Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: 1986 New York Jets Yearbook

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I am watching this yearbook. It just started. If you are near a TV, Check it out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    damn, no espn at work

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    They just showed The Browns playoff collapse. I was 5 when this happened.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was 13 and it was the first season that I actually sat and watched every game on Sundays, i had always been a 'fan' but didn't have the head to actually sit through all games, I watched them casually as a kid and wore jets jerseys and such, but 86 was the year I fell in love with OUR team

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't that when they started the season 10-1 and then limped into the playoffs on a 5-game losing streak, or was that '85? One thing I'll NEVER forget was Sept. 21, 1986 because I was at the Meadowlands to see O'Brien and Marino shoot it out in one of the Top 5 regular season games in Jets history, the 51-45 O.T. thriller. God, was Wesley Walker the best that day!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny watching Rich Kotite, Our offensive coordinator in 1986 raving about Ken O' Brien.

The 86 Jets should have made it to big game. What an offense they had. The Jets had such bad luck late in the year. They had the leagues best record before everybody got hurt.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't remember the details, but we had alot of injuries leading into that losing streak

I do recall fat ass Paul Mcguire talking crap about the Jets every week, saying we sucked and were overrated and then we lost those 5 games and he gloated like a pompous a**hole and i will always hate him for that

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mean Bro Green[/i]@Jul 31 2003, 01:20 PM
    [b] I don't remember the details, but we had alot of injuries leading into that losing streak

I do recall fat ass Paul Mcguire talking crap about the Jets every week, saying we sucked and were overrated and then we lost those 5 games and he gloated like a pompous a**hole and i will always hate him for that [/b][/quote]
    Whenever The Bills lose. I think of McGuire and smile. :lol:

Looks like "Lets Go Jets"was the rally cry of the fans back in 1986.

Every time, I see Joe Walton. I feel the urge to pick my nose.

Damn, Al Toon was great. He led The AFC in receptions with 85. Nowadays, Marvin Harrison has that total by week 9.

The 86 piece is labeled "Maximum Effort". Should have been labeled "Wasted Potential."

Charley Steiner jinxed us in Cleveland by putting us in Denver in The AFC Championship game. By the way, The Jets would have beaten Denver. Guess, who they would have played in the superbowl that year? :)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those Jets teams had so much talent it makes you want to cry that they never won or atleast made it to the super bowl.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsMan57[/i]@Jul 31 2003, 09:32 AM
    [b] Those Jets teams had so much talent it makes you want to cry that they never won or atleast made it to the super bowl. [/b][/quote]
    By the way, who did the Jets lose the division title to after starting the year 10-1?

Weren't they good the year before to? Whatever happened to the '85 team? Who knocked them out of the playoffs?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bragging about wins and accomplishments that occured nearly 20 years ago lol.

Good job pypie