Thread: Yankees:Team Effort

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The thing I loved the most was that the entire team had to work together to make this work out..from Giambi to Bernie to Matsui to Boone to most of the pitching staff, they had a piece of the action. There are a lot of new players on this team not familiar with the recent playoff success the Yankees have had and this hopefully will take them a long way. I feel great for Giambi, this guy deserves better fortune in the postseason with the Yankees and hopefully this can right his ship until he can get himself healthy again.

Take Care Pedro...remember there is no crying in baseball.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amen, well said 4H. Aaron and Jason stepped up to the plate and SWUNG!

Now it's time for Sori to show some patience and discipline.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I may not like the Yankees, but I certainly admire the pluck, resiliency and heart that they show.

As I watched the game unfold, I was always waiting for that rally to start. In my mind, it was undeniable that the enivatable was going to happen. That being said, the players made it happen. There was a calm demeanor on their bench, and panick never seemed to set in.

That is what is to be a champion. And they exhibited that last night.

That said, GO Marlins.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 4HCrew@Oct 17 2003, 07:30 AM
    Yeah but a lot of YANKEE haters are whining and crying here today.

"The YANKEES are ruining baseball" Booo F-ing Hoooo!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tailgators+Oct 17 2003, 09:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tailgators @ Oct 17 2003, 09:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--4HCrew@Oct 17 2003, 07:30 AM

"The YANKEES are ruining baseball" Booo F-ing Hoooo&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Tail-I will not whine (your words, not mine) that the Yankees are ruining baseball-baseball is allowing baseball to be ruined. The Yankees just take advantage of the system that they have in place-I can not resent them for that-If the rules are there for you, you do what you can to win.

But what may be good for the Yankees, obviously, is not good for baseball.

If you don&#39;t believe that, just monitor public opinion. Look at the ratings (this plaof being the anomoly). Football is an inferior (my opinion) product. It does not hold as much as a baseball game does-but it has surpassed baseball in popularity.

From the 70&#39;s forward, baseball was king in this country. But baseball got stupid, didn&#39;t promote, overexpanded, became involved in sigular ego issues and forged ahead with the thought of what was good for individual clubs and not what was good for the sport.

Heck, they are afraid to even have a commissioner in office that is not pro-owner. That is how ridiculous it has become.

Enough of my pointless ranting, though.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tailgators+Oct 17 2003, 09:20 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tailgators @ Oct 17 2003, 09:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--4HCrew@Oct 17 2003, 07:30 AM

"The YANKEES are ruining baseball" Booo F-ing Hoooo&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Tail-I will not whine (your words, not mine) that the Yankees are ruining baseball-baseball is allowing baseball to be ruined. The Yankees just take advantage of the system that they have in place-I can not resent them for that-If the rules are there for you, you do what you can to win.

But what may be good for the Yankees, obviously, is not good for baseball.

If you don&#39;t believe that, just monitor public opinion. Look at the ratings (this plaof being the anomoly). Football is an inferior (my opinion) product. It does not hold as much as a baseball game does-but it has surpassed baseball in popularity.

From the 70&#39;s forward, baseball was king in this country. But baseball got stupid, didn&#39;t promote, overexpanded, became involved in sigular ego issues and forged ahead with the thought of what was good for individual clubs and not what was good for the sport.

Heck, they are afraid to even have a commissioner in office that is not pro-owner. That is how ridiculous it has become.

Enough of my pointless ranting, though.