Thread: Dodger fan killed by visiting Giant fan

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dodger fan was shot and killed after Dodger loss in LA
    Suspect was Giant fan who escaped.

Whats next?

Anybody at the game a few years ago when a fan was stabbed? If I recall correctly, it was a Patriot fan who stabbed a Jet fan. I never heard the disposition of that case, anybody know what happened to the bastard?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope they STONED him that is BULL**** you goto a game to enjoy yourself.And you have to worrt about getting shanked or shot it is crap.It was like in Oakland was hosting the Fish and they would not let the guy go anywhere the pissed on him in the bathroom.That is not sportsmanship

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh, my favorite fans, those Raider idiots.
    Back when Nagle was the QB, 91 I think, they got a Steeler fan in the bathroom and beat him into a coma. I never heard anymore about him, he's probably in a rehab center somewhere, unable to feed himself.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just another example of our failing society. Don't like the SPORTS TEAM of another person? Just shoot him!

I know ESPN in its tiny "Sportscenter" mentality thinks Oakland fans are funny or whatever, but the NFL should be held responsible for allowing its product to be shown in an unsafe environment. Its an absolute JOKE that other fans are sublected to criminal treatment on a weekly basis in Oakland and apparently nothing is being done about it.

It has nothing to do with, "Well, you should know better than to go". Bull****. The Colluseum is a PUBLIC FORUM for Sports, if someone wants to pay their money to watch their team play, they should at least be reasonably safe from physical harm. What is this, Iraq? We can't POLICE our public areas?

If Oakland is unable to clean up the situation, the NFL should demand it be done, or start penalizing Oakland in some manner, such as fines that count against the cap. This should go for ANY stadium featuring NFL games in which attending fans are routinely subject to assault by gangs of "home Team Fans".

Then again, Oakland PLAYERS aren't even safe from one another...

Its just Pathetic.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of ESPN, their Sportscenter mentioned it at the very end, for about 4 seconds. I did not see the whole thing, did they mention it at the beginning?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was a pretty late-breaking story. I'm sure OTL and Sports Reporters and whatnot will delve into this much more deeply. This is just absolutely horrible. I've known Giants fans to be more of the middle-aged white man, so I don't know how much an SF exacerbated it. It was probably just a drunk, frustrated Dodger fan who saw a guy in a Giants hat. The LA guy screamed, cursed, then brought out his "little friend." Truly dispicable.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Stewdawg[/i]@Sep 20 2003, 09:00 AM
    [b] Dodger fan was shot and killed after Dodger loss in LA
    Suspect was Giant fan who escaped.

Whats next?

Anybody at the game a few years ago when a fan was stabbed? If I recall correctly, it was a Patriot fan who stabbed a Jet fan. I never heard the disposition of that case, anybody know what happened to the bastard? [/b][/quote]
    Escaped from what? Do they mean the guy escaped after he shot him? :wacko:

DOLPHINWORSHIPPER2
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetMedic[/i]@Sep 20 2003, 01:25 PM
    [b] Just another example of our failing society. Don't like the SPORTS TEAM of another person? Just shoot him!

I know ESPN in its tiny "Sportscenter" mentality thinks Oakland fans are funny or whatever, but the NFL should be held responsible for allowing its product to be shown in an unsafe environment. Its an absolute JOKE that other fans are sublected to criminal treatment on a weekly basis in Oakland and apparently nothing is being done about it.

It has nothing to do with, "Well, you should know better than to go". Bull****. The Colluseum is a PUBLIC FORUM for Sports, if someone wants to pay their money to watch their team play, they should at least be reasonably safe from physical harm. What is this, Iraq? We can't POLICE our public areas?

If Oakland is unable to clean up the situation, the NFL should demand it be done, or start penalizing Oakland in some manner, such as fines that count against the cap. This should go for ANY stadium featuring NFL games in which attending fans are routinely subject to assault by gangs of "home Team Fans".

Then again, Oakland PLAYERS aren't even safe from one another...

Its just Pathetic. [/b][/quote]
    Well put

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    .......and on that note I can't wait to head to Indianapolis on Nov 15th and Buffalo on Dec 7th to wear my colors and root the Jets on to victory. :blink:

Time to start checking the CCW reciprocity laws for Indiana and New York.

I will be interested to hear what went down. There has to be more to it.........maybe???? There is a lesson to be learned here and I think we already know what it is. When you go into someone else's house as a fan of the opposing team, a certain degree of tact, humility and common sense is required. If you plan on leaving any of those three things at home, then you'd better have about 15 other fans with you.