Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This!!!!!!&

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I have so many different feelings of emotion right now. I am nervous, scared, anxious and excited. This is going to be a special game either way.

Roger Clemens vs Pedro Martinez in Yankee Stadium
    New York Yankees vs Boston Red Sox- Game 7- American League Championship Series- Winner goes to The World Series.

Everything is on the line. Does it get any bigger or better than this as a sports fan. Yankees-Red Sox is the biggest and best rivalry in all of sports. Talk about a Bragging Rights game. Damn, It just can't get any bigger than this. The stakes are so HIGH!!!!!!!!!& #33;!!!...This is like a championship fight to end all championship fights. The so called "Evil Empire" vs The Curse of The Bambino Red Sox. The entire nation is going to root for The Red Sox like they did for The Cubs.

This has been a crazy series with alot of ups and downs and hearts will be racing fast tonight. Maybe, The game itself will be a letdown and maybe it will be decided early but could you imagine if this game was close late. The thing that helps The Yankees in this game is that not only are they at home but since Mariano wasn't used last night. The Yanks could use him for three damn innings if they want. I guess, The Sox could go to Wakefield if Pedro gets them through 6 or 7 innings.

I'm only 22 and I can't remember a bigger game than tonight as a sports fan. May the best team win.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this your attempt at "non-jinxing" the Yankees.

Please, just strap on a set. Then tell us Sox fans how bad the Yanks are gonna kill us tonight.....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let me tell you this .....

I was a young boy when Muhammad Ali squared off verses Smokin Joe Farzier at MSG .. Ali Vs Frazier I

I have always contended that was the biggest event in NY Sports history ... or at least in my lifetime

There was a buzz in the air {on the streets of NY} as that fight approached that one simply cannot describe ... no words would do it justice ... you had to be there ... you had to be living in NY at the time to fully grasp the magnitude of that event

Got to the point where all folks wanted to talk about was "THE FIGHT"

And that's what it was called ... "THE FIGHT" ... that's all that needed to be said

But what I'll never forget ... what has stood with me till this day ... on the streets of the lower eastside, you could have heard a pin drop on FIGHT NIGHT

Everyone ... EVERYONE ... was either at the fight, at the closed circuit theatre watching the fight, or home listening to the fight on the radio

The streets of the lower eastside were empty ... NYC, Downtown NYC, where the streets were always filled with people, was transformed into a Ghost Town!!

There was a tension in the air on "FIGHT NIGHT" that cannot be described ... you just felt it in your bones ... you knew something REALLY BIG was happening

This wasn't just a fight ... IT WAS AN EVENT ... and it was an event unlike any other that most folks had ever experienced ... IT WAS EVERYTHING

The City came to a complete hault ... only one thing mattered that night ... "THE FIGHT"

Well, it took 30+ Years but I have that feeling again ... this city has that feeling again ... there is a tension in the air today ... there is a buzz on the city streets ... tonite only one thing matters ... "GAME 7"

Much like Ali Vs Frazier I ... you no-longer need to name the participants ... once upon a time all one needed to say was "THE FIGHT" ... tonite all one needs to say is "GAME 7"

"GAME 7"

It took a lifetime, but I have found an event to rival "THE FIGHT" ... "GAME 7"

Trust me my friends, win or lose ... you won't ever forget this nite

I know, cause 30+ Years Ago I was a young boy who barely understood the sport of Boxing ... but 30 Years later I remember that nite as if it were yesterday

"GAME 7"

The City is buzzing ... there's tension in the air ... tonite Yankee Stadium is the center of the universe, Just as MSG was the center of the universe 30+ Years Ago ... the only thing that matters is happening in the Bronx ... "GAME 7"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Green Jets that is a great f-ing post!!

I was 10 years old the night of "The Fight" and I'll never forget it. My Dad took me to a closed circuit theater to watch it. It was the first time I had ever been out that late and heard grown ups curse. What a night!!

BTW...I'm at the office today but my thoughts are all geared to tonight's game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    being 30 years old besides Game 7 form the Mets in 1986 ( i am a yankee fan)
    the biggest game in NYC had to be Game 7 1994 NY RANGERS WINNING THE CUP (BEATING OUT GAME 7 vs THE DEVILS DOUBLE OT - MATEUA MATEUA MATEAU!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tailgators@Oct 16 2003, 02:00 PM
    Green Jets that is a great f-ing post!!

I was 10 years old the night of "The Fight" and I'll never forget it. My Dad took me to a closed circuit theater to watch it. It was the first time I had ever been out that late and heard grown ups curse. What a night!!

BTW...I'm at the office today but my thoughts are all geared to tonight's game.
    Thanks Tail

This is not any old Game 7 ... this is Ali Vs Frazier all over again ... bitter rivals till the end ... squaring off in a Winner Take All ... the pennant on the line ... and it all takes place tonite

"Game 7"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Oct 16 2003, 02:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Green Jets & Ham @ Oct 16 2003, 02:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--tailgators@Oct 16 2003, 02:00 PM
    Green Jets that is a great f-ing post&#33;&#33;

I was 10 years old the night of "The Fight" and I&#39;ll never forget it. My Dad took me to a closed circuit theater to watch it. It was the first time I had ever been out that late and heard grown ups curse. What a night&#33;&#33;

BTW...I&#39;m at the office today but my thoughts are all geared to tonight&#39;s game.
    Thanks Tail

This is not any old Game 7 ... this is Ali Vs Frazier all over again ... bitter rivals till the end ... squaring off in a Winner Take All ... the pennant on the line ... and it all takes place tonite

"Game 7" [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;re so right there&#39;s so much history on the line tonight.

The YANKEES have to win, because lets face it we&#39;ve got so much more to lose.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by djaparz@Oct 16 2003, 02:03 PM
    being 30 years old besides Game 7 form the Mets in 1986 ( i am a yankee fan)
    the biggest game in NYC had to be Game 7 1994 NY RANGERS WINNING THE CUP (BEATING OUT GAME 7 vs THE DEVILS DOUBLE OT - MATEUA MATEUA MATEAU&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    I&#39;m a big time Ranger fan ( even though they suck) so 94 ( devs and Van game 7&#39;s) were big for me..BUT

Growing up in CT and going to school where there were mostly SOX fans ( xavier in middletown), and the fact that the SOX were coming of their 75 classic season, the Chris Chambliss game ( 7) against the Royals was BIG.. AND of course, 78&#39;s playoff game was big ..BUCKY

hey, maybe Boone will hit a walk off tonight&#33;&#33;&#33; Noone expects sh*t from him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How on earth do you figure the Yanks have more to lose?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by gmogmo@Oct 16 2003, 02:40 PM
    Because we&#39;ll have to listen to the typically ignorant sox fans crow about it. They&#39;ll be acting as if suddenly their pathetic history somehow compares to the YANKEES.

It was the same thing with the mets in 2000. If by some act of God the mets beat the YANKEES in that series we would&#39;ve never heard the end of it.

Same thing with you guys.

1918&#33;&#33;

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by gmogmo@Oct 16 2003, 02:40 PM
    The Yanks are expected to win...Even if they beat the Sox and lose to the fish, it will be considered a horrible failure.

If the Sox beat the yanks and lose to the fish, it still will be a great year because you beat the big guy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aaron boone is just as good as ahoutter as Brett is as a commentator - they both STINK&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tailgators+Oct 16 2003, 04:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tailgators @ Oct 16 2003, 04:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--gmogmo@Oct 16 2003, 02:40 PM
    Because we&#39;ll have to listen to the typically ignorant sox fans crow about it. They&#39;ll be acting as if suddenly their pathetic history somehow compares to the YANKEES.

It was the same thing with the mets in 2000. If by some act of God the mets beat the YANKEES in that series we would&#39;ve never heard the end of it.

Same thing with you guys.

1918&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Your an odd (and very Angry) bird Tail.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I&#39;d be shocked if Enrique Wilson rather than Boone isnt&#39; at 3B tonight. Boone had done NOTHING. I mean, we&#39;re pinch hitting for a corner. NOBODY EVER DOES THAT.

The Boone and Weaver trades have both turned out awfully. Ventura is superior defensively, and at least he wouldn&#39;t have struck out every time up. Boone is an automatic out.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by YoungJetsFan@Oct 16 2003, 12:46 PM
    I have so many different feelings of emotion right now. I am nervous, scared, anxious and excited. This is going to be a special game either way.

Roger Clemens vs Pedro Martinez in Yankee Stadium
    New York Yankees vs Boston Red Sox- Game 7- American League Championship Series- Winner goes to The World Series.

Everything is on the line. Does it get any bigger or better than this as a sports fan. Yankees-Red Sox is the biggest and best rivalry in all of sports. Talk about a Bragging Rights game. Damn, It just can&#39;t get any bigger than this. The stakes are so HIGH&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;& #33;&#33;&#33;&#33;...This is like a championship fight to end all championship fights. The so called "Evil Empire" vs The Curse of The Bambino Red Sox. The entire nation is going to root for The Red Sox like they did for The Cubs.

This has been a crazy series with alot of ups and downs and hearts will be racing fast tonight. Maybe, The game itself will be a letdown and maybe it will be decided early but could you imagine if this game was close late. The thing that helps The Yankees in this game is that not only are they at home but since Mariano wasn&#39;t used last night. The Yanks could use him for three damn innings if they want. I guess, The Sox could go to Wakefield if Pedro gets them through 6 or 7 innings.

I&#39;m only 22 and I can&#39;t remember a bigger game than tonight as a sports fan. May the best team win.
    please don&#39;t jinx us

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ctjetfan@Oct 16 2003, 02:40 PM
    ... AND of course, 78&#39;s playoff game was big .. BUCKY

hey, maybe Boone will hit a walk off tonight&#33;&#33;&#33; Noone expects sh*t from him
    Good Call, CT

IF the Yankees win {the operative word being "IF"}, the hero will likely be a roll player who you would least expect to deliver the key blow

Aaron Boone is a pefect candidate, but he will not be in the lineup tonite ... Wilson fairs well verses Pedro, so he&#39;s playing 3B

But if you&#39;re lookin for an unlikely hero, how bout Jason Giambi?

At this point folks have about as much confidence in Giambi delivering the BIG HIT as they do Aaron Boone ... maybe even less

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can&#39;t believe that I spent 150 bucks on concert tickets for my wife and I and the show falls on the same night at the same time as game 7&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33 ;&#33;&#33;

are you f-ing kidding me, I can&#39;t throw 150 bucks down the drain so i&#39;ll be at the show with my brotehr calling me every inning to give me an update, but it just won&#39;t be the same man, damn what luck I have, that is why I wanted to close this thing out last night, I hope it is just a 12-0 blowout by the yanks cause if I miss a classic battle I will cry&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&# 33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by gmogmo@Oct 16 2003, 02:47 PM
    No I just tell it like it is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tailgators+Oct 16 2003, 04:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tailgators @ Oct 16 2003, 04:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--gmogmo@Oct 16 2003, 02:47 PM
    No I just tell it like it is. [/b][/quote]
    It would bother you that much for a Sox fan to celebrate a WS?

You don&#39;t play for the Yanks...why would it be such a personal affront for other fans to celebrate a WS title...the team you root for has won tons of them during your lifetime?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mean Bro Green@Oct 16 2003, 02:58 PM
    I can&#39;t believe that I spent 150 bucks on concert tickets for my wife and I and the show falls on the same night at the same time as game 7&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33 ;&#33;&#33;

are you f-ing kidding me, I can&#39;t throw 150 bucks down the drain so i&#39;ll be at the show .....
    MBG, are you kidding me?

I would take a &#036;100 Bill and burn it right not ... literally take a match and light that baby on fire, if a failure to do so means I miss GAME 7

Dude, give your wife the tickets and tell her to call her best Girlfriend ... I&#39;m sure she&#39;ll understand