Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Yankee fans; I want your opinion...

...on Jeff Weaver's performance last Sunday night in Boston.

Fatso mentioned this yesterday on the air and I was thinking the same thing when I was watching it. He totally showed up Chris Hammond with his Angry theatrics after he left the game. Mouthing the Lord's name in vain after the Damon Homerun and slamming the towel on the bench.

Every time the camera was on him...he was throwing a tantrum. Well, sometimes he was picking his nose and eating it...but that is just gross so I wont comment on that...but he did pitch extremely well against the best hitting team in baseball. The Sox werent even chasing bad pitches, JW was simply hitting his spots all over the place. But did he besmirch one of his 2 or 3 good performances with that juvenile display???

Seriously, what are your thoughts?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    JetsBlowSox,

You know, you say you're a Jets fan but all I ever see you posting about is the sorry ass Redsox. Are you a Jet fan or is your user name just a cover up? Post something Jets-related already.... or are you really a closet Patsie fan? Come clean!

All League
    Charter JI Member

Yes, he did. Crap like that is what is going to make him a pariah in the league, no matter how good his stuff is.

To be fair, though, I let a few swear words escape, too.

I missed this when watching the game. But I can imagine this actually happened, since Weaver has been known to have "bad body language" in the past.

That said, I do not recall Torre hinting or mentioning this during his post game comments. Hopefully, this was taken care privately among the team without the media being involved.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan[/i]@Jul 30 2003, 01:20 PM
    [b] JetsBlowSox,

You know, you say you're a Jets fan but all I ever see you posting about is the sorry ass Redsox. Are you a Jet fan or is your user name just a cover up? Post something Jets-related already.... or are you really a closet Patsie fan? Come clean! [/b][/quote]
    Come on BlowSox, don't quit on me now. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Watching that game, I can honestly say I felt for Jeff Weaver. He pitched a hell of a game, while being under some heavy scrutiny, and ended up with a no decision and the team ended up losing. The odds of Hammond giving up two homers to the first two batters he sees, after only giving up one homer all year, were astronomical. So, I think its safe to say that anyone of us would have those same emotions. The only problem is that he was in the national spotlight on camera when he gave those Angry facial expressions. Its hard to blame a guy for being passionate for the game though. Just, wish he didn&#39;t let the whole world know how he felt. <_<

You asked with apparently honorable intentions, so I&#39;ll respond in kind.

I don&#39;t think that Weaver&#39;s tantrum was aimed at Hammond. He was on the hook for the two runners whom he walked and then hit by a pitch, so I read it as anger at himself for putting the team in dire straits. That being said, his reaction then and earlier on the mound was childish and destructive. Nobody wants to see their pitcher mother f-ing everytime he doesn&#39;t throw a strike. Weaver has to get his emotions in check and he&#39;s yet to show that capacity...not to mention his booger-eating imitation of Spaulding Schmels from Caddyshack was pretty nasty.

I worry when Weaver pitches...he has good stuff but his temper and emotions get in the way of good performances way too often.

BB

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

JetsBlowSox,

You know, you say you&#39;re a Jets fan but all I ever see you posting about is the sorry ass Redsox. Are you a Jet fan or is your user name just a cover up? Post something Jets-related already.... or are you really a closet Patsie fan? Come clean&#33;

Still waiting.... :lol:

Weaver is the poster child for the athelete with the million dollar and 10 cent brain.

Some pitchers it takes awhile before they "Get it". What I mean is that some pitchers mature alot later than others. Randy Johnson, Curt Schilling, Tom Glavine were all guys who struggled at first before they became dominant pitchers. They learned how to pitch and not just throw.

Weaver has an arm that the Yankees should not give up on. If they do give up on him it will be because they are fed up with his antics, either on the mound when he is trouble or in the dugout. The team that gets him and lets him mautre will be getting a pitcher that will be a 15-18 game winner for the next ten years.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I missed the game Sunday Night. I was out. I only heard about Weaver&#39;s explosion. It doesn&#39;t really bother me that much. Weaver shouldn&#39;t have exploded like that, showing up your teammates is not cool.

It shows me though that Weaver has alot of passion and actually cares. he wanted to win that game badly, He was trying to earn his stripes as a Yankee, trying to prove himself to Yankee Nation.

Weaver&#39;s still young and a little bit immature.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Buffboy[/i]@Jul 30 2003, 01:41 PM
    [b] You asked with apparently honorable intentions, so I&#39;ll respond in kind.

I don&#39;t think that Weaver&#39;s tantrum was aimed at Hammond. He was on the hook for the two runners whom he walked and then hit by a pitch, so I read it as anger at himself for putting the team in dire straits. That being said, his reaction then and earlier on the mound was childish and destructive. Nobody wants to see their pitcher mother f-ing everytime he doesn&#39;t throw a strike. Weaver has to get his emotions in check and he&#39;s yet to show that capacity...not to mention his booger-eating imitation of Spaulding Schmels from Caddyshack was pretty nasty.

I worry when Weaver pitches...he has good stuff but his temper and emotions get in the way of good performances way too often.

BB [/b][/quote]
    great post buffboy

Whoever said that Weaver was upset at Hammonds? Thats what Francesca said. After Francesca was saying all last week that Weaver did not have the "stomach" to pitch in NY i guess he couldnt rip weaver after his performance on sunday so he found something else to get on.....

Maybe Weaver was upset lead was blown- not directly at hammonds? Maybe he was upset that he allowed the 2 guys on base?

Nobody knows who he was cursing at....

Hall Of Fame
    I think another key question is where is his confidence after Torre pulled him in after pitching so well, he wasn&#39;t in that bad of a jam and should have had a chance to pitch out of it, being pulled can&#39;t be a big morale boost for someone on the edge like Jeff is, also he did pick out a few winners that was pretty sick, maybe thats why he made all the nasty expressions, toooo salty&#33;&#33;&#33;

Jet/bosox your absolutly correct.....i myself am personally sick and tired of him throwing a hissy fit evrytime somethind dosent go his way.

I Want Jeff Weaver gone by the 31st.

Hall Of Fame
    He always seem to go pretty well until he has some adversity and then he loses it.He never works out of a jam. Also, why with his fastball he ever throws that crappy curveball that hangs over the plate is a complete mystery. I don&#39;t know if that&#39;s Posada&#39;s fault(who even with his batting is an awful defensive catcher) or if Weaver blows him off and throws the curve anyway.

Worse, the Yanks are stuck with him and his &#036; 9 million tag for 2004.

[quote][i]Originally posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan[/i]@Jul 30 2003, 01:43 PM
    [b] JetsBlowSox,

You know, you say you&#39;re a Jets fan but all I ever see you posting about is the sorry ass Redsox. Are you a Jet fan or is your user name just a cover up? Post something Jets-related already.... or are you really a closet Patsie fan? Come clean&#33;

Still waiting.... :lol: [/b][/quote]
    ARod...

Not that I have to explain myself to you, but I didnt want a Yankee-Red Sox fight...I wanted the input of Yankee fans on Dream Weaver. And trust me, douche, you dont want to call me out publicly. I will f*cking bury you in here. At least these other guys like Max, JonEJet, and smizzy can bring the noise...

You dont even present a challenge&#33;&#33;&#33;

your takes and opinions are by far and away the lamest in here, and that is saying something. Also, you&#39;re a target because you live in a town that is known for its fruity bars and nauseating parades of queens and trannies. So you would be wise to back off before I start to take you seriously

It&#39;s On&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    The strength of the yanks has been the team concept and there are very definite rules to abide by. Weaver has failed so far in fitting into that system.

Maxman
    Weaver has a lot of maturing to do, no doubt.

But I repeat for the millionth time getting rid of him would be a huge mistake. In 2 or 3 years he will be a huge part of the next dynasty.

He has good stuff. He is young. Keep him and work with him.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jet/BosoxFan+Jul 30 2003, 03:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jet/BosoxFan @ Jul 30 2003, 03:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ARodKeyWestJetsFan[/i]@Jul 30 2003, 01:43 PM
    [b] JetsBlowSox,

Still waiting.... :lol: [/b][/quote]
    ARod...

Not that I have to explain myself to you, but I didnt want a Yankee-Red Sox fight...I wanted the input of Yankee fans on Dream Weaver. And trust me, douche, you dont want to call me out publicly. I will f*cking bury you in here. At least these other guys like Max, JonEJet, and smizzy can bring the noise...

You dont even present a challenge&#33;&#33;&#33;

your takes and opinions are by far and away the lamest in here, and that is saying something. Also, you&#39;re a target because you live in a town that is known for its fruity bars and nauseating parades of queens and trannies. So you would be wise to back off before I start to take you seriously [/b][/quote]
    I think yankee fans would find jet/bosox a little more respectable and believable if every once in a while he would just say:

1"the redsox suck&#33;,i dont even know why i watch them" :(

2. "mia ham is ugly" :o

3."is it me or is manny the worst feilding Out feilder in the history of the game" :blink:

4."in reality i have a better chance of impregnating a women,then the sox do of winning it all" :lol:

5."I wish i were a yankee fan" :)