'Leary ? R Martinez ? Fassero ? Schourek ? Hatteberg ? Lewis ? Pedro ? Rose ? have all been put on the DL with questionable injuries. The Sox may be and SHOULD BE fined up to $2 million dollars if they are found guilty of circumventing the rules.

Tonight Manny Rameriz tried to catch a routine fly ball tonight but instead turned and fell on his face.

Manny was later pulled from the game with a "quad injury" <_< and is listed day to day :lol:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    ....let the whining begin&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    In all honesty, many teams pull this trick to gain a roster spot before Sept. 1, when the rosters go to 40. This buys time to replace a slumping player.

It&#39;s been done for decades. Perhaps some are more blatant than others, but everyone does it from time to time.

No big deal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Smizzy[/i]@Jul 30 2003, 02:07 AM
    [b] Some teams have filed complaints with the commissioners office claiming that the Red Sox are misusing the Disabled List. For example, John Wasdin refused to go on the DL and was since traded. Other players have been put on against their will, simply because they are slumping. Stanley ? Offerman ? O&#39;Leary ? R Martinez ? Fassero ? Schourek ? Hatteberg ? Lewis ? Pedro ? Rose ? have all been put on the DL with questionable injuries. The Sox may be and SHOULD BE fined up to &#036;2 million dollars if they are found guilty of circumventing the rules.

Tonight Manny Rameriz tried to catch a routine fly ball tonight but instead turned and fell on his face.

Manny was later pulled from the game with a "quad injury" <_< and is listed day to day :lol: [/b][/quote]
    you forgot some, smizzy...

Former Red Sock, light-hitting pile of dog crap Craig Grebeck spent 2 months on the DL in 2000 with a recurring "inflamed elbow." But if some whiny Yankee fan is going to go to the "Red Sox abuse the DL" card...it is indicative that this is THE YEAR&#33;&#33;&#33;

But if I were a Yankee fan, I would NEVER talk about "circumventing the rules" for obvious reasons.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a tissue George.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet/BosoxFan[/i]@Jul 30 2003, 09:13 AM
    [b]

But if I were a Yankee fan, I would NEVER talk about "circumventing the rules" for obvious reasons. [/b][/quote]
    OK...I&#39;ll bite.

What rules are you insinuating are being broken by the Yankees?

(I better be sitting for this...I&#39;m afraid your response might put you in a whole new realm of blind homerism.) <_<

BB

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Buffboy+Jul 30 2003, 10:04 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Buffboy @ Jul 30 2003, 10:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Jet/BosoxFan[/i]@Jul 30 2003, 09:13 AM
    [b]

But if I were a Yankee fan, I would NEVER talk about "circumventing the rules" for obvious reasons. [/b][/quote]
    OK...I&#39;ll bite.

What rules are you insinuating are being broken by the Yankees?

(I better be sitting for this...I&#39;m afraid your response might put you in a whole new realm of blind homerism.) <_<

BB[/b][/quote]
    The Yankees are not breaking any rules, period. The Red Sox are really only guilty of breaking one rule:

[color=red][SIZE=3][font=Arial]WINNING AFTER THE ALL STAR BREAK[/font][/color][/SIZE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jet-BoSox Man -

Please, please, please do a fellow Red Sox fan a favor and refrain from proclaiming that this is THE YEAR&#33; I&#39;m as timid as they come in regards to being a true Sox fan......so please, please DON&#39;T jinx our team&#33;

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Garbanza[/i]@Jul 30 2003, 10:19 AM
    [b] Jet-BoSox Man -

Please, please, please do a fellow Red Sox fan a favor and refrain from proclaiming that this is THE YEAR&#33; I&#39;m as timid as they come in regards to being a true Sox fan......so please, please DON&#39;T jinx our team&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Ditto

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Garbanza[/i]@Jul 30 2003, 10:19 AM
    [b] Jet-BoSox Man -

Please, please, please do a fellow Red Sox fan a favor and refrain from proclaiming that this is THE YEAR&#33; I&#39;m as timid as they come in regards to being a true Sox fan......so please, please DON&#39;T jinx our team&#33; [/b][/quote]
    you&#39;re right Garbanza...that was completely my bad. What was that phrase that Bob Lobel offered Bob Ryan on the air after the Jumanji Kidd comment???

Oh right, May I have a "Mulligan" on that one?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are right....if you dont have a good manager or even a half way decent general manager this is the way to run your professional franchise <_< you know so you dont look like the BENGALS.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Jet/bosoxfan:you forgot some, smizzy...

Former Red Sock, light-hitting pile of dog crap Craig Grebeck spent 2 months on the DL in 2000 with a recurring "inflamed elbow." But if some whiny Yankee fan is going to go to the "Red Sox abuse the DL" card...it is indicative that this is THE YEAR&#33;&#33;&#33;[/b][/quote]

so you admit im right?

I would never use any excuse if the sox take over the AL east
    and go on to win a world series championship....thats not my style,i cant say that for all the yankee fans but for me you wont get excuses.....i would simply tell you what im telling you now..

..your team would have to turn its whole franchise around and win atleast 15 world series to even come close to the respect the yankee earned and get from me and all their fans around the world.

THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN&#33;&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    MLB has one of the most laid back DL procedures in professional sports. This is a result. All teams are guilty.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Jul 30 2003, 05:32 PM
    [b] MLB has one of the most laid back DL procedures in professional sports. This is a result. All teams are guilty. [/b][/quote]
    some more than others and the sox most of all.