Thread: fantasy football trade

JTHM
    this is my first post here and i was wondering if i should trade steve mcnair for trent green?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    no way man. welcome. check out the fantsay football forum on the front page!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by nyjetsfan@Aug 8 2003, 08:37 PM
    this is my first post here and i was wondering if i should trade steve mcnair for trent green?
    Welcome aboard friend, just an FYI, there is a Forum here exclusively for fantasy football. You'll want to post these there. But If I were you, I'd keep McNair.

JTHM
    thanks i'll post any future fantasy football comments in that forum.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by nyjetsfan@Aug 9 2003, 12:37 AM
    Yes.

Trent 27 TDs 3915 total yards (3690 passing/225 rushing)
    McNair 26 TDs 3827 (3387/440)

McNair is very good, but George is slowing down and the Titans lost Dyson and are going with Drew Bennett as a starting wideout.

The Chiefs return everybody and talk is Priest is as good as old and they are going to lighten his workload a little. Plus, this will be the wideouts second year in Vermiel's offense, coupled with a very good OL, Tony Gonzalez and an improving defense (i.e. last year's first rounder who missed camp is looking very good and injured players are returning=more opportunities for the offense) the offense should be as good if not better then last year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Aug 8 2003, 09:15 PM
    Yes.

Trent 27 TDs 3915 total yards (3690 passing/225 rushing)
    McNair 26 TDs 3827 (3387/440)

McNair is very good, but George is slowing down and the Titans lost Dyson and are going with Drew Bennett as a starting wideout.

The Chiefs return everybody and talk is Priest is as good as old and they are going to lighten his workload a little. Plus, this will be the wideouts second year in Vermiel's offense, coupled with a very good OL, Tony Gonzalez and an improving defense (i.e. last year's first rounder who missed camp is looking very good and injured players are returning=more opportunities for the offense) the offense should be as good if not better then last year.
    I agree with PFSIKH

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they're pretty much a wash, go with your own hunch. The only exception I would make is to first check their strength of schedules, bye week, and matchups with your other QB. One may mix better with your other QB options in that regard.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    McNair hands down no question about it. The rushing yds. and rushing TDs alone are worth it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jayrad01@Aug 9 2003, 12:37 PM
    McNair hands down no question about it. The rushing yds. and rushing TDs alone are worth it.
    Look at the numbers from last year. Trent had more TDs (passing and running) and he is not a lead foot like Bledsoe he has some mobility. McNair had 3 rushing TDs Green 1.

Who is more likely to duplicate their performance last year, the oft injured McNair or Green's passing?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by PFSIKH+Aug 10 2003, 06:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PFSIKH @ Aug 10 2003, 06:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jayrad01@Aug 9 2003, 12:37 PM
    Look at the numbers from last year. Trent had more TDs (passing and running) and he is not a lead foot like Bledsoe he has some mobility. McNair had 3 rushing TDs Green 1.

Who is more likely to duplicate their performance last year, the oft injured McNair or Green&#39;s passing? [/b][/quote]
    McNair had an off year last year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Off year you mean career highs in passing yards and TDs, well I guess so.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Aug 11 2003, 09:59 AM
    Off year you mean career highs in passing yards and TDs, well I guess so.
    He was hurt and he put up better #s then Garcia. George did not help much. I think Green sucks. Anyday of the week I will take McNair.Look at any Mock draft or look at Kffl and see where Mcnair and Green are drafted. McNair is always gone way b4 Green.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    TRENT GREEN helped me win my fantasy league title. He&#39;s an accurate passer given time to throw and he has PRIEST HOLMES to keep defenses honest. I&#39;D Trade for TRENT GREEN -NJJF B)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    mcnair played hurt all year and eddie didint play s usual until the end of the season. mason bennet whycheck and kinney make great targets, better than the cheifs