Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: JETS YEARBOOK

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    8,682
    ESPN 2 - NYJ 2002 Yearbook just started

  2. #2
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    1,600
    Sweet - thanks for the heads up.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    8,682
    Man if that doesn't get you cranked........it's midnight and I am seriously considering putting my Jets flag out and throwing my Pennington jersey on.

  4. #4
    ......and the home of the JETS........dude I love that s**t.

  5. #5
    who can sleep after that.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    267
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Jul 31 2003, 12:01 AM
    [b] Man if that doesn't get you cranked........it's midnight and I am seriously considering putting my Jets flag out and throwing my Pennington jersey on. [/b][/quote]
    I hear you Guns - that was a nice piece.

  7. #7
    Ok, so does anybody have a schedule for the next showing?

  8. #8
    that stuff still brought tears to my eyes

  9. #9
    on tw cable its says 2:30 pm tomorrow espn

  10. #10
    Didn't you guys TAPE IT!? I AM READY FOR SOME JETS FOOTBALL!!!!

    HOOOAH!!


    "They can't stop us when we execute!"
    -Chad Pennington

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    8,682
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mike D'Amato[/i]@Jul 31 2003, 12:12 AM
    [b] Didn't you guys TAPE IT!? I AM READY FOR SOME JETS FOOTBALL!!!!

    HOOOAH!!


    "They can't stop us when we execute!"
    -Chad Pennington [/b][/quote]
    damn....I had it on my TiVo and just deleted it....sorry

  12. #12
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    1,600
    That was unbelievable.

    First of all, Santana Moss looked like a Pro Bowler bordering on league MVP. It's incredible that he had so few touches last year, yet had so many game-breaking plays:

    1. TD punt return v. Cleveland
    2. TD punt return v. San Diego
    3. Nice endzone grabs v. Detroit and KC
    4. 50 yard TD screen v. NE
    5. great spining TD off screen v. GB
    6. playoff TD v. Indy

    From watching the yearbook, who would know he only had 30 receptions last year? GET THIS GUY THE BALL!

    Also LJ's 60 yard TD run v. SD was an unbelievable display of power and speed - topped off with the chainsaw TD celebration where he cuts down the uprights - love it.

    Let's start this season already.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,280
    Great piece - though they shouldn't have just deleted Oakland. Got me pumped though.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    8,682
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Flowtrain[/i]@Jul 31 2003, 12:29 AM
    [b] That was unbelievable.

    First of all, Santana Moss looked like a Pro Bowler bordering on league MVP. It's incredible that he had so few touches last year, yet had so many game-breaking plays:

    1. TD punt return v. Cleveland
    2. TD punt return v. San Diego
    3. Nice endzone grabs v. Detroit and KC
    4. 50 yard TD screen v. NE
    5. great spining TD off screen v. GB
    6. playoff TD v. Indy

    From watching the yearbook, who would know he only had 30 receptions last year? GET THIS GUY THE BALL!

    Also LJ's 60 yard TD run v. SD was an unbelievable display of power and speed - topped off with the chainsaw TD celebration where he cuts down the uprights - love it.

    Let's start this season already. [/b][/quote]
    Flow you are dead nuts on. I was thinking the same thing, as if to ask myself, "Where was that guy last year?", only to remember we never got him the ball.

    LJ and the chainsaw....hilarious. Hadn't seen that before. Him and CuMart are going to tear it up with their different styles.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Westchester County, NY
    Posts
    3,477
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Flowtrain[/i]@Jul 31 2003, 12:29 AM
    [b] First of all, Santana Moss looked like a Pro Bowler bordering on league MVP. It&#39;s incredible that he had so few touches last year, yet had so many game-breaking plays: <snip>

    From watching the yearbook, who would know he only had 30 receptions last year? GET THIS GUY THE BALL&#33;

    [/b][/quote]
    yea, it&#39;s interesting reading Hackett&#39;s comments lately....everything was centered around Chad to make Chad feel comfortable, and Chad was comfortable with Coles so that&#39;s who got the most throws (and most receptions 80+ but not most TD&#39;s).

  16. #16
    That was great,I cant wait for the season to start, Im setting my alarm clock for 5 a.m. saturday morning to watch the live telecast of the Jets/Bucs game..... Not only that but I watched the yearbook and then taped it and watched it again. Oh man I cant wait for the season to start......Anybody notice they don&#39;t show much of Coles at all??I&#39;m glad it made me feel we dont need him and Santana is gonna be nasty.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Posts
    20,597
    [quote][i]Originally posted by fxp[/i]@Jul 31 2003, 12:05 AM
    [b] who can sleep after that. [/b][/quote]
    Took me about an hour&#33; I was pumped&#33; Just bring it baby&#33;&#33;&#33;

  18. #18
    [quote][i]Originally posted by LAJET[/i]@Jul 31 2003, 01:01 AM
    [b] Great piece - though they shouldn&#39;t have just deleted Oakland. Got me pumped though. [/b][/quote]
    They do that will all of them i think. I watched the San Francisco one the other day and they didn&#39;t even mention their last game of the post season. I guess there was no way to put a positive spin on it. :D

  19. #19
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria[/i]@Jul 31 2003, 03:30 AM
    [b] Flow you are dead nuts on. I was thinking the same thing, as if to ask myself, "Where was that guy last year?", only to remember we never got him the ball.

    [/b][/quote]
    Isn&#39;t that partially the fault of your perfect QB?

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    11,462
    When you are a true fan of a team. You get a certain feeling about your team that just can&#39;t be described. Words can&#39;t do it justice.

    I got goosebumps watching The Jets 2002 yearbook last night. My chest swelled up and I started pumping my fists after watching the big plays from 2002.

    That really was a magical season. The Jets got outscored 114 to 13, I think in their first 3 losses. The Pats whipped The Jets by 37 and I remember all The Pats fans yucking it up and trash talking. By seasons end, We got the last laugh over both, New England and Miami.

    I am going to miss Coles, Morton and Randy Thomas. Those are 3 good young players that we lost. They were all a crucial part of The 2002 season. I remember seeing the highlight with Randy Thomas waving The Jets flag and thinking at the time that it&#39;s a shame that he isn&#39;t going to be back.

    For those who didn&#39;t see it, go out of your way to watch the 2002 Jets yearbook.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us