Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush Limbaugh..

All League
    I See some of you guys have been reading Ann Coulter's books.

Pathetic.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TerryBadway[/i]@Oct 1 2003, 04:59 PM
    [b] I See some of you guys have been reading Ann Coulter's books.

Pathetic. [/b][/quote]
    The TRUTH is pathetic ?.

[quote][i]Originally posted by TerryBadway[/i]@Oct 1 2003, 04:59 PM
    [b] I See some of you guys have been reading Ann Coulter's books.

Pathetic. [/b][/quote]
    TB

10-15 years ago there was some truth to her stuff but now days the conservative positions are very popular in the media.

I think McNabb might be a little over rated. I'm not saying he isn't good but I think the Eagles defense might have covered up the fact that he isn't as good as most people think. Take this year for instance, the Eagles D sucks and what has McNabb done? Thats right, nothing!

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

I heard him many times over the years question the "FAR RIGHT " POWERS that be and be very critical on issues that the right has try to push over the years . I know cause i`ve seen it in person when I used to go to the tapings of his TV show in NYC..... Bill O`rieley is the same way ,people on the left say he`s to far right &eople on the right say he`s to far left

[quote][i]Originally posted by TerryBadway[/i]@Oct 1 2003, 04:38 PM
    [b] [quote][b]RUSH also did say that the reason for his overrating and people are making him out to be a super QB "may" be because the nfl wants to see other AFRICAN AMERICANS GET A SHOT AT THE qb POSITION in the NFL and McNabs success opens the door for them.... [/b][/quote]

And you'll come to his defense for that.

So, I guess the influx of guys like Steve Mcnair, Dante Culpepper, Micheal Vick, and Byron Leftwich hasn't proven that blacks are getting a shot at QB

There's no need for a token, So why would race have any bearing on how we rate Mcnabb....It's not like he's the only successful black QB.

It was a stupid comment, not racist, but completely iggnorant of facts. [/b][/quote]
    I gotta tell you TB< your on the money here....

Good black QB&#39;s are all too common therefore no need to even bring up mcnabs race

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by tailgators[/i]@Oct 1 2003, 03:28 PM
    [b] Rush Limbaugh is a big fat idiot.

Thank goodness his 15 minutes are up. [/b][/quote]
    I would say that the fact that it is being discussed here indicates otherwise.

[quote][i]Originally posted by joiseyjet[/i]@Oct 1 2003, 05:05 PM
    [b] I heard him many times over the years question the "FAR RIGHT " POWERS that be and be very critical on issues that the right has try to push over the years . I know cause i`ve seen it in person when I used to go to the tapings of his TV show in NYC..... Bill O`rieley is the same way ,people on the left say he`s to far right &eople on the right say he`s to far left [/b][/quote]
    Well I havent heard rush much lately but years ago I used to listen to him a lot and he NEVER drifted from "the" position. Maybe this is something new? I dunno.
    rush couldnt wipe oriellys butt

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Careful BUCKEYE They`ll be calling for your head and banishing you from the board next....

McNabb is over-rated. I just don&#39;t believe that he&#39;s over-rated because he&#39;s black. I think he&#39;s over-rated/hyped because he can run, and for some reason the media is obsessed with qbs who can run. I think it just so happens that right now the best running qbs are black, so they get over-rated/hyped the most right now.

Kordell was a media darling a few years ago even though he&#39;s never been a good qb. Again I don&#39;t think because he&#39;s black, but because he can run. The media loves having catchy phrases they can turn to and one of the biggest one&#39;s right now is "mobile quarterback". Everyone says you need a mobile quarterback. This despite the fact that the last 4 Superbowls have been won by Johnson, Brady, Dilfer, and Warner - none of whom are mobile.

I think Rush could have made his point without bringing race into the issue.

All League
    [quote][b]TB

10-15 years ago there was some truth to her stuff but now days the conservative positions are very popular in the media[/b][/quote]

DK,

You know a little about my background. What you may not know, is that i&#39;m not liberal, nor do I sit on the fence (So I&#39;m sure you can catch what i&#39;m getting at).

However, one of the things that i&#39;m getting sick and tired of is the "Black people get all the breaks", BS that some conservatives tout. Joisey & LG&M posted pretty strongly about their beleifs in this phenomenon.

The beleive that african-americans have "1 up" on everybody else, is one of the more laughable things i&#39;ve ever heard. I don&#39;t know who brainwashes some to beleive this, but as the saying goes, people see what they want to see.

Psychologically speaking: Perceptual Defense

[quote][i]Originally posted by TerryBadway[/i]@Oct 1 2003, 04:38 PM
    [b] [quote][b]RUSH also did say that the reason for his overrating and people are making him out to be a super QB "may" be because the nfl wants to see other AFRICAN AMERICANS GET A SHOT AT THE qb POSITION in the NFL and McNabs success opens the door for them.... [/b][/quote]

And you&#39;ll come to his defense for that.

So, I guess the influx of guys like Steve Mcnair, Dante Culpepper, Micheal Vick, and Byron Leftwich hasn&#39;t proven that blacks are getting a shot at QB

There&#39;s no need for a token, So why would race have any bearing on how we rate Mcnabb....It&#39;s not like he&#39;s the only successful black QB.

It was a stupid comment, not racist, but completely iggnorant of facts. [/b][/quote]
    Welcome to the world of [b][i]"lowered expectations"[/i][/b] Donovan :lol: .....He might want to talk to Jeremy Shockey, Keith Brooking or Ed McCaffery some time. I&#39;ve heard or read, from time to time, that all these players were elevated due to their race :rolleyes:

A couple months ago, a poster here even went on to explain how Brooking tended to be "overrated", because the media was looking for a "White hero"......My a&#036;&#036;, Brooking&#39;s overrated and I&#39;d have to say McNabb has nothing to be ashamed of either, despite the fact that black QB&#39;s are not exactly really common in the NFL (just as white, impact LBers are rare). Look at Donavon&#39;s stats his first 3 seasons as a starter, you&#39;ll see a quality QB. Maybe not top 5, but likely in that 8 to 12 range. He&#39;s good.

I think, whether consiously or subconsiously, some fans tend to sterotype sports personalities: for example, if your a black QB or GM, you&#39;re looked at in the same way a white DB or WR is--an oddity. Because of that, these players tend to get greater scrutiny and their negatives are magnified at times.

It&#39;s real easy to say a McNabb or Shockey is elevated by race. In some ways, perhaps, it does draw more attention to them, but their talent should speak for itself, right?

P.S: McNair didn&#39;t really become a great QB until 2 years ago, so give D. Mac more time. I don&#39;t think D. Mac has the physical skills of McNair, but McNair is an easy top 5 in the NFL.......Oh yea, by the way, McNabb gets more endorsements than McNair because he&#39;s got more "charisima" and "TV appeal".....McNair can get very "steely eyed" and "robotic" in the way he speaks.....Just not a real good pitchman.

Hall Of Fame
    In this day in age, no such thing as bad publicity. ESPN will fire him...off another check. A stupid ignorant obnoxious comment. But we&#39;re talking about it, and ESPN&#39;S ratings this Sunday will go through the roof. I almost think ESPN put him up to it.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@Oct 1 2003, 05:23 PM
    [b] In this day in age, no such thing as bad publicity. ESPN will fire him...off another check. A stupid ignorant obnoxious comment. But we&#39;re talking about it, and ESPN&#39;S ratings this Sunday will go through the roof. I almost think ESPN put him up to it. [/b][/quote]
    There is no doubt ESPN wanted it......They stated, from the start, that they wanted Rush to create controversy, so how does that happen, by Rush slamming Pittsburgh and Houston for running the 3-4 defense?

Of course, you knew the race thing would come up with him, at ESPN&#39;s urging. I, however, figured it would be due to the head coaching hires.

I&#39;d bet Berman, Jackson and Irvin all know what Rush was going to say in advance, so they could think about their responses; that&#39;s how "live TV" is--- very fake.

McNabb sucks. He is overrated and has no idea where the hell his ball is going. He isn&#39;t accurate, I&#39;d take about 2/3 of the QBs in the league over him. As far as black QBs go, McNair is the best by far.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by TerryBadway[/i]@Oct 1 2003, 05:14 PM
    [b] [QUOTE]TB

The beleive that african-americans have "1 up" on everybody else, is one of the more laughable things i&#39;ve ever heard. I don&#39;t know who brainwashes some to beleive this, but as the saying goes, people see what they want to see.

Psychologically speaking: Perceptual Defense [/b][/quote]
    OK TERRY ,I`ll bite..... Laughable ,whens the last time a black officer was put on trial for shooting a white kid(you think this never happens cause you don`t see or hear it) whens the last time a AFRICAN AMERICAN was tried in the media for beating up or killing a white person ,why don`t we see this on the news ? white People are bypassed every day for jobs and job permotions to put a minority in a position of stature for no other reason then to be politically correct .a perfect example is a gentlemen in my building had been working for there 10 years as a night maint, person ,he was given a asst.supervisiour position, good for him,but the man can`t read or right at all ,if one of us from the day shift leaves him a note and the supervisiour is out he has to get one of the cleaning people (who can barely speak english ) tell him what this says ,there were other people more qualified for this job but were bypassed ,just to be politcally correct ,I assure they didn`t think it was laughable..... PS. someone in personel had to fill out the application for the promotion... you here about reverse discrimination every day ....DISCRIMINATION IN ANY FORM IS WRONG.. The best person should get the job period ,a person shouldn`t get a job or not get it based on anything but performence and you shouldn`t be kept there either to be politically correct.

All Pro
    Jason Kidd is overrated because he&#39;s white.

And Yao Ming is overrated because he&#39;s Chinese.

And Tiger Woods is overrated because he&#39;s......whatever the hell he is.

....or maybe these guys are just good.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JerryK[/i]@Oct 1 2003, 05:43 PM
    [b] Jason Kidd is overrated because he&#39;s white.

And Yao Ming is overrated because he&#39;s Chinese.

And Tiger Woods is overrated because he&#39;s......whatever the hell he is.

....or maybe these guys are just good. [/b][/quote]
    Jason Kidd&#39;s white ?.

[quote][i]Originally posted by joiseyjet[/i]@Oct 1 2003, 09:42 PM
    [b] but the man can`t read or right at all [/b][/quote]
    Can&#39;t read or RIGHT at all? was that with pun intended or did you just use "right" instead of "write" whlie pointing out somebody elses inability to read or WRITE?

Hall Of Fame
    What is that disgusting bloted blob doing on TV anyway?