Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Post all political and war topics here, part 2

Banned
    bit... Weeb's insinuations are nothing more than a steaming pile of BS. He's completely blinded by fear and ignorance. It's too bad he drags down the memory and name of a good man with him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Images
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb+Sep 3 2003, 05:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Spirit of Weeb @ Sep 3 2003, 05:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--tailgators[/i]@Sep 3 2003, 04:49 PM
    [b] Its interesting that Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush [b]NEVER[/b] submitted a balanced budget proposal to the Congress. [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s interesting that they never sold state of the art technology to our enemies for campaign cash or diddled their interns either&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Actually, they did (arms sales), but all administrations do it in one form or another, so why bother debating it?

A federal deficit can be a good thing in a short term scenario. The extra spending does generate economic activity, and it has been shown that there are positive short-term economic benefits.

However, as a steady diet where signficant portions of taxpayer money go to service interest that must be payed on continually carried debt, it has a slippery slope effect. Less and less of the federal budget gets spent on goods and services that generate economic activity, while more goes to service the debt interest. Some of that interest winds up in the bank accounts of US investors, but much of it is dead money to our economy as it goes out of the country.

Also, with the U.S. government borrowing huge sums of money, interest rates eventually rise, which usually curtails economic activity.

NM. Time will tell.

[img]http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2003-09/9257909.jpg[/img]

[SIZE=4][b]PLAY BALL&#33;[/b][/SIZE]

From l-r

Broadway Joe, Woody Johnson, Gene Upshaw, President GW Bush, some guy, Lil Danny Snyder

[img]http://home.nyc.rr.com/jnightingale1/Jets/BroadwayJoeWoodyJohnsonGeneUpshawGWB.jpg[/img]

Fixed :D

Hall Of Fame
    [img]http://www.arts.adelaide.edu.au/personal/dhart/images/warphotos/americancivilwar/antietemdead.jpg[/img]
    [i]RT. 81 West Virginia/Maryland border[/i]

These mist covered mountains
    Are a home now for me
    But my home is the lowlands
    And always will be
    Some day you&#39;ll return to
    Your valleys and your farms
    And you&#39;ll no longer burn
    To be brothers in arm

[img]http://www.anglo-boer.co.za/images/photos/boerwar/002.jpg[/img]
    [i]Dutch, South Africa[/i]

Through these fields of destruction
    Baptism of fire
    I&#39;ve watched all your suffering
    As the battles raged higher
    And though they did hurt me so bad
    In the fear and alarm
    You did not desert me
    My brothers in arms

[img]http://www.arts.adelaide.edu.au/personal/dhart/images/warphotos/ww2/ww2deadmarines.jpg[/img]
    [i]South Pacific...Rogers and Hammerstien, anyone?[/i]

There&#39;s so many different worlds
    So many different suns
    And we have just one world
    But we live in different ones

[img]http://www.anglo-boer.co.za/images/photos/concentration/005.jpg[/img]
    [i]South Africa, 1915[/i]

[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030905/capt.1062789615.topix_liberia_svz102.jpg[/img]
    [i]Liberia, 2003[/i]

Now the sun&#39;s gone to hell
    And the moon&#39;s riding high
    Let me bid you farewell
    Every man has to die
    But it&#39;s written in the starlight
    And every line on your palm
    We&#39;re fools to make war
    On our brothers in arms

[img]http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/Gallery/Anzac/images/gall-images/evac-uation.jpg[/img]
    [i]Gallipoli, Turkey[/i]

All Pro
    What the 9/11 victims feel about Bush(that phony revisionist history SHO movie)

A "mind-numbingly boring" propaganda film
    A 9/11 widow reviews last night&#39;s Showtime film about President Bush&#39;s actions on and after that fateful morning.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    By Kristen Breitweiser

Sept. 8, 2003 |

The film "DC 9/11: Time of Crisis," which premiered Sunday night on Showtime, is a mind-numbingly boring, revisionist, two-hour-long wish list of how 9/11 might have gone if we had real leaders in the current administration. This film is rated half of a fighter jet -- since that is about what we got for our nation&#39;s defense on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001.

Despite the title, the film only budgets approximately 10 minutes to the actual morning of 9/11. Most of the movie is spent cataloging the myriad cabinet-level debates as to whether to declare "war" against terrorism and how to effectively sell that to the American people.

It is understandable that so little time is actually devoted to the president&#39;s true actions on the morning of 9/11. Because to show the entire 23 minutes from 9:03 to 9:25 a.m., when President Bush, in reality, remained seated and listening to "second grade story-hour" while people like my husband were burning alive inside the World Trade Center towers, would run counter to Karl Rove&#39;s art direction and grand vision.

Remember the aircraft carrier photo-op? Bush is a man of action; in fact, he is an action hero. Except, of course, when it really counts, like in those early morning hours when this country was under attack and our Commander in Chief was drinking milk and eating cookies with second graders. Can you imagine one of those second-graders years from now when they are asked where they were on the morning of 9/11? They will simply say, "I was sitting with the President reading him a story."

hey don&#39;t worry tho cause the President wants another 87 BILLION (more than the entire federal budget for education, more than 2x the federal infrastructure budget) to rebuild IRAQ cause we don&#39;t want another 9-11 :blink: :blink: :blink:

oh yeah that makes sense.

meanwhile Weeb and 5ever so much for "f--k the UN"

all this tells me is we should have had their help from the beginning.

exactly How much crow will Bush have to eat to get the blue helmets on the ground in Iraq?

All Pro
    yea Bit this is a one term presidency(just like his poppy was)and it can&#39;t happen soon enuff,all politicizing aside I just ain&#39;t doin as well under this administration and am not alone on this one.Not one single new job has been created under GWB not ONE.This is the worst economic record of any president in the history of this country.Pitiful leadership

All Pro
    [img]http://www.foxnews.com/images/101141/11_2_090803_bush_address_fnc.jpg[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Sep 8 2003, 12:07 PM
    [b] hey don&#39;t worry tho cause the President wants another 87 BILLION (more than the entire federal budget for education, more than 2x the federal infrastructure budget) to rebuild IRAQ cause we don&#39;t want another 9-11 :blink: :blink: :blink:

oh yeah that makes sense.

meanwhile Weeb and 5ever so much for "f--k the UN"

all this tells me is we should have had their help from the beginning.

exactly How much crow will Bush have to eat to get the blue helmets on the ground in Iraq? [/b][/quote]
    I agree Bitonti - we should have had UN help from the beginning and should have not listened to them in 1991 or at any moment between the two Iraq Wars. However, the UN does not act in good faith and is spineless, unwilling to enforce the very words they write themselves. Member countries also had profitable relationships with Saddam which compromised their ability to be taken seriously by the USA regarding Iraq. The USA has demonstrated that they will "play along" with the UN&#39;s processes, but will not be beholden to it [i]in toto.[/i] It is important for the world to know this and to also know that the USA will not run like a frightened kitten at the first spillings of American blood. Personally, I would not mind at all if the UN ceased to exist since I think it is a worthless, hypocritical organization that is corrupt, shiftless and provides legitmimacy to regimes that don&#39;t deserve it. The UN literally affords dictators a vote and say in a global democratic process while these same "leaders" don&#39;t even come close to affording [i]their own [/i]people these same rights. If Libya chairs a human rights council, something is rotten.

bottom line the American people are getting ripped off.

it wasn&#39;t too long ago that Bush requested (and received) 78 B for rebuilding Afghanistan and fighting Iraq. Now he wants another 87B and that&#39;s not even gonna come close to finishing the JOB. That&#39;s just another installment in what will go down as one of the most expensive single endevours in American history.

Meanwhile schools are struggling and they are likely not to receive 6B to fully fund the "Leave No Child Behind"

don&#39;t even get me started on the state of energy, transportation infrastructure

this is a simple case of Guns versus Butter and Butter is getting its f--kin ass kicked.

oh and lets not forget It wasn&#39;t too long ago Bush dismissed the UN as "becoming irrelvant" now we are desperate for them to save our asses with troops and other effort. Diplomacy at its worst, folks, there&#39;s no other way to sugar coat it. 5ever wishes the UN disbanded and Weeb says "F the UN" meanwhile our leader is AS WE SPEAK ponying up to lick their ass, hoping they will throw a bone. Why should they? this is our bed and now we have to lie in it.

Prediction: UN says no, Congress says YES the american taxpayer gets RIPPED OFF YET AGAIN

GW BUsh is making a very aggressive bid for WORST PRESIDENT ... EVER&#33;&#33;&#33;

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Sep 8 2003, 05:36 PM
    [b] bottom line the American people are getting ripped off.

it wasn&#39;t too long ago that Bush requested (and received) 78 B for rebuilding Afghanistan and fighting Iraq. Now he wants another 87B and that&#39;s not even gonna come close to finishing the JOB. That&#39;s just another installment in what will go down as one of the most expensive single endevours in American history.

Meanwhile schools are struggling and they are likely not to receive 6B to fully fund the "Leave No Child Behind"

don&#39;t even get me started on the state of energy, transportation infrastructure

this is a simple case of Guns versus Butter and Butter is getting its f--kin ass kicked.

oh and lets not forget It wasn&#39;t too long ago Bush dismissed the UN as "becoming irrelvant" now we are desperate for them to save our asses with troops and other effort. Diplomacy at its worst, folks, there&#39;s no other way to sugar coat it. 5ever wishes the UN disbanded and Weeb says "F the UN" meanwhile our leader is AS WE SPEAK ponying up to lick their ass, hoping they will throw a bone. Why should they? this is our bed and now we have to lie in it.

Prediction: UN says no, Congress says YES the american taxpayer gets RIPPED OFF YET AGAIN

GW BUsh is making a very aggressive bid for WORST PRESIDENT ... EVER&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    bitonti,

do you consider yourself a "peace activist", were you opposed to the war in iraq?

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Sep 8 2003, 01:54 PM
    [b] [img]http://www.foxnews.com/images/101141/11_2_090803_bush_address_fnc.jpg[/img] [/b][/quote]
    Yep... there&#39;s nothing better than a president with a "deer in the headlights" look on his face.

[quote][i]Originally posted by sackdance[/i]@Sep 8 2003, 05:51 PM
    [b] do you consider yourself a "peace activist", were you opposed to the war in iraq? [/b][/quote]
    no i do not consider myself a peace activist i consider myself a realist

many of the people against the war in Iraq were Generals and soldiers - it was estimated that 1 in 3 enlisted men questioned the logic of the operation at the time - its not just flower power hippies that oppose the war. People with brains oppose it too.

either way Iraq was not responsible for 9-11 in any way shape or form yet we have to ensure that democracy thrives in that ****hole? WHY? the war on terror should be fought in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia, Iraq was just hanging out but we decided to plow on through.

There is no IRAQI connection to 9-11 yet it is now the central front in the war on terror? how the F did that happen

First we didn&#39;t need UN help, now we do need UN help

First there was a road map to peace now there&#39;s no road map.

First mission was accomplished now its not accomplished <_<

the sickest part of all is that the wealthiest Americans are still getting their taxes cut while everyone else gets screwed and the deficit grows by leaps and bounds - its bigger than its ever been and getting larger by the minute.

So lets get this straight - you need 87 B for Iraq and also you don&#39;t want the rich to pay taxes? Fantastic.

for Bush only the poor make sacrifices for liberty. Everyone else can just hang out and relax.
    That&#39;s the way he was brought up and that&#39;s the way he&#39;s running this country.

wait did i say that was the sickest part? no i was wrong the sickest part is that the American people actually believe this man when he moves his lips and words come out. Fully 50% approve of the job he is doing, that number should really be around 10%. That&#39;s how bad he is. For 87 Billion dollars the least he could do is offer some sort of explanation, how much more it would cost, when it will be over - no - there&#39;s no explanation and this is NOT THE LAST TIME Bush will ask for money. He asked for and got 78B he asked for and will get 87B just wait the next one will be triple digit Billions.

make no mistake This guy is WHOLLY beholden to corporate interests and a disgrace to the office of president. Bill Clinton on his worst day did the office more justice and more class and that guy was about as classless as it gets. In 8 years there wasn&#39;t a bad bill or bloated welfare program that even compared to what Bush has done in 3 short years.

even Conservatives will agree if Clinton was this irresponsible with money he would have gotten the BUSINESS from the AM radio crew. But Bush does it... but MUCH MUCH WORSE and he&#39;s some sort of freakin hero? Who exactly is he protecting for 87B? What exactly do the American taxpayers get for 87B?

yes Bush is in the process of screwing America to help out his corporate buddies, his rich friends and the other meatpuppets in his secret clubs like Skull and Bones and the TriLateral Commission. Everyone else can get bent as far as he&#39;s concerned.

This 87 Billion is more than everything in the budget besides DoD, Social Security and DoH. Everything else in this country is a lower priority than the war in Iraq. EVERYTHING ELSE. Education, Infrastructre, Security, Environment i mean YOu name it, this one installment DWARFS their whole budget for the year.

its sickening. George Bush is the Dave Wandstadt of Presidents. :blink:

WORST PRESIDENT ... EVER

[quote][b]"The &#036;166 billion that has been spent or requested exceeds the inflation-adjusted costs of the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, the Mexican War, the Civil War, the Spanish American War and the Persian Gulf War combined and it approaches the &#036;191 billion inflation-adjusted cost of World War I."

-William D. Nordhaus, Yale Economist[/b][/quote]

[quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Sep 8 2003, 05:36 PM

[/b][/quote]
    And this just started yesterday?

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Dude Love+Sep 10 2003, 11:27 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Dude Love @ Sep 10 2003, 11:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bitonti[/i]@Sep 8 2003, 05:36 PM

[/b][/quote]
    And this just started yesterday? [/b][/quote]
    Yeah Dude - no one was poor or even slightly unhappy until Bush took over. In fact, corporations weren&#39;t even powerful back then.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Sep 9 2003, 03:47 PM
    [b] yes Bush is in the process of screwing America to help out his corporate buddies, his rich friends and the other meatpuppets in his secret clubs like Skull and Bones and the TriLateral Commission. Everyone else can get bent as far as he&#39;s concerned.
    [/b][/quote]
    You forgot the Black Helicopters and the Great Mother Wheel orbiting the Earth.

Seriously, dude, I&#39;m embarrassed that I wasted about 1000 pages debating you.

You gonna camp out 3 days before the election to be the first in line to vote against GWB? Go for it, just stop whining already&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb+Sep 10 2003, 12:37 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Spirit of Weeb @ Sep 10 2003, 12:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bitonti[/i]@Sep 9 2003, 03:47 PM
    [b] yes Bush is in the process of screwing America to help out his corporate buddies, his rich friends and the other meatpuppets in his secret clubs like Skull and Bones and the TriLateral Commission. Everyone else can get bent as far as he&#39;s concerned.
    [/b][/quote]
    You forgot the Black Helicopters and the Great Mother Wheel orbiting the Earth.

Seriously, dude, I&#39;m embarrassed that I wasted about 1000 pages debating you.

You gonna camp out 3 days before the election to be the first in line to vote against GWB? Go for it, just stop whining already&#33; [/b][/quote]
    This thread stopped being serious for me the day Bitonti blamed George Bush for the weather.