Thread: Digital Cameras

Brenjetsfan
    shopping around for one....any suggestions out there? I need an ABC one...REAL SIMPLE...nothing tooooo fancy. :P

i like the Sony Mavica's cause they are really reliable and write directly to a small 3 inch CD, which means you can take about 200 pictures before changing CD's.

Brenjetsfan
    you can only take so many pics with regular ones? Do you have to have a cd burner to copy them to computer?

most cameras have memory sticks and they are sold seperately, only hold a certain amount blah blah blah - there are some really good memory stick cameras that hold alot but they tend to be the priciest ones

the way the sony's work the photos get burned on to CD as you take the pics. when you are done with the CD you "finalize" it in the camera and then just put it into any computer CDrom drive to read and copy.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Bren, be sure to get one with video capability. Then you can shoot your own virtual tours.

Brenjetsfan
    OK thanks guys..going to buy 1 today for the Yankee game today!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

canon s400 is easily the best quality (and smallest) 'simple' camera. get a high-speed 256 MB or larger compact flash card for another $80 and you're all set.

i got one for my wife last month, she doesn't like to set ANYTHING manually, and she loves it, carries it everwhere (it's really small).

[quote][i]Originally posted by isired[/i]@Oct 9 2003, 02:42 PM
    [b] canon s400 is easily the best quality (and smallest) 'simple' camera. get a high-speed 256 MB or larger compact flash card for another $80 and you're all set.

i got one for my wife last month, she doesn't like to set ANYTHING manually, and she loves it, carries it everwhere (it's really small). [/b][/quote]

Absolutely. The Canon S400 or the S230. They're basically the same camera except the S230 is the older model. They're perfect. The size of a pack of cigarettes, simple, and has all the features.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by gamebreaker+Oct 9 2003, 06:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (gamebreaker @ Oct 9 2003, 06:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--isired[/i]@Oct 9 2003, 02:42 PM
    [b] canon s400 is easily the best quality (and smallest) &#39;simple&#39; camera. get a high-speed 256 MB or larger compact flash card for another &#036;80 and you&#39;re all set.

i got one for my wife last month, she doesn&#39;t like to set ANYTHING manually, and she loves it, carries it everwhere (it&#39;s really small). [/b][/quote]

Absolutely. The Canon S400 or the S230. They&#39;re basically the same camera except the S230 is the older model. They&#39;re perfect. The size of a pack of cigarettes, simple, and has all the features. [/b][/quote]
    s230 is 3 megapixel, s400 is 4 - takes a &#39;bigger&#39; picture, better if you want 8 x 10&#39;s or larger...

Veteran
    canon makes good quality cameras, but the battery life deterred me. i decided and went ahead with the nikon coolpix. i think the nikon is better bang for the buck. the 4300 is at a reasonable price now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I have a Olympus C-700 I love&#33;&#33; ;)