Thread: Giants Stad. New Field

Undrafted Free Agent
    Anyone know how the new Field Turf will be painted??

With yardline markers and endzones. Usually the yardlines are painted in white and the endzones in the team name/logo.

Just busting your chops buddy noticing this is your first post, welcome aboard!!! :D :D :D I don't foresee any noticeable design changes ith the new turf.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

We actually stood on the new "high holy ground" a couple of weeks ago @The Meadowlands. ;)

Looks and feels great and they got rid of all the divot holes on the field. The outer grid lines were completed, but at the time no yardage markers yet. B)

[quote][i]Originally posted by Limolady[/i]@Jul 30 2003, 12:53 PM
    [b] We actually stood on the new "high holy ground" a couple of weeks ago @The Meadowlands. ;)

Looks and feels great and they got rid of all the divot holes on the field. The outer grid lines were completed, but at the time no yardage markers yet. B) [/b][/quote]
    Who's happier....Abe,Moss or Curtis??
    The turf will be a big help.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Ironically, they're putting sod over the new surface right now for some soccer deal.

It'll be gone before football.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    I was told the endzones will be permamnent and washable paint will be used for either Jets or Giants logos in the endzones.

[quote][i]Originally posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER[/i]@Jul 30 2003, 01:31 PM
    [b] I was told the endzones will be permamnent and washable paint will be used for either Jets or Giants logos in the endzones. [/b][/quote]
    It should be interesting to see how it holds up in rainy games. :blink:

Veteran
    Shadetree
    [quote][b]Who's happier....Abe,Moss or Curtis??
    The turf will be a big help. [/b][/quote]

I think this will help Abraham and Moss a lot but surprisingly not for Curtis. It seems to me that he used the field to his advantage because he could maneuver in it while other defensive men couldn't. I don't know, maybe I'm not right at all but that's the what I think............

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by nyjet80[/i]@Jul 30 2003, 01:40 PM
    [b] Shadetree
    [quote][b]Who's happier....Abe,Moss or Curtis??
    The turf will be a big help. [/b][/quote]

I think this will help Abraham and Moss a lot but surprisingly not for Curtis. It seems to me that he used the field to his advantage because he could maneuver in it while other defensive men couldn't. I don't know, maybe I'm not right at all but that's the what I think............ [/b][/quote]
    C-Mart usually thrives on the plastic grass!

I'm looking forward to him having a huge year.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Jul 30 2003, 01:13 PM
    [b] Ironically, they're putting sod over the new surface right now for some soccer deal.

It'll be gone before football. [/b][/quote]
    Are you serious? Why don't they just play the game on the new surface? Didn't the field get destroyed years ago when they did that? :blink:

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER[/i]@Jul 30 2003, 01:31 PM
    [b] I was told the endzones will be permamnent and washable paint will be used for either Jets or Giants logos in the endzones. [/b][/quote]
    I'm suprised they don't just zipper in each end zone like they did with the old astro turf.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetswin+Jul 30 2003, 02:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetswin @ Jul 30 2003, 02:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Jul 30 2003, 01:13 PM
    [b] Ironically, they&#39;re putting sod over the new surface right now for some soccer deal.

It&#39;ll be gone before football. [/b][/quote]
    Are you serious? Why don&#39;t they just play the game on the new surface? Didn&#39;t the field get destroyed years ago when they did that? :blink: [/b][/quote]
    Their having a european soccer event @ the meadowlands and it requires real grass.

I wouldn&#39;t worry about the new surface getting damaged. The problem they had in 1998 and 1999 was due to the fact that the grass tray&#39;s were left on the field for a few months at a time (all through the Metrostars season and the NFL Pre-Season). Also, the new field is [i]Field Turf[/i], the prior artificial surface was [i]Astro Turf[/i] brand.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators+Jul 30 2003, 02:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (tailgators @ Jul 30 2003, 02:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -jetswin@Jul 30 2003, 02:22 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Jul 30 2003, 01:13 PM
    [b] Ironically, they&#39;re putting sod over the new surface right now for some soccer deal.

Are you serious? Why don&#39;t they just play the game on the new surface? Didn&#39;t the field get destroyed years ago when they did that? :blink: [/b][/quote]
    Their having a european soccer event @ the meadowlands and it requires real grass.

I wouldn&#39;t worry about the new surface getting damaged. The problem they had in 1998 and 1999 was due to the fact that the grass tray&#39;s were left on the field for a few months at a time (all through the Metrostars season and the NFL Pre-Season). Also, the new field is [i]Field Turf[/i], the prior artificial surface was [i]Astro Turf[/i]brand. [/b][/quote]
    Thanks....but I thought this new surface had ground up tires mixed in or something like that, how will the sod come off without botching it up? I&#39;m sure they figured it out before they did this....I hope. :unsure:

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by HBJETFANBOB+Jul 30 2003, 02:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (HBJETFANBOB @ Jul 30 2003, 02:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--THE_SOOTHSAYER[/i]@Jul 30 2003, 01:31 PM
    I&#39;m suprised they don&#39;t just zipper in each end zone like they did with the old astro turf. [/b][/quote]
    One of the selling points of the new [i]Field Turf[/i] is their new paint composites. Supposedly, this new paint is completly erasable and doesn&#39;t leave the so-called "ghost images" behind. The advantage is a clearly marked playing field with less seams.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetswin+Jul 30 2003, 02:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetswin @ Jul 30 2003, 02:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -tailgators@Jul 30 2003, 02:28 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -jetswin@Jul 30 2003, 02:22 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Jul 30 2003, 01:13 PM

I wouldn&#39;t worry about the new surface getting damaged. The problem they had in 1998 and 1999 was due to the fact that the grass tray&#39;s were left on the field for a few months at a time (all through the Metrostars season and the NFL Pre-Season). Also, the new field is [i]Field Turf[/i], the prior artificial surface was [i]Astro Turf[/i]brand. [/b][/quote]
    Thanks....but I thought this new surface had ground up tires mixed in or something like that, how will the sod come off without botching it up? I&#39;m sure they figured it out before they did this....I hope. :unsure: [/b][/quote]
    They&#39;ll probably place some sort of membrane material over the [i]Field Turf[/i] then place the pallets of real grass on top of that.

All League
    [url=http://www.giants.com/team/index.cfm?cont_id=170854]http://www.giants.com/team/index.cfm?cont_id=170854[/url]