Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JETS YEARBOOK

Usually they put a playoff loss at the beginning of the video. The Jets Raiders playoff game was at the beginning.

It did get me pumped though. Taped it last night and watched it this morning.

NFL Films does great work. The teams that were no good last year they get their fans pumped up for next year by emphasizing the players who did well last year and the new players that they brought in.

What is also amazing is that they seem to always get the "Big Shots". Chad's Dead Leg against Buffalo, Moss's screen against New England.

I would love to go down their just once and go through their library. They have got to have great stuff from the 70's and 80's

All League
    I absolutely LOVE it when NFL films catches a player saying something stupid, or celebrating a win too early (a la Jason Taylor in the Miracle MNF game telling the fans to go home, only to be followed up later with him crying on the sidelines...)...

To see BUF's Eddie Robinson on the sidelines telling another LB that Chad was "too scared to run it in" after Chad had thrown a short TD pass on a roll out, only to IMMEDIATELY follow it with the Tennessee Dead Leg highlight - priceless.

I've got all the people around me at work sick of me ALREADY, (I'm in 'Skins land stirring up trouble) and we're still 36 days from the opener!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    That locker room scene after the Packers game..was that shirtless player featured from the back Kelvin Moses? I've replayed that about 40 times so far. That small a waist and that broad a set of shoulders - wow.

I THINK it was Moses..whoever it was, a law should be passed preventing him from ever putting his shirt back on. David Boston, who?

Hall Of Fame
    Yeah it's like I read on ESPN.com's Page 2pm, NFL Films can make a yearbook about the 6-10 Jags and somehow make you feel that they were close to the Super Bowl. With the camera work, audio and music they do a great job. I love the behind the scenes stuff, wish we could see more of it.

And they did show the loss to Oakland, at the beginning of the show. They do that with them all, they want to end it on a positive note.

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Flowtrain[/i]@Jul 31 2003, 04:29 AM
    [b] That was unbelievable.

First of all, Santana Moss looked like a Pro Bowler bordering on league MVP. It's incredible that he had so few touches last year, yet had so many game-breaking plays:

1. TD punt return v. Cleveland
    2. TD punt return v. San Diego
    3. Nice endzone grabs v. Detroit and KC
    4. 50 yard TD screen v. NE
    5. great spining TD off screen v. GB
    6. playoff TD v. Indy

From watching the yearbook, who would know he only had 30 receptions last year? GET THIS GUY THE BALL!

Also LJ's 60 yard TD run v. SD was an unbelievable display of power and speed - topped off with the chainsaw TD celebration where he cuts down the uprights - love it.

Let's start this season already. [/b][/quote]
    Santana, Santana, Santana. Too damn small. He's so average I can't believe you fans really think he's Pro Bowl caliber. He belongs returning punts and kickoffs. That's it. Maybe a reserve WR but certainly not starting reciever. Nooo way. Good lord, if you guys had Chambers from miami you would be already talking about his place in Canton, OH.
    You guys are just too much

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2+Jul 31 2003, 11:02 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2 @ Jul 31 2003, 11:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Flowtrain[/i]@Jul 31 2003, 04:29 AM

First of all, Santana Moss looked like a Pro Bowler bordering on league MVP. It&#39;s incredible that he had so few touches last year, yet had so many game-breaking plays:

6. playoff TD v. Indy

From watching the yearbook, who would know he only had 30 receptions last year? GET THIS GUY THE BALL&#33;

Also LJ&#39;s 60 yard TD run v. SD was an unbelievable display of power and speed - topped off with the chainsaw TD celebration where he cuts down the uprights - love it.

Let&#39;s start this season already. [/b][/quote]
    Santana, Santana, Santana. Too damn small. He&#39;s so average I can&#39;t believe you fans really think he&#39;s Pro Bowl caliber. He belongs returning punts and kickoffs. That&#39;s it. Maybe a reserve WR but certainly not starting reciever. Nooo way. Good lord, if you guys had Chambers from miami you would be already talking about his place in Canton, OH.
    You guys are just too much [/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t hate the player, hate the game.

Santana was huge down the stretch last year, I always get a chuckle at his critics on this board (patsie* & dolphin fans are jealous that&#39;s obvious but I don&#39;t understand Jet fans who abuse him), last year was his rookie year due to the injury for christ sakes.

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    Santana&#39;s a punt returner&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; That&#39;s it. kinda like Metcalf. Nothing wrong with that....

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2[/i]@Jul 31 2003, 11:20 AM
    [b] Santana&#39;s a punt returner&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; That&#39;s it. kinda like Metcalf. Nothing wrong with that.... [/b][/quote]
    When Moss makes catches all over your Dolfag secondary we&#39;ll see.

Moss came on last year and showed he can play WR.

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2[/i]@Jul 31 2003, 10:20 AM
    [b]Santana&#39;s a punt returner&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; That&#39;s it. kinda like Metcalf. Nothing wrong with that....[/b][/quote]
    He&#39;s a punter returner for sure, [b]but much more than that[/b]. If he was a dullfin, your Chicago-rejected coach would be trying to put the ball into his hands as much as possible.

Be sure to bring this topic back up worshipper after the two Jet-Dullfin games this fall [b]when Moss catches 13 passes and scores 3 TD&#39;s[/b].

DW, enjoy...........

Jets&#39; Moss Prepared for Expanded Role

By ANDREA SZULSZTEYN
    AP Sports Writer

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP) -- New York Jets coach Herman Edwards tabbed Santana Moss with an extra assignment during the first week of training camp.

He asked the third-year receiver to help wideout Yoshinobu Imoto before the team left for Japan to play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the American Bowl.

Moss obliged, and Edwards said they have three designed plays set for the Japanese player in his return home.

"Santana coached him through camp," Edwards said Tuesday shortly before the team boarded five buses for the airport. "It will be kind of fun if he can catch it."

And it also will be fun for the Jets this season if Moss stands out offensively. So far, the former first-round draft pick has had an up-and-down career thanks to injuries and an unfamiliarity with the offense.

But earlier this week, Moss said he feels like himself again, which can only mean bad news for the opposition.

"This is the best camp I&#39;ve had," Moss said. "I&#39;m confident. I&#39;m running routes like I used to run routes. I know the offense. I don&#39;t have to worry about not knowing the play."

Moss came to the Jets after a stellar career at Miami, where he set the school record with 2,546 yards receiving. But in his rookie season, he missed 11 games after tearing cartilage in his left knee.

Last season, he fought through a hamstring injury but finally showed flashes of brilliance. He returned two punts for touchdowns while leading the AFC with a 16.5-yard average on 25 punt returns, and finished with 30 receptions for 433 yards and four touchdowns.

With Laveranues Coles&#39; departure to Washington, Edwards anticipates rotating Moss with Curtis Conway and Wayne Chrebet. Edwards also pointed out the Jets&#39; secondary has not been able to keep up with Moss during training camp.

"What&#39;s helped him now is going into his third season, he understands the offense, he understands the tempo of the offense," Edwards said. "The little things that were nagging him still kind of nag him, but mentally he&#39;s fought through that now.

"He&#39;s very, very dangerous when he gets the ball in his hands."

There is more potential for danger this season. The Jets plan to throw the ball deep more often, something they did not do regularly last season. Moss had the longest reception last season - 47 yards - but quarterback Chad Pennington has had difficultly throwing long.

During the offseason and in training camp, the Jets have worked on adding this dimension to their offense. Moss, a former 60-meter champion in the Big East, would be the perfect partner for Pennington.

"Our concentration will be on being more consistent and having more success vertically," Pennington said. "This offense is built to use all different types of talent. One of our talents is speed, with Santana and some of those guys. We have to get better at that."

Moss is happy to go long and be more involved in the offense. He learned from his struggles and is not frustrated with the way his career has developed.

"That&#39;s what I needed to push me," Moss said. "Not everything is going to be peaches and cream. Knowing I went through that, I appreciate everything more."

Moss still keeps in touch with his teammates at Miami. And he has another reason to keep following the Hurricanes. His brother, Sinorice, is going into his sophomore year. He is just as fast - if not faster - than Santana.

But for now, the Jets want their Moss to contribute. Edwards and offensive coordinator Paul Hackett have seen an increased confidence in Moss. They can only hope that translates to a good season.

"He looks more powerful to me. It&#39;s just his demeanor, his confidence," Hackett said. "He&#39;s ready to step in and make a contribution."

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    Alright already, I disagree w/ you. What a shock&#33; You&#39;re defending a player&#39;s ability on the Jets and I&#39;m putting him down.....what a concept&#33; So what. You&#39;ll eventually see that I am right. If I&#39;m wrong, then....I&#39;m wrong. Won&#39;t be the last time.

All Pro
    Damn, I missed it. Does anyone know when these tapes will be made available to the public? Can I get a copy of this sent to me from someone here if I provide the tape and some &#036;incentives&#036;? My wife and I just moved into our new house, and we don&#39;t have our cable hooked up yet. Besides, I&#39;m prob. getting the NFL ticket through Direct TV so that will get rid of the cable stuff. Please&#33;, Help a JETS fan out. I&#39;m stuck here in Aurora, IL. All I hear is URSMACKER this, and A-train that, and KORDELL this....IT&#39;S DRIVING ME NUTS&#33; Thank God for Mike Greenberg on MIKE & MIKE in the morning on ESPN radio, otherwise I&#39;d go insane. He&#39;s a great JETS fan, and makes as many JETS references as he can.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ILJETSFAN[/i]@Jul 31 2003, 12:27 PM
    [b] Damn, I missed it. Does anyone know when these tapes will be made available to the public? Can I get a copy of this sent to me from someone here if I provide the tape and some &#036;incentives&#036;? My wife and I just moved into our new house, and we don&#39;t have our cable hooked up yet. Besides, I&#39;m prob. getting the NFL ticket through Direct TV so that will get rid of the cable stuff. Please&#33;, Help a JETS fan out. I&#39;m stuck here in Aurora, IL. All I hear is URSMACKER this, and A-train that, and KORDELL this....IT&#39;S DRIVING ME NUTS&#33; Thank God for Mike Greenberg on MIKE & MIKE in the morning on ESPN radio, otherwise I&#39;d go insane. He&#39;s a great JETS fan, and makes as many JETS references as he can. [/b][/quote]
    just check your listings, it&#39;s sure to be on again.

Hall Of Fame
    Pulled this off ESPN.com I would wait until after the first-run dates are finished then start looking for repeats.

NFL Yearbook TV schedule

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ESPN.com

First-run air dates for each team&#39;s 2002 NFL yearbook:

Wednesday, July 23 (ESPN)
    3 p.m. ET: Dallas
    3:30 p.m. ET: Washington
    4 p.m. ET: New York Giants
    4:30 p.m. ET: Philadelphia

Friday, July 25 (ESPN)
    1 p.m. ET: Arizona
    1:30 p.m. ET: Seattle
    2 p.m. ET: St. Louis
    2:30 p.m. ET: San Francisco

Monday, July 28 (ESPN)
    3 p.m. ET: Carolina
    3:30 p.m. ET: New Orleans
    4 p.m. ET: Atlanta
    4:30 p.m. ET: Tampa Bay

Tuesday, July 29 (ESPN)
    3 p.m. ET: Detroit
    3:30 p.m. ET: Chicago
    4 p.m. ET: Minnesota
    4:30 p.m. ET: Green Bay

Wednesday, July 30 (ESPN2)
    10 p.m. ET: Buffalo
    10:30 p.m. ET: Miami
    11 p.m. ET: New England
    11:30 p.m. ET: New York Jets

Friday, Aug. 1 (ESPN2)
    2:30 a.m. ET: Oakland

Friday, Aug. 1 (ESPN)
    1 p.m. ET: Cincinnati
    1:30 p.m. ET: Baltimore
    2 p.m. ET: Cleveland
    2:30 p.m. ET: Pittsburgh
    3 p.m. ET: Houston
    3:30 p.m. ET: Jacksonville
    4 p.m. ET: Indianapolis
    4:30 p.m. ET: Tennessee

Saturday, Aug. 2 (ESPN)
    3 a.m. ET: Denver

Sunday, Aug. 3 (ESPN2)
    11 p.m. ET: Kansas City

Friday, Aug. 8 (ESPN2)
    7:30 a.m. ET: San Diego

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Wolfe Jet[/i]@Jul 31 2003, 09:48 AM
    [b] I absolutely LOVE it when NFL films catches a player saying something stupid, or celebrating a win too early (a la Jason Taylor in the Miracle MNF game telling the fans to go home, only to be followed up later with him crying on the sidelines...)...

To see BUF&#39;s Eddie Robinson on the sidelines telling another LB that Chad was "too scared to run it in" after Chad had thrown a short TD pass on a roll out, only to IMMEDIATELY follow it with the Tennessee Dead Leg highlight - priceless.

I&#39;ve got all the people around me at work sick of me ALREADY, (I&#39;m in &#39;Skins land stirring up trouble) and we&#39;re still 36 days from the opener&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Good&#33; Stir them a little for me too&#33; I can&#39;t waaaaaaiiiiitttttt&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Come on Sept 4th&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; JUST BRING IT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE

To those of you who missed it......

[b]2002 NEW YORK JETS YEARBOOK Replay
    ESPN2: Aug. 4 2002 8:00am-8:30 am [/b]

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote][b]Usually they put a playoff loss at the beginning of the video. The Jets Raiders playoff game was at the beginning.[/b][/quote]

I did miss the first 3 minutes, and those things move fast.

Hey, Dolphinworshiper - just wondering what are your feelings about Dedric Ward? And it&#39;s obvious you&#39;re not a UM fan, &#39;cause everyone I know down there thinks we got a heck of a player on our hands, ready to breakout.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by fxp[/i]@Jul 31 2003, 12:09 AM
    [b]on tw cable its says 2:30 pm tomorrow espn[/b][/quote]
    [color=green][b]Ok Kids, here&#39;s the actual dates that ESPN2 will air "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME" the New York Jets 2002 highlights film:

Thursday, July 31, 2003 @ 2:30 PM
    Monday, Aug 4, 2003 @ 8:00 AM [/color] [color=red]- Last chance before the release of the DVD&#33; [/color][color=green]
    Monday, Aug 11, 2003 @ 8:30 AM
    ALL TIMES EASTERN [/b][/color] :rolleyes:

Rookie
    [quote][i]Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+Jul 31 2003, 01:30 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Jul 31 2003, 01:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Flowtrain[/i]@Jul 31 2003, 12:29 AM

First of all, Santana Moss looked like a Pro Bowler bordering on league MVP. It&#39;s incredible that he had so few touches last year, yet had so many game-breaking plays:

6. playoff TD v. Indy

From watching the yearbook, who would know he only had 30 receptions last year? GET THIS GUY THE BALL&#33;

Also LJ&#39;s 60 yard TD run v. SD was an unbelievable display of power and speed - topped off with the chainsaw TD celebration where he cuts down the uprights - love it.

Let&#39;s start this season already. [/b][/quote]
    Flow you are dead nuts on. I was thinking the same thing, as if to ask myself, "Where was that guy last year?", only to remember we never got him the ball.

LJ and the chainsaw....hilarious. Hadn&#39;t seen that before. Him and CuMart are going to tear it up with their different styles. [/b][/quote]
    How many times have I stated that Santana needs 8-10 touches a game? :blink:

THE KID IS ELECTRIC :P

He will be in Hawaii this season ;)

I AM PUMPED