Thread: Well, I decided to do this with my WR

After posting the idea on alot of different FF forums regarding the fact that I have both H Ward and P Burress along with Koren Robinson, I 've decided to do this based on the majority of responses.

I am going to start both Ward and Burress and leave Koren Robinson on the bench at least until he possibly breaks out big time. The reasoning, you ask? Basically, I am aiming to get 10 pts from every position on my team. That would give me 80 overall points. Now, realistically, I can't expect that every week from my TE, R McMichael, nor my D, Dallas. But, I am just about guaranteed 200 yds between Burress and Ward every week with 1 TD. That is most likely a given. In my league, that would give me 8 pts for rec yds (200) and 6 for the 1 TD totalling 14. Those #'s are pretty much a guarantee, so anything over that, say 1 more touchdown betweeen them, is gravy. So basically, I would be looking at these totals each week:

QB-15-20
    RB1 & RB2-20-25
    WR1 & WR2-14-20
    TE-2
    K-10-15
    DE-10

That would give me a 71 on the low side and a 97 on the high side. The winner of the league averaged 65 pts per week last year. I definately think with Ward and Burress as my WR's, my team would be built to do just that.

What do you guys think?

not a bad strategy......until week 15 when they both get shutdown.

Originally posted by Shadetree@Aug 15 2003, 12:14 PM
    Hehe, I was thinking the same thing. That's why it's good to have K Robinson on the bench to fill in for PIT''s bye week and there unproductive day vs. the Jets.

Originally posted by Shadetree@Aug 15 2003, 12:14 PM
    Week 15 in my league is the championship...

That is problem..cheering for the steelers recievers against the Jets..

wow tuff prediciment

Originally posted by Bleed Green+Aug 17 2003, 05:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bleed Green @ Aug 17 2003, 05:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Shadetree@Aug 15 2003, 12:14 PM
    Week 15 in my league is the championship...

That is problem..cheering for the steelers recievers against the Jets..

wow tuff prediciment [/b][/quote]
    I never cheer for my FF players to do well against the Jets. I won&#39;t bench them, but I won&#39;t cheer either. I just let the game happen and see how it goes. My buddy is a diehard PIT fan and I am taking him to that game so he can get hecled to death when we beat the crap outta his team. It worked beautifully last year when I took my other friend who happens to be a Denver fan. That was a beautiful sight seeing him sulk after that game LMAO.