Thread: What's your opinion of Fergie in camp?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wondering what people's opinion of the camp that Jason Ferguison has had so far. On one hand I hear that Herm put him on both the first and second to get extra reps because he needs the conditioning (implying he wasn't in shape). But then I hear that Herm said he was having an outstanding camp. Not sure what to believe. Any input from those who've been to camp would be great!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Ferguson did a good job last year. He will be better this year, an extra year removed from injuries. He's the Jets best player on the nose. Right now, he really doesn't have a great backup at his spot. Reed, Harper and DR are 3 technique guys. The Glock is probably best suited to back up Ferguson at the nose. So for the time being, Fergie is the NT on both 1st and 2nd units.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Hard to tell how well the DL is playing with the no tackle rule, but he IS much slimmer than when I saw him at the draft 3 yrs ago.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This whole "in bad shape nonsense" isn't coming from Jet officials, in fact Ted Cottrel mentioned on his WFAN interview that Fergusion worked hard in the off season and was in tremendous shape.

He may of not played well Saturday, but I don't think it was due to conditioning.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fergie looks good to me when I saw him on saturday during scrimmage he`ll be aight

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fergie looks better in camp now than at any point in his JETS career - goto the JETS WebTV practice i think day 8 the battle between Fergie and Goodwin sounds like a freakin 10 second car crash - he's gonna be ok the question is can he stay healthy...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    stupid question here! they're not allowed to tackle at all during camp???? :blink:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    MiM, Fergie wasn't put on first and second reps because he lacks the conditioning this year. In fact, he's in such good shape you can even see his cheekbones, an all time first. Also, now, thanks to his wife Gina, he now knows both the left and right hand stance.

[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/hermsherald/the2003newyorkjets/small/Fergy.jpg[/img]

I think the extra reps are to get all the other dts acclimated to playing with him at nose. He had developed some sync with Josh..but that won't help us now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by HermsHerald[/i]@Jul 31 2003, 01:46 PM
    [b] In fact, he's in such good shape you can even see his cheekbones, an all time first. [/b][/quote]
    Damn...you're right! Just looking at his face, he's dropped a few pounds.

5 AM Saturday can't get here soon enough!