Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention monday morning QB's

Edited

Green Lantern and i have decided that to make it fair to all Fantasy football player we will be asking all the GM's with 3 rb's to place one RB on the waiver wire so we can allow the 4 teams to draft one and make our league fair.....if your player is not drafted you can keep him.
    For the teams that loose a player you will be get a player back of equal value but it will have to be approved by Green Lantern.

All gm's with 1 or less RB's should contact me immedialty so i can give you a draft order..

****You can drop anyplayer you choose.

All GM's with 3 RB's should contact me immediatly so you can tell us which back your placing on waivers
    thanks League VP smizzy

has to be a starting RB?

Originally posted by Vinny025@Aug 8 2003, 03:57 PM
    has to be a starting RB?
    NO way, it can any of the RB"s you have on your roster.....its your choice.

no offense Smiz but im not droppin jack unless the commish instructs me to

hey, I have Kordell Stewert as my starting QB so can we all drop our qb's and let me get an average one?

*CHANGED each team will put one rb on waivers and the 4 teams that need to draft will grab one of those players and the rest of the guys who are not drafted will be retained by their original team.this way you dont loose a guy if you dont have to.
    For the teams that loose a player you will be get a player back of equal value but it will have to be approved by Green Lantern.

This is not our fault that league manager did an auto draft for 95% of the GM's.were are only trying to make it fair to start philly phantic dosent evn have a running back,should he be punished because league manager didnt work properly?
    If we dont do this were going to br playing in a league where half the guys dont even show up to play...this is only to get these guys to show up every week.i hope you can see how that will benefit evreybody.

The rule has been edited ..please re-read

Originally posted by bitonti@Aug 8 2003, 04:11 PM
    no offense Smiz but im not droppin jack unless the commish instructs me to
    None taken. Ask him yourself.

All League
    This isn't gonna fly. I don't even know where to begin.....

AT THE VERY LEAST, I get a player at another position of equal value from the other guy's team...

Originally posted by FreddyG@Aug 8 2003, 07:24 PM
    This isn't gonna fly. I don't even know where to begin.....

AT THE VERY LEAST, I get a player at another position of equal value from the other guy's team...

All League
    Originally posted by Smizzy+Aug 8 2003, 07:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Smizzy @ Aug 8 2003, 07:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--FreddyG@Aug 8 2003, 07:24 PM
    This isn&#39;t gonna fly. I don&#39;t even know where to begin.....

AT THE VERY LEAST, I get a player at another position of equal value from the other guy&#39;s team...

[/b][/quote]
    Where are these other players coming from?

if your player is even drafted(only 4 will)the team that drafts your guy will be obligated to give you a player from his team.
    a player that green lantern says is the same value.
    would you rather have teams not show up because they dont have they players to start the season?or have a re-draft?

All League
    Guys it is only fair drop your last rb if you have 3 or more and that will go for all the positions but we are only dealing with rb&#39;s first. This happened the way it did. And I apologize again for any inconvenience and for thinking espn would have a reputable FFL. But I want all of us to enjoy this league and the only way I think that can happen is if we be fair to the guys who couldn&#39;t draft because of the screw up on espn&#39;s part with not being able to see the screen. I assure you when it comes my turn to drop a player I have to I will do it. Please help Smizzy fix this clusterf@#k. Thank You for you help and enduring patience while we fix this. Also I heard a nasty rumor that the live scoring will not be fixed till the beginning of the season&#33; If this is the case I am going to see Chris Berman in person.LOL&#33; Bear with us as we fix this. Thanks Again GREEN LANTERN(mrcommish).

All League
    I&#39;m getting screwed giving up Stewart. He&#39;s a Top 20 back which is VERY valuable in a 20 team league that allows for 2 RB starters. I have an excellent board and he&#39;s the 24th player OVERALL on my board.

I never mentioned a redraft because it looked like guys were willing to take their chances in the waiver/trade market, but if that&#39;s not the case, we simply have to redraft. I understand their point of view and a redraft is the only fair thing to do. Guys have to complete their predraft rankings so if/when the thing doesn&#39;t work for a pick or two you&#39;re covered.

You can&#39;t fix it without creating unfairness to the other players. There are 4 to 5 strong teams and mine is one of them, but I&#39;d rather redraft than have this as an issue of contention all season.

I also remind you that this isn&#39;t the only issue that screams for a redraft. Guys that drafted 2 Ds, 2 Ks have a right to say they would&#39;ve taken someone else. What about teams like mine that only have 1 QB, shouldn&#39;t QB&#39;s be treated as D&#39;s and K&#39;s where each team can only hold one? Anyway, my point is that a redraft can wash away a lot of these issues so that you guys can spend your brain cells on tryin to figure out a freakin way to beat me, rather than crying about the draft.

All League
    Originally posted by FreddyG@Aug 8 2003, 09:06 PM
    I&#39;m getting screwed giving up Stewart. He&#39;s a Top 20 back which is VERY valuable in a 20 team league that allows for 2 RB starters. I have an excellent board and he&#39;s the 24th player OVERALL on my board.

I never mentioned a redraft because it looked like guys were willing to take their chances in the waiver/trade market, but if that&#39;s not the case, we simply have to redraft. I understand their point of view and a redraft is the only fair thing to do. Guys have to complete their predraft rankings so if/when the thing doesn&#39;t work for a pick or two you&#39;re covered.

You can&#39;t fix it without creating unfairness to the other players. There are 4 to 5 strong teams and mine is one of them, but I&#39;d rather redraft than have this as an issue of contention all season.

I also remind you that this isn&#39;t the only issue that screams for a redraft. Guys that drafted 2 Ds, 2 Ks have a right to say they would&#39;ve taken someone else. What about teams like mine that only have 1 QB, shouldn&#39;t QB&#39;s be treated as D&#39;s and K&#39;s where each team can only hold one? Anyway, my point is that a redraft can wash away a lot of these issues so that you guys can spend your brain cells on tryin to figure out a freakin way to beat me, rather than crying about the draft.
    To all and freddy too. I have had an email into espn since we drafted on Aug 2nd about a redraft. It is now a week later and stil no reply. So I would vote for a redraft absolutely as my first option. I do not even want to think about what this is gonna be trying to fix this. It is now a week later so I envision espn not emailing me back and as of now we are on our own to fix this problem. Smizzy has been gracious enough to take on this project. He is League Vice President, I give him carte blanche to make decisions in my absence. I feel his plan is fair and just. No GM regardless of team strength will be selfish here including myself. When it comes my turn to release a player I will comply and so will everyone else. You got the ball Smiz, Run for the endzone my man.

All League
    I just put a message on the ESPN message board about redrafts.

Hall Of Fame
    This is tapped. I drop a solid RB and get nothing? Come on. This is even worse than a re-draft&#33; How many teams have been screwed? Were they ones that weren&#39;t at the draft? It seems to me that as there is only 1 slot for a RB then the computer did nothing wrong, it drafted 1 RB. It then goes down and makes sure other slots are filled for positions if you no longer have RBs preranked above other positions. I remember I got shafted like this a few years ago, and I just had to manage a little harder. There are still some guys available that will score. Hate to say it, but guys preranked poorly.

I am not happy with just dropping a player. I&#39;d be more inclined to trade a RB with someone. If we have a list of all shafted teams then can we pair up and make a trade? Is the split even? Becuase if it is not then if all "good" teams drop a player and not all are picked up, then it is a waiver wire war to see who does what&#33;

I say the ONLY solution is a redraft. If so, I say RANDOMIZE the draft order and we go elsewhere. Surely GL can cancel his league? We can then all go to yahoo, CBS.Sportsline, NFL.com (I used that the last 2 years and it is good). GL surely has the right to. I&#39;d be more than happy to split the cost. In fact, why don&#39;t we just declare this a dead league and set up elsewhere and we all chip in and start fresh? In the new league GL plays for free as he forked out &#036;&#036;&#036; for this one.

Thoughts?

All League
    Valid points. I would be up for that too. All I am trying to do is suffice everyone. I think this league is fixable we just need everybody to be on the same page. There were certain gm&#39;s that couldn&#39;t even see the screen when they were drafting. It goes beyond player ranking. We need to have a level playing field. Smizzy has agreed to fix the problem with the teams and he deserves our best efforts so please give it to him. Thank You GL

First of all i am all for a re-draft but untill espn get back to us this is our only option.

How can you complain when we are trying to fix this 20 team league so all its Players come to play each week?
    Some guys dont have a RB and some guys had the computer draft their whole team,and you worried about a 3rd RB when you already have 2 starters.
    NOBODY will loose a player and get nothing in return...if your player is drafted you will be giving a player off the team who chooses your man.Ive looked at everybody&#39;s roster and NOBODY&#39;s team will be ruined by loosing one player.NOBODY.

Also I dont want pplayers put on the actual waiver wire .....just PM or e-mail me with your guys name so i can get it to the other guys.this way there is no confusion when the draft is over.

Hall Of Fame
    Originally posted by Smizzy@Aug 9 2003, 01:54 PM
    First of all i am all for a re-draft but untill espn get back to us this is our only option.

How can you complain when we are trying to fix this 20 team league so all its Players come to play each week?
    Some guys dont have a RB and some guys had the computer draft their whole team,and you worried about a 3rd RB when you already have 2 starters.
    NOBODY will loose a player and get nothing in return...if your player is drafted you will be giving a player off the team who chooses your man.Ive looked at everybody&#39;s roster and NOBODY&#39;s team will be ruined by loosing one player.NOBODY.

Also I dont want pplayers put on the actual waiver wire .....just PM or e-mail me with your guys name so i can get it to the other guys.this way there is no confusion when the draft is over.
    My team will be ruined if I choose to lose the wrong guy. You have to admit that if you had control you&#39;d have tried to do what I did, and load up on RBs given injuries, match-ups, and bye-weeks.

Toss up: Amos Zeroeue or Antowain Smith?

Both are #1 starters. I understand that I will be losing a #1 RB for a #2 or #3 WR, maybe. Granted if my RB is not drfated I presume I will get him back?

I just did some research and here is the breakdown of RBs in our league:

13 teams have 3 RBs
    4 teams have 2 RBs
    2 teams have 1 RB
    1 team has 1 RB (I&#39;m presuming he dropped him after the draft).

So basically only 3 teams are in need of help, Smizzy being one them. I say if some of the 3 RB teams have to give up players then start at the beginning of the draft order and go down. It would be worse to punish someone next to last in the order after they worked extra hard given their draft location. Talk about a double whammy&#33; So, go down the draft order until you find a team with 3 RBs to trade with the 3 teams in need (perhaps the highest can trade with the lowest?) That would be fairer in my eyes.

We have plenty of time to sort this, so let&#39;s get a consensus from as many owners as possible, and not just those with only 1 RB.

Green Lantern your up.....