Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees ruining baseball

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    First and foremost, I am not a Red Sox fan who is sour. Being from Canada, I love the Jays, but first and foremost I am a baseball fan. Five years ago, I travelled to all thirty ball parks, a lifelong dream of mine. I understand that you guys are excited about your team winning, but can't ANYONE understand how this crap is destroying the sport. THE ONLY reason the Yankees are their every year is because of their deep pockets. Remember when anyone could win the World Series? This is killing the sport, and I hope all you Yankee fans enjoy these days, because they are coming to a close. Their will be a time when nobody outside the 212, 718, 917, 646, 347 etc. area codes gives a sh** about baseball anymore. I know I'm getting there...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Baseball is an AMERICAN sport. Canadian opinions do not matter. Expanding into Canada was Baseballs biggest mistake

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    spare me

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CanadaSteve@Oct 17 2003, 12:50 AM
    First and foremost, I am not a Red Sox fan who is sour. Being from Canada, I love the Jays, but first and foremost I am a baseball fan. Five years ago, I travelled to all thirty ball parks, a lifelong dream of mine. I understand that you guys are excited about your team winning, but can't ANYONE understand how this crap is destroying the sport. THE ONLY reason the Yankees are their every year is because of their deep pockets. Remember when anyone could win the World Series? This is killing the sport, and I hope all you Yankee fans enjoy these days, because they are coming to a close. Their will be a time when nobody outside the 212, 718, 917, 646, 347 etc. area codes gives a sh** about baseball anymore. I know I'm getting there...
    We have our second salary excuse :lol:

BWAHAHAHAAH :lol:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was that a racist remark?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a Molson with those sour grapes and go watch a nice curling match.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Selig ruined it by agreeing to that BS settlement last year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jet man 67, do you need a little history lesson? Did you realize that the first recorded game in North America was in Canada? Actually, the game was adopted from the British game Rounders. It's no more American than Hockey.

I didn't realize my nationality had to come into play here. I said I was a BASEBALL fan, not a CANADIAN baseball fan. Perhaps I should bring up the fact that 75 percent of all American rosters in the NHL are Canadian.

I thought I would get a little more respect than those replies. If you would look at it from a FANS point of view, and not a YANKEES point of view, you would understand where I am coming from. The same team winning every year is not that exciting whether they can spend the money or not. But the fact the Yankees have a huge advantage over every team is not right. Your just pissed because I am picking on your team and not some no-name team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CanadaSteve@Oct 17 2003, 05:06 AM
    Jet man 67, do you need a little history lesson? Did you realize that the first recorded game in North America was in Canada? Actually, the game was adopted from the British game Rounders. It's no more American than Hockey.

I didn't realize my nationality had to come into play here. I said I was a BASEBALL fan, not a CANADIAN baseball fan. Perhaps I should bring up the fact that 75 percent of all American rosters in the NHL are Canadian.

I thought I would get a little more respect than those replies. If you would look at it from a FANS point of view, and not a YANKEES point of view, you would understand where I am coming from. The same team winning every year is not that exciting whether they can spend the money or not. But the fact the Yankees have a huge advantage over every team is not right. Your just pissed because I am picking on your team and not some no-name team.
    Be realistic. What do you expect coming into a predominantly Pro-Yankee board?

I have argued baseball with these knuckleheads many many times. Very few will even admit the econmic diffeerences between the Yanks and everyone else has an impact on the game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    nobody cares who you pick in all honesty.

All the salary excuses coming in tonight takes away from the great battle that was waged between two great teams.

Say what you want. The Sox and the Yanks just waged one of the greatest games in baseball history.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CanadaSteve@Oct 17 2003, 01:06 AM
    I thought I would get a little more respect than those replies.
    Then don't post a thread with an idiotic title like that.

Not on a night like tonight!!

BTW...the Skydome sucks!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was one of the most exciting baseball games I have ever seen....baseball is hardly ruined. Boston didn't have a hard time beating the Yankees with their salary. Baseball salaries are high anyway so its only like 1-2 players. That game was awesome and these playofs have been the best in recent memory.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good post CanadaSteve.

As a fan of the defeated team I'm not going to make excuses.

But in the grand scheme of things you are absolutely right.

In their hearts a few of these Yankees fans even know its true.

I like to think that if my team had a massive competitive advantage, I'd be man enough to admit it, and to admit that change is needed, while still enjoying it for as long as it lasted.

Any Yankees fan who honestly believes they would make the same arguments if the Yankees were a 70 million payroll team and the Orioles were a 180 million dollar juggernought, is lying to themselves.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Three things:

1 - Yes, CanadaSteve. You posted to incite Yankee fans, and that's what you got. Whining about it is hypocritical.

2 - Jetman67, trashing someone's nationality is crap. I'd expect better from you.

3 - The Skydome does NOT suck. It is the most fan-friendly stadium I've ever visited. Too bad they can't get crowds there. The Jays deserve more support.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man, this is the first time I have posted anything outside of the Jets. Great, you know what, if the Leafs had just won for the upteen time in a row, I'd be happy too. If the Jets had won their fifth Super Bowl in a row, GREAT! But there is a difference. I would also understand if there is a discrepancy between the teams. Yes it was a great game, but when it comes down to it, nobody cares outside of NY that they are in. It is hurting the sport having such a wide margin between the teams. Does the NFL have this problem? No, because they have a salary cap in place. The NHL will have the same problem if they reject the next collective bargaining agreement.

TomShane
    Originally posted by NYJJared@Oct 17 2003, 01:11 AM
    That was one of the most exciting baseball games I have ever seen....baseball is hardly ruined. Boston didn't have a hard time beating the Yankees with their salary. Baseball salaries are high anyway so its only like 1-2 players. That game was awesome and these playofs have been the best in recent memory.
    I agree. You have to wait until tomorrow for trashing the deep-pocketeers of the Yankee system. It was a great game and a great series.

Sure, a guy that they pay 8 million bucks to hit .250 and can afford to sit on the bench any time they want had the big hit, but hey, who's counting?

btw, How relieved are all of thos FOX execs who were panicing at the thought of a dreadful Marlins-BoSox series? My God, I wouldn't have watched a single pitch. Not that a Marlins-Yanks series is all that much better from an entertainment standpoint, but at least there's the 27 rings angle..Yankee dynasty...blah blah blah.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do believe that there is a problem in salary between the top tier teams and the low tier teams, but to say to Yanks bought the series from Boston, or the Mets, or the other big spenders is crap. It's not all money you gotta know what to do with it. On a grand scale the game of baseball is wrong but the Yankees aren't the only team that takes advantage of that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™@Oct 17 2003, 01:13 AM
    The Skydome does NOT suck. It is the most fan-friendly stadium I've ever visited.
    The skydome sucks out loud.

First of all it faces the wrong way. The sun should set behind home plate and not into the face of the batter.

Secondly, it has the worst artificial surface in North American professional sports.

Lastly, the seats are too far away from the playing field.

Bottom Line; it SUCKS!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You weren't thinking that when the Blue Jays man-handled us during the regular season.

TomShane
    Originally posted by CanadaSteve@Oct 17 2003, 01:15 AM
    Man, this is the first time I have posted anything outside of the Jets. Great, you know what, if the Leafs had just won for the upteen time in a row, I'd be happy too. If the Jets had won their fifth Super Bowl in a row, GREAT! But there is a difference. I would also understand if there is a discrepancy between the teams. Yes it was a great game, but when it comes down to it, nobody cares outside of NY that they are in. It is hurting the sport having such a wide margin between the teams. Does the NFL have this problem? No, because they have a salary cap in place. The NHL will have the same problem if they reject the next collective bargaining agreement.
    Listen, you filthy Canuck. Why don't you run back up to Canada and try to hawk your cheap-crap lumber to America so we can keep you financially stable.

We here in the U. S. of A. have a name for a land mass like yours that has no earthly practical function other than to suck up US relief dollars:

"Detroit"

JK!, btw. Leave the Yanks fans alone, it's their night to gloat. Canada is a lovely place, and Toronto and Montreal are about as nice a place to spend a weekend as any.