Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To The Red Sox Nation

I know this does not mean much right now and if you want to tell me to go F myself that is fine.

You guys had one hell of a season.

Great Warriors
    Great Courage throughout the series.

Congrats on a great year and boy am I glad this one is over.

No Red Sox and No Cubs = No Interest

What a crappy World Series

Shawn,

Maybe in 4 months this gesture will mean something.

In the meantime go f*** yourself.

I sincerely hope you never go through, as a sports fan, 1/10th of the pain red sox nation is feeling tonight.

I'm not even going to be rooting against the Yankees in the world series. I just can't care anymore. This was the team. You could feel it. Grady Little.

worse than 86.

And I'm sorry. You deserve better than that for the gesture. I just don't have it in me.

Originally posted by RichardSeymour@Oct 17 2003, 12:26 AM
    Shawn,

Maybe in 4 months this gesture will mean something.

In the meantime go f*** yourself.

I sincerely hope you never go through, as a sports fan, 1/10th of the pain red sox nation is feeling tonight.

I'm not even going to be rooting against the Yankees in the world series. I just can't care anymore. This was the team. You could feel it. Grady Little.

worse than 86.

And I'm sorry. You deserve better than that for the gesture. I just don't have it in me.
    Totally understandable

Banned
    I mean this sincerely;

1918!!!

All Pro
    This loss even managed to cross to Queens. I feel the worst I've ever felt after a baseball game since 2000. This is just awful. I don't even want to divulge any emotional interest in the World Series. As far as I'm concerned, its football and longingly looking towards the Dome for college basketball. What an awful night.

Thank you once again, you fuc*ing pinstripe bastards, for ruining my life for another night.

Banned
    Originally posted by Jetsacuse@Oct 17 2003, 12:36 AM
    Thank you once again, you fuc*ing pinstripe bastards, for ruining my life for another night.
    You're Welcome!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Even though I love The Yankees and hate The RedSox. I truly feel bad for their fans. They invest so much emotionally and their hearts were broken yet again. I knew that this was coming. The same thing happened to The Cubs fans this week. They reached the mountain top only to suffer the hardest fall.

I really respect and admire Red Sox and Cubs fans loyalty and I pity you guys because the story always ends the same way.

If I were The Sox, I would seek out a Babe Ruth family member and hire him to be apart of the organization. It may sound crazy but I'd do it if i were you guys.

Originally posted by YoungJetsFan@Oct 17 2003, 04:52 AM
    Even though I love The Yankees and hate The RedSox. I truly feel bad for their fans. They invest so much emotionally and their hearts were broken yet again. I knew that this was coming. The same thing happened to The Cubs fans this week. They reached the mountain top only to suffer the hardest fall.

I really respect and admire Red Sox and Cubs fans loyalty and I pity you guys because the story always ends the same way.

If I were The Sox, I would seek out a Babe Ruth family member and hire him to be apart of the organization. It may sound crazy but I'd do it if i were you guys.
    I think I would feel more sorry for the Cubs. After all 41 losing seasons in the last 58. We have at least been winning (and finsihing 2nd to the Yanks) and actually in a WS. Although I was a teenager the last time and currentlt sit in my thrties.

F'ing Grady Little

Banned
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Oct 17 2003, 12:55 AM
    I think I would feel more sorry for the Cubs. After all 41 losing seasons in the last 58. We have at least been winning (and finsihing 2nd to the Yanks) and actually in a WS. Although I was a teenager the last time and currentlt sit in my thrties.

Great rationalization!

If it makes you feel better then so be it.

Where's your Babe Ruth photo?

You caved on that awful quick!! :lol:

Let's not make this a trash talking thread please.

There are plenty of other threads for you guys to do that stuff

Originally posted by tailgators@Oct 17 2003, 04:57 AM
    Great rationalization!

If it makes you feel better then so be it.

Where's your Babe Ruth photo?

You caved on that awful quick!! :lol:
    What is the point of it now?

It was up there for the series and the series is over. Hence my new signature until I can find a good Grady Sucks pic. I am sure there will be one soon.

Originally posted by PFSIKH@Oct 17 2003, 12:55 AM

F'ing Grady Little
    I have to disagree with you (and by the way, as is being said on SoSH, it's not a question of whether we kill Grady Little, it's a question of when we hold the lottery to see who gets to do it).

Cubs fans, with this year as somewhat of an exception, have lived with consistantly awful teams. They've endured the equivilant of long, slow chinese water torture.

Red Sox fans, with this year being a SHINING example, have lived with often quite good teams that consistantly find new and creative ways to lose. We've endured the equivilant of an ordinary, good life, interrupted by occasional bouts of intense sadistic inquisition style torture.

Subs fans deserve more credit: rooting for a perennial loser takes more pride.
    Sox fans deserve more sympathy: my god. My god my god my god my god.

Banned
    Originally posted by PFSIKH@Oct 17 2003, 01:02 AM
    Hence my new signature until I can find a good Grady Sucks pic.
    Yeah you're new signature is so brilliant!

Torre fired?

Weren't you just re-introduced to reality about 1/2 an hour ago?

Originally posted by tailgators@Oct 17 2003, 05:05 AM
    Yeah you're new signature is so brilliant!

Torre fired?

Weren't you just re-introduced to reality about 1/2 an hour ago?
    I have always appreciated the job Torre did. I am more appreciative of it now with his handling of the 7th game and how he plays the lines so you need three hits instead of two to score runs.

Torre getting fired is wishful thinking.

I have a great idea. Let's all register on the Patriots message board and rub it in.
    The hell we don't feel it. That's a crock of s**t. We feel it with our Jets every year.

All Pro
    Hats off to the Yankees. Congratulations!!

I'm not a Sox fan, but that was just awful. Feel sorry for that ball club and fans. What a game!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

RS

Maybe the better team won......but the curse screwed you.....big time!!!

It's alive and kickin'!! :lol:

The curse stuff really annoyed me. I dont believe in curses, but some of the things that have happened to the Sox you just cant help but wonder whats wrong.

Same deal with the Jets. Some feel Namath cursed us for Super Bowl III or whatever. I dont believe in it but we suffer a lot of heartbreak too year after year.

So I'm not going to laugh in the Sox fans face.

The Jets have ripped our hearts out a lot too.

Originally posted by JonEJet@Oct 17 2003, 01:48 AM
    RS

Maybe the better team won......but the curse screwed you.....big time!!!

It's alive and kickin'!! :lol:
    It's the Curse of Grady Little? Since when?

The "curse" is a media invention. This was just an inept manager making the EXACT same mistake that Dusty Baker and the Cubs made two days earlier.