Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush Limbaugh..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    First, I'm not a Limbaugh fan.

...he didn't say Vick was overrated. (because he isn't)

...he didn't say Quincy Carter was overrated (I don't know myself)

Maybe McNabb IS overrated. If so, the reason why is anyone's guess, and I think there are plenty of reasons one could come up with OTHER than race ....and Rush is wrong.

The media does like to highlight "firsts", and highlighting minority people acheiving new heights is always popular. ...for Rush to suggest that is happening with Mr. McNabb is incorrect, but I don't think it's unreasonable.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jets5ever[/i]@Oct 1 2003, 03:34 PM
    [b] I mean, McNair is unreal and flys below the radar, media-wise. At least, outside of sports media. I don't see McNair Chunky commercials, etc and he is 5X the QB McNabb is. So Rush's "theory" kind of loses steam, unless, of course, he also thinks McNair is overrated, but I can't see how he would think so. [/b][/quote]
    Good point.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite[/i]@Oct 1 2003, 07:45 PM
    [b] I liked him better when he was going deaf and started talking like helen keller on the air [/b][/quote]
    That was all a publicity stunt to get his ratings up. He used it for a few weeks and then was miraculously cured.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rush is finished. Not only will this cost him his [i]ESPN[/i] gig, but he's gonna lose his radio show as well. Stick a fork in him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators[/i]@Oct 1 2003, 04:21 PM
    [b] Rush is finished. Not only will this cost him his [i]ESPN[/i] gig, but he's gonna lose his radio show as well. Stick a fork in him. [/b][/quote]
    He really gets under you liberals skins, doesn't he? GOOD.

You're wrong (as usual), the ESPN program he's on has increased it's ratings by 10%. It's only going to rise this week after all the whining.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]He really gets under you liberals skins, doesn't he? GOOD.

You're wrong (as usual), the ESPN program he's on has increased it's ratings by 10%. It's only going to rise this week after all the whining. [/b][/quote]

I wouldn't say he's the voice for "all" conservatives either.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    And i`ll come to his defense and say the rest of you who didn`t hear what he said are also idiots ...what he said was McNab was overrated and the main reason the eagles got as far as they did was because of their defense and that was proven when he got injured last year and their back up carrted them through.RUSH also did say that the reason for his overrating and people are making him out to be a super QB "may" be because the nfl wants to see other AFRICAN AMERICANS GET A SHOT AT THE qb POSITION in the NFL and McNabs success opens the door for them....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I must be missing something here, all the guy said was that McNabb was overrated because the media wanted to see a particular black QB { McNabb } do well, He didn't say ALL black QB's are overrated, if he did it would be indefensible.

Is it so implausable to think there are some members of the media who may want McNabb to succeed because of the injustices that black QB's had to face in the past and may be more leery of criticizing a black QB because of them.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Preparing to get slammed:

Why is it any time a person makes a comment and says race may play a factor, he or she becomes a racist? I think people are being oversensitive. He didn't say anything against any race? He called a player overrated, which he is, and used race as the underlying factor. People are wound up way too tight.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]RUSH also did say that the reason for his overrating and people are making him out to be a super QB "may" be because the nfl wants to see other AFRICAN AMERICANS GET A SHOT AT THE qb POSITION in the NFL and McNabs success opens the door for them.... [/b][/quote]

And you'll come to his defense for that.

So, I guess the influx of guys like Steve Mcnair, Dante Culpepper, Micheal Vick, and Byron Leftwich hasn't proven that blacks are getting a shot at QB

There's no need for a token, So why would race have any bearing on how we rate Mcnabb....It's not like he's the only successful black QB.

It was a stupid comment, not racist, but completely iggnorant of facts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by southernjet+Oct 1 2003, 03:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (southernjet @ Oct 1 2003, 03:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TerryBadway[/i]@Oct 1 2003, 05:54 PM
    [b] Poor Rush, the voice of mid-america. [/b][/quote]
    meaning? [/b][/quote]
    I think what TB means is that he feels sorry for rush because it is true, he is the voice of mid-america i.e. hillybilly white trash.

Rush has made a career of having no real opinion instead just going along with every cracker from the heartland of america. Every single topic, you dont even have to know where he stands because if its ultra conservative- hes there.

"Homeless reports?"- thats what rush has on his shows. he plays a silly song with lryics like "aint got a home, aint got a brother, not even a mutha..." Hes a jerk because every homeless person has a mother and father somewhere. 90% of them are mentally ill so thats what rush does, make fun of the mentally ill who live in our streets. Hes a piece of sh*t. He just repeats what crackers around this country want to hear.

Now, me and TB, see we are cultured folk. Our political opinions vary depending on what is right, and we tend to support the down-troden of this great nation...
    aint that right mah man?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You can get an idea of why Rush is getting slammed by noting the usual label "[u]conservative"[/u] talk show host in that article describing the supposed flap. I never hear "liberal" or "left wing" applied to the likes of Phil Donahue, Larry King, or Katie Couric when an article mentions them, although that would certainly be fair. It&#39;s the usual media double standard at work.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you MJ ...this just goes to prove how far the scales have tipped the other way ,A white guy critizises a AA play and everyones ready to have the guy fired but let the lions OWNER ,THATS RIGHT OWNER THE GUY WHO PAID ALL THAT MONEY FOR A MISARABLE ORG, TRY AND BRING IN A WINNING COACH THE GUY HE WANTED TO LEAD HIS TEAM TO VICTORIES AND HE`AND HIS ORG. ARE BRANDED RACIESTS CAUSE THEY ONLY INTERVIEWED THE GUY THEY WANTED . And CORTRELL crying cause he wasn`t interviwed he`s bad enough on defense would any of you honestly want this guy as ouy coach

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite[/i]@Oct 1 2003, 04:41 PM
    [b] Rush has made a career of having no real opinion [/b][/quote]
    This has to be a first, Rush Limbaugh getting slammed because he DOESN&#39;T have an opinion.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by MARYLAND JET+Oct 1 2003, 04:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (MARYLAND JET @ Oct 1 2003, 04:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--dickkotite[/i]@Oct 1 2003, 04:41 PM
    [b] Rush has made a career of having no real opinion [/b][/quote]
    This has to be a first, Rush Limbaugh getting slammed because he DOESN&#39;T have an opinion. [/b][/quote]
    No silly, he doesnt have a real opinion because no matter what the issue is, he is going to take the far right wing position ALL THE TIME.

Im conservative as well but Im gonna call a spade a spade when i sees one.

If you never deviate from the classic far right position then you are just playing a role, a role as the voice of cracker america GET IT?&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dickkotite[/i]@Oct 1 2003, 04:41 PM
    [b] [QUOTE=southernjet,Oct 1 2003, 03:54 PM] [, he is the voice of mid-america i.e. hillybilly white trash.

Rush has made a career of having no real opinion instead just going along with every cracker from the heartland of america.
    ? [/b][/quote]
    And these aren`t raciest statements right .This is typical of the far left liberals ,you`ve tried to get this guy off the air for years and failed .

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Right DICK K just like we have to listen to HILLARY AND BLOWJ*B BILL preach the far left opinion all the time

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are not racist statements because i am white.

If a black guy calls his buddy a nigger, its not racist. If a white guy does, it is racist.

Look, me being a liberal is laughable. I own guns, vote for bush, am against abortion, Im pro- iraqi war (still) and reagan was the greatest president of our time.
    That being said, I am wise an honest enough to say that the cop who beat rodney king should be in prison for life.

You dont have to agree with me but I drift from my conservative ways when things are not right . Rush has NEVER drifted, therefore hes just an actor=no real opinions

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by joiseyjet[/i]@Oct 1 2003, 04:52 PM
    [b] Right DICK K just like we have to listen to HILLARY AND BLOWJ*B BILL preach the far left opinion all the time [/b][/quote]
    ???
    Ok now somehow I am a clinton supporter.

Actually, clinton was a good president.

There I told the truth and drifted.....

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by parkwayjet1[/i]@Oct 1 2003, 04:43 PM
    [b] You can get an idea of why Rush is getting slammed by noting the usual label "[u]conservative"[/u] talk show host in that article describing the supposed flap. I never hear "liberal" or "left wing" applied to the likes of Phil Donahue, Larry King, or Katie Couric when an article mentions them, although that would certainly be fair. It&#39;s the usual media double standard at work. [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s because the Liberals control ABC...NBC...CBS...PBS....CNN....The New York Times....The LA Times....etc...etc....

America was only getting the Liberal point of view on most stories until Fox News Channel came along....Now Fox is kicking @ss....